Roamler

Comments

• Zooca
    Zooca Posts: 205 Forumite
    edited 4 March 2014 at 10:14AM
    I'm guessing that this takes for granted the time taken to travel from where you are to where the tasks are (eg. suburb of London to local shopping centre or maybe central London) and the amount of time travelling between tasks, and finding the items in the shop to complete the task? I'm guessing you'd need at least a few hours of spare time?

Do any tasks require you to spend money, other than travel?

Over what kind of timescale did it take you to earn £1000+?
  • shabbadoof13
    shabbadoof13 Posts: 137 Forumite
    Zooca wrote: »
    I'm guessing that this takes for granted the time taken to travel from where you are to where the tasks are (eg. suburb of London to local shopping centre or maybe central London) and the amount of time travelling between tasks, and finding the items in the shop to complete the task? I'm guessing you'd need at least a few hours of spare time? [/qutote]

A LOT of the tasks are in the city center where I work so are a matter of minutes in terms of walking from one check to the next. Drinks ones for example, you can have 10 of those to do paying £9-£12 within a few roads of each other in the city center
    Do any tasks require you to spend money, other than travel?
    Only the drinks ones require a purchase. Flowers / Menu Checks / Veg Checks / Magazine checks are just normal audit assignments.
    Over what kind of timescale did it take you to earn £1000+?
    I try and do £25 a week in flowers so £25 x 52 brings in at least £1300 without even doing any other type of task for Roamler.

It's basically like Field Agent but in a more regular way I suppose as FA tends to be more Ad hoc assignments while these appears every week/month
  • shabbadoof13
    shabbadoof13 Posts: 137 Forumite
    What unearth had happened to this sub forum

A fellow member asks about earning potential and job availability - there is already that information available so I link to it and then we get a member getting all moral majority about doing that

There is nothing wrong with linking to good content no matter where it comes from as I thought the point of forums like this was to help everyone out
  • Jadedwords
    Jadedwords Posts: 40 Forumite
    edited 4 March 2014 at 10:14AM
    Maybe a bit harsh?

He gave the link (which was helpful - thanks Shabbadoof13) in response to questions about the original topic - it wasn't really spam now, was it?

Afaik he doesn't have associations with Roamler, which was the original topic, and lots of people who hadn't heard of it before will now have done! Seems a pretty useful thread to me.

Back on topic: There seem to be quite a few jobs around my local area (Midlands). I'll try and work it into my routine I think - checking for jobs on the way back from work etc. I could see this adding up nicely - every little helps eh :)
    Don't have sex, you will get pregnant and die!
  • imoneyop
    imoneyop Posts: 970 Forumite
    edited 4 March 2014 at 9:52AM
    Jadedwords wrote: »
    Maybe a bit harsh?

He gave the link (which was helpful - thanks Shabbadoof13) in response to questions about the original topic - it wasn't really spam now, was it?

Afaik he doesn't have associations with Roamler, which was the original topic, and lots of people who hadn't heard of it before will now have done! Seems a pretty useful thread to me.

Back on topic: There seem to be quite a few jobs around my local area (Midlands). I'll try and work it into my routine I think - checking for jobs on the way back from work etc. I could see this adding up nicely - every little helps eh :)

This is nothing to do with Roamler - it is his repeated spamming of his pathetic site at every chance he gets. He should be well aware of the rules on self-promotion by now, but continues to link to it.
  • imoneyop
    There is nothing wrong with linking to good content no matter where it comes from as I thought the point of forums like this was to help everyone out

Is it good content or just another opportunity to try and plug your crappy site?

Perhaps a re-read of the rules you agreed to when you signed up is in order, since you don't seem to remember them.
  • imoneyop wrote: »
    Is it good content or just another opportunity to try and plug your crappy site?

Perhaps a re-read of the rules you agreed to when you signed up is in order, since you don't seem to remember them.

Ok so by the logic.

Say I worked for Roamler (or any other 'work at home scheme') and I linked back to information about that method on say a facebook page that is run by the same company and I am helping people out about that would also get you to press the report button?

No wonder we see people week after week come onto this forum and asking for help with earning from home. If you provide a link to a site which has the content they are after it shouldn't matter where the link has come from (as we are not talking about a typical spam post here as I am a user who has been thanked many times as you can see by my profile )
  • imoneyop
    Ok so by the logic.

Say I worked for Roamler (or any other 'work at home scheme') and I linked back to information about that method on say a facebook page that is run by the same company and I am helping people out about that would also get you to press the report button?

That would get you reported for being an unauthorised company representative ;) You really need to take a read of the rules as you seem woefully unaware of them.
    No wonder we see people week after week come onto this forum and asking for help with earning from home. If you provide a link to a site which has the content they are after it shouldn't matter where the link has come from (as we are not talking about a typical spam post here as

You could have posted the information, but you chose to link to your site, in the hope of getting referrals. It seems the Forum Team agree as you seem to have many posts that have been edited by them to remove your self-promotion (ignoring the ones that they have deleted all together). And then there are your PMs trying to recruit people to your site.

You keep posting your spam and I'll keep reporting it until either you get the message or the Forum Team gets fed up with having to clean up after you and bans you.
    I am a user who has been thanked many times as you can see by my profile )

Wow, does that make you feel important?

Perhaps it is the fact that you try and hide that it it is your site by saying things like "here is a site I found" - typical spammer tactic.
  • scaredofdebt
    scaredofdebt Posts: 1,640 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    It's like Field Agent, as mentioned above, but it does work on Android.

I can't see it being that lucrative, you might make a hundred or so quid a month out of it if you can pick up enough jobs and can be bothered.

But thanks to the OP in any case, I have downloaded it and will check it when I remember to!
    Make £2018 in 2018 Challenge - Total to date £2,108
  • dragilex
    dragilex Posts: 61 Forumite
    Not really appropriate having that argument on the thread, ruined the whole discussion about Roamler.

My first week experience so far, tasks are ok but I've run out, hoping more appear soon. Was surprised that it would offer me tasks that are over 5 miles away, should be able to filter that.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure