PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

The Weekly Flylady Thread w/c 29 July 2013

Options

Comments

• fuddle
    fuddle Posts: 6,823 Forumite
    Options
    Hi valli, love the list!

I will try keep up with you all this week. I'm actually looking forward to working on the living room tomorrow.

A lot of ironing and washing to do though so might not be as thorough as I'd like.
  • helen_jelly
    helen_jelly Posts: 2,982 Forumite
    Options
    I'm in again, still not posting much and not able to keep up with the thread at the mo either, sorry, so hugs, sticks, spoons and ice lollies to anyone who wants them :]

i've just done a flylady clean up in the kitchen, not managed the floor but the doors, worktops, appliances are all sparkly

Glad its the LR tomorrow as its in a bit of a mess

Thanks for the lists ladies - Dusty, hope all goes well this week for you - thinking of you and your family x

DH is off work till Thursday, he had a scan today and we'll get the results in 10 days - just when I go away for a week with Mum and the kids - not happy about it but I can't do anything to speed it up :[

Blimey Pigpen, can't you tell visitors to come back later - thats an awful busy time you have there!!

Helen
    Projects made for craft fair - 40 :)
    1st fair on 13/4/14 :j
  • MinnieMousesMummy
    MinnieMousesMummy Posts: 1,454 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 29 July 2013 at 12:06AM
    Options
    Please count me in for this week, I got a bit lost with things last week so will try harder this week.

Manic Monday - living room
    • Empty waste bins
    • Open window to let in fresh air
    • Remove anything that belongs elsewhere to be rehomed
    • Wipe over coaster/sticky, icky tables
    • Chuck out old newspapers etc - recycle!
    • Quick hoover round
    • Wipe switches, sockets and sticky door marks
    • Dust & deweb living room
    • Clean the windows
    • It's almost August so check your diary and see what birthday (etc) cards you might need for the month. Add them, and stamps if you need them, to your shopping list
    • Sort out cards for November and December - because trying to find birthday cards (etc) when the shops are chock full of Christmas cards is NOT easy! Add them to your list. Put them in a MEMORABLE place - because we don't want them lost when you need them!
    • And finally - don't forget your frog list - even if you only nibble on a frog make a start!

Other jobs for Monday
    • Quick shower
    • Childcare runs
    • Do MSing jobs that are in for today
    • Attend hospital appointment
    • Take DM back home
    • Print paperwork that is needed for this week
    • Count coin jar and pay into bank
    • Pay cheque into bank
    • Pay some money off loan
    • Do some English course work (2 hours)
    • Catch up with thread
    • Update online diary
  • **Vanilla**
    **Vanilla** Posts: 362 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I'm back in this week, thanks Valli for the list.

Flinging and Flying in the family room - living room

15 minutes?

A tidy room LOOKS like a clean room so

• empty waste bins
    • open window to let in fresh air
    • remove anything that belongs elsewhere to be rehomed
    • plump cushions
    • wipe over coaster/sticky, icky tables
    • chuck out old newspapers etc - recycle!
    • quick run round with Henry or Hetty or whatever's on suction duty
    30 minutes? as above plus-
    • wipe switches, sockets and sticky door marks
    • vacuum properly - move that furniture if you safely can
    • lift sofa and chair cushions and vacuum under them
    1hour? as above plus -
    • as above plus complete dusting - don't forget the skirting boards!
    • Clean the windows
    EXTRAS
    • It's almost August so check your diary and see what birthday (etc) cards you might need for the month. Add them, and stamps if you need them, to your shopping list
    EXTRA SPECIAL
    • Sort out cards for November and December - because trying to find birthday cards (etc) when the shops are chock full of Christmas cards is NOT easy! Add them to your list. Put them in a MEMORABLE place - because we don't want them lost when you need them!
    Right time for bed, plan to be up at a good time in the morning and get stuff done before kids get up. :D
    Life is short, live it. Love is rare, grab it. Anger is bad, dump it. Fear is awful, face it. Memories are sweet, cherish it.”
  • juliejim
    juliejim Posts: 7,943 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Morning All

Well I'm in - I've got lots to do! If I don't do anything else I need to sort the DR before Wednesday as I've got a new table and chairs coming - it's just a butterfly table where the chairs fit inside it as at the moment I've got a fold down table but then 4 big chairs which are at the side of the room which is tiny anyway! The chairs are covered in stuff which all needs sorting and my Scouting box lives on one of them so I need to think where to keep that - it's one of the plastic boxes which is full of stuff which I take with me on a Monday and a Thursday and then bring it back so it needs to be accessible - any ideas?

The whole house is a bombsite so it all needs sorting preferably before I go on holiday in 2 weeks. I also need to sort my house ins, gas & elec and mobile phone contract.

Congratulations to the mummyof5 household.

Vanilla & Froddy - are you up? You were both going to make an early start! Froddy - perhaps I should ring you and get you up!:p

Have a good day

Hugs

Jue
    NST #10 Steps 7K 2/30 10K 2/12 5 a day 3/30 NSD 0/20
    MBNA £5500
  • tarotangel
    tarotangel Posts: 84 Forumite
    Options
    Hi everyone,

I shall take punishment for not hardly flying at all last week.

My sister and family are up. They got off the boat last Sunday and ended up at A&E that night as my nephew had a tumble at the playground. Poor thing has a cast all the way up his arm, although he is running around like his usual mad 6 year old self now. They came to mine on Saturday night and although we cleaned and dusted we were bad and stuck all the paperwork in a bag to go through this week - that will be my frog for the week. I shall be HHP(aperworking) instead of HHCing.:D

I'm also low on spoons Drs switched my pill from Noriday to Cerazette. It's taking my spoons away drastically and also not doing the mental department any good. I got to a kind of "stable" bit in my life and now it's all unravelling but I have to wait another two weeks before I can go back.

On the plus side I got a steam mop, it's great. I've got laminate lino stuff all through the house and this makes it so much easier.

Also restarted my spelt sourdough starter today and have put the bread machine on.

Sorry for the moaning essay and sending (((hugs))), spoons, virtual wine and chocs for all who need them. x
    Sealed Pot Challenge 6 - 2058
  • fuddle
    fuddle Posts: 6,823 Forumite
    Options
    Just up ready and after my coffee, supped as I sit here and type to you, I will be tackling the dust that is soon to be a paint effect in it's own right.

My main task is keep up with you all week. I'm a good starter but never managed to stick with the list all through the week.

tarotangel I feel your pain re: cerazette and feeling stable. For 2 years I have not been on any pill because I feel it sends me all over the place mentally/emotionally. Last month I took the plunge to go try get a pill (feel as I age I don't want to risk an unplanned pregnancy) that wouldn't effect me as much as others in the past. Once we got over the 'injections are so brilliant, or how about the coil' (my guess is cheaper for the surgery) I got my way and with a little tustle and explanation about me wanting to feel in control of my moods I was given cerezette. I feel ok on it. I hope things even out for you too.
  • Mumto5
    Mumto5 Posts: 1,838 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thanks for stepping inValli, I'm not deserting.

Flying is a necessity after a fabulous weekend celebrating our 20th WA. DH booked the same suite we honeymooned in.:)

Congrats to mummyof5's DS for passing his driving test.

We have a canine guest this week. Poppy's an old lady and has recently had a stroke. She holds her head to the left. It looks quite comical. I've just walked her so I'm going to shower and crack on with the list.
  • Honey_Bear
    Honey_Bear Posts: 7,090 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Thanks for the list Valli, Natty for last week's and I hope Dusty has a happy holiday break. It's bin day here, so that'll take priority over everything, it's raining and I've got three full loads primed for the WM. The only room in the house that isn't getting any use is the sitting room, so I will do 15 mins in there to keep it relatively civilized.

I've decluttered a lodger back to Tanzania via the bus station, although I'm at a loss as to how she's going to manage all that luggage on her own, a bunch a chaps to their location with multiple flasks of tea and coffee with tins of bix, walked the dog and put the dishwasher going that I forgot to switch on last night.

My hands are a complete mess, with itchy bits from a reaction to all the washing up I've been doing and dings and dents where I've been careless. We've got another ten days to go, so somewhere along the line today, I need to take a bit of control before I get completely run down.
    Better is good enough.
  • juliejim
    juliejim Posts: 7,943 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Well so far I've sorted out 2 drawers, walked the dog and taken DD to Summer School. I'm going to do another HHC now on the remaining 3 drawers so then hopefully I'll have more room to put some of the stuff that's in piles on the LR floor (mainly Scouting stuff if I'm honest - it tends to take over).

Anyone joining me for a HHC @ 9.15?
    NST #10 Steps 7K 2/30 10K 2/12 5 a day 3/30 NSD 0/20
    MBNA £5500
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills