Good and Bad Buys from Aldi & Lidl *Do NOT Expire Please*

Options

Comments

• dlusman
    dlusman Posts: 2,711 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    robin58 wrote: »
    I thought that ALL cereals sold in the UK had to have a certain basic list of government recommended vitamins and minerals by law.

Am I wrong?

yes - you are wrong :)
    https://www.nutrition.org.uk/nutritionscience/foodfacts/fortification.html?showall=1
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    One of my friends bought the special buy digital sewing machine. She says she has seen other sewing machines of similar features for double the price.
  • p00hsticks
    p00hsticks Posts: 12,819 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    We bought a punnet of Lidl 'ripen at home' peaches a couple of days ago - six large peaches for 99p. Just had the first couple and they are beautifully juicy and very tasty.
  • A._Badger
    A._Badger Posts: 5,852 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    p00hsticks wrote: »
    We bought a punnet of Lidl 'ripen at home' peaches a couple of days ago - six large peaches for 99p. Just had the first couple and they are beautifully juicy and very tasty.

Well that's a definite improvement on Sainsbury's! I have four bought last Saurday and they are still like bullets. So much for those who still insist that the (former) 'big names' sell better quality products.
  • p00hsticks
    p00hsticks Posts: 12,819 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    A._Badger wrote: »
    Well that's a definite improvement on Sainsbury's! I have four bought last Saurday and they are still like bullets. So much for those who still insist that the (former) 'big names' sell better quality products.

Yes, we'd bought four from Sainsbury's the week before and the LIDL ones are far nicer and better value for money
  • Wizard_of_Id
    Wizard_of_Id Posts: 5,512 Forumite
    edited 19 September 2016 at 6:37PM
    Options
    I really like the lorne sausage with black pudding 'eyes', not sure if they are available nationwide but @ £1.59 for 4 slices (300g) well worth looking out for :)

(I was lucky today and managed to get 3 packs with 30% off so they will keep in the freezer for another day)
  • VfM4meplse
    VfM4meplse Posts: 34,269 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    p00hsticks wrote: »
    You have to catch them at the right time though. I tend to keep them in the fridge and take them out to ripen, a few at a time. I had a couple this evening that had been left out since Thursday, and were really delicious - so that gives you an idea of the timescale for ripening. Ones that are left in the fridge for too long don't ripen at all.

Same applies to the nectarines.
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • Happygreen
    Happygreen Posts: 2,948 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I don't usually go for ready meals but OH bought 2 things from the (new?) Lidl Chef Select range. Chicken Jalfrezi and Garlic bread (2) . Both really nice and no nasties in the ingredients list. It is possible to make nice ready meals without poisoning your customers - cut a slice of that one, Big 4.
    First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, and then you win - Gandhi
  • VfM4meplse
    VfM4meplse Posts: 34,269 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Aldi direct deliveries are surprisingly efficient.

I packed am order just before 7am yesterday, it was dispatched last night and I had a message at 10.20am this morning saying that it was on its way. Yodel delivered to a neighbour at 11am :)
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • VfM4meplse wrote: »
    Aldi direct deliveries are surprisingly efficient.

I packed am order just before 7am yesterday, it was dispatched last night and I had a message at 10.20am this morning saying that it was on its way. Yodel delivered to a neighbour at 11am :)

Theyre probably not very busy at the moment.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure