IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Highview parking charge notice

Options

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,659 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    'PPC letter chains' is a sticky thread collated by Crabman near the top of this forum. Click on the pre-Oct 2012 link on it (as pogofish says) NOT the one that leads to pepipoo forum as it's too sparse. Look at the 'old' link that has photos galore on here of entire letter chains. These firms haven't changed the letters much in years.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • raging-rupert
    Options
    Unfortunately the list of letters for highview parking only has the initial letter and a tesco headed letter. Which wouldn't be applicable to this case.

Does all this affect credit history?
  • Dee140157
    Dee140157 Posts: 2,864 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Absolutely not.

The only way it can affect your credit history is if you get taken to court, a CCJ is made against you and you fail to pay the CCJ.

Since there is no keeper liability in Scotland, no one can take you to court, therefore you cannot get a CCJ, therefore nothing on your credit history!

Stop worrying, put letters in a pile and see if you can beat the record for the number you receive. I'm not sure what that is though!
    Newbie thread: go to the top of this page and find these words: Main site > MoneySavingExpert.com Forums > Household & Travel > Motoring > Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking. Click on words Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking. Newbie thread is the first post. Blue New Thread button is just above it to left.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,659 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Unfortunately the list of letters for highview parking only has the initial letter and a tesco headed letter. Which wouldn't be applicable to this case.
    Why only look at Highview?! Why not all the Debt Recovery Plus examples listed under other PPCs?
    Does all this affect credit history?
    Course not. Does a phishing email that you delete, affect your credit record? Nope.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • raging-rupert
    Options
    Another threatening letter received. Giving me more time to pay or they will instruct their clients solicitors to start court proceedings. Even included a link to see ccjs that had been obtained by them.
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    its always about what they "will" do , because they cannot actually "do" anything at all ! (apart from referring back to creditor)

I have no doubt you were told (or you read the newbies thread) to ignore debt collector letters and only come back if you get an LBC or an MCOL
  • AltheHibby
    AltheHibby Posts: 733 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    R-R,

Please totally ignore them. The letters are their equivalent of phising e-mails.

They are only trying to make you believe that they can carry out the threats. If they don't know who the driver is they cannot sue, so they cannot carry out the threats.

I have had the same threats from Parking Eye, but as I am the registered keeper they are stuffed unless I tell them who the driver is; and since there is no legal requirement in Scotland to tell them, I'm not going to.

BTW, the letter you have will say something like 'if you don't pay we will advise our clients to consider legal proceedings'. See how it's couched in if's, but's and maybes?

As for the CCJs, we don't have County Courts in Scotland, so they can't take you to one. Their threats are on the same level as Alex Salmond's threat to blockade the North Sea if we vote "Yes" and the EU don't let us back in - sounds threatening but has no legal basis. (and I include this to make a point, not to start a referendum debate)

Please stop worrying, there is nothing bad that will happen to you.
  • raging-rupert
    Options
    Yeah don't worry I am ignoring them. I was simply updating the thread with current events. So that the dates were recorded and the examples of the letters could be uploaded to show others what they are likely to receive.
  • raging-rupert
    Options
    Just to update. I received one more letter from then after the deadline. Offering to reduce the charge. Again this was ignored. It's been at least a month since that letter I'd say. No further correspondence from either Highview or the collections agent. So it seems this is the point they get bored.

Thanks for the support and advice and I hope that this thread gives someone else an idea of what to expect and some reassurance that they are just empty threats.
  • iprivate
    Options
    Hi
    I'm in a similar scenario with 2 separate companies, Highview in almondvale and Parking Eye in bathgate. So far ignoring all correspondence from these companies and debt collection agency. Although I came across this article in the dundee courier "drivers-warned-of-parking-fines-blitz" 10th October and paused for thought. Any comments? Are things likely to change in the imminent future?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure