September 2012 Grocery Challenge

Comments

• Waffle Berry Pie sounds interesting. Please could you elaborate or even post the recipe?
    Thanks
    SL

Not sure where the recipe originates from so I can't take credit but my OH got it from a woman in his work and I have made a few changes. Its super easy and great for sundays as we pop it in oven while eating and then its ready when weve finished.

1 pack of waffles
    200g of white choclate
    400g frozen raspberries
    1 oz caster sugar
    1tblsp s/r flour (not sure if it actually needs to be S/R but thats what i used!)
    300ml creme fraiche
    4 eggs.

Chop waffles into bitesize pieces and layer half in the bottom of a casserole.

Chop white choc into small chunks and sprinkle half over top

put half rasperries in aswell and then repeat.

Mix creme fraiche, sugar, flour and eggs until smooth then pour over top. I usually leave it stand for about 5-10 mins so it can seep through.

Bake in oven on 180 for fan ovens for 30-35 mins (centre should be set) and then serve straight away dusted with icing sugar and with a scoop of ice cream or on its own.

Sounds a bit strange but it is really yummy! Get whinged at by my sister if I dont make often enough!:rotfl:
  • rosieben
    rosieben Posts: 5,010
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Lulabelle, I've added your Waffle Berry Pie recipe to the index on the October thread. ;)
    ... don't throw the string away. You always need string! :D

C.R.A.P.R.O.L.L.Z Head Sharpener
  • Hello,
    I have been reading and not posting, sorry. Will try harder in October. I am here until the end of September too.

The waffle berry pudding is a pampered chef recipe. It's really nice. I always use a pampered chef recipe to make brownies. You melt the butter and stir in the other ingredients so it is quick and easy. Mmmmm all this pudding talk is making me hungry.

I bought DH the Lorraine pascal cookery book and I would really recommend it. It is full of recipes that I would actually make and they don't need loads of ingredients. Last night we had sweet and sour pork balls with peanut rice (made using sausages) it was soooo nice and not expensive to make either.

Off to add up spends. Smoked haddock (ys of course!) defrosting for dinner.

Xx
    GC Mar 11 £437.08Apr 11 £459.26 May 11 £485.52 June 11 £423.79July 11 £409.22 Aug 11 £250.10Sept 11 £396.14Oct 11 £382.37Nov 11 £372.55Dec 11 £332.29 Jan 12 £375.19:Feb 12 £349.58Mar 12 £279.66Apr 12 £249.12May 12 £337.66/Jun 12 £362.58/Jul 12 £317.03/Aug 12 £354.02/Sept £439.72/Oct 12 £210.16
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 25 September 2012 at 1:20PM
    Hi everyone, been MIA a while. My daughter has been having a friend staying for the last month/5 weeks, so it has really pushed the budget, plus i bought loads of extras for my daughter to stock her up, as she left for Uni Friday. She phoned me up nearly in tears, saying she had spent £13 in tesco, but didn't really have any meals to eat so ended up buying a takeaway - i tried teaching her, but she did not want to know, now shes asked for a shopping list and menu, so i will do that for her. Maybe i should start off a thread and get some wonderful ideas from you clever people. She wants to spend £15 to start with, as she needs to reign it in, rising to £20, which is really doable, but being a student sharing a kitchen, she just wants quick and easy at the mo. Anyway, i might do that, as it might encourage her to EAT. p.s. she has kindly left me her friend to provide for (thanks for that), whom i barely know, so not a happy bunny. Anyway im opting out of September and will join October on 1st. See you there
  • Final spends of the month were £27 L%&* and £26 MrM, also £17 butchers. So total for september£251 I think. Which is £50 under. :)I am not including toilitries in october. We were lucky with all the apples and blackberrys we got for free in september I think next month will be harderCOLOR="black"][/COLOR] or house hold at the moment. Would like to try for[COdLOR="black"][/COLOR]£275 in october.Sorry my phone wont let me do red.
    GC July 345/325Aug GC 297.50/300:money: GC Sept £251/300
    GC Oct 235/275 Nov GC £72/250
    NSD 5/30:D
    My month runs 22nd -22nd:cool:
  • Sorry my phone is really playing up. Was trying to say I will go for £275 in 9october.Which will be harder I think as fewer apples and blackberries around. I am not including toiletries or household at the moment
    GC July 345/325Aug GC 297.50/300:money: GC Sept £251/300
    GC Oct 235/275 Nov GC £72/250
    NSD 5/30:D
    My month runs 22nd -22nd:cool:
  • rosieben
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Sorry my phone is really playing up. Was trying to say I will go for £275 in 9october.Which will be harder I think as fewer apples and blackberries around. I am not including toiletries or household at the moment

I've put you in red so Coxy will see you, ss ;)

• Coxy11
    Coxy11 Posts: 4,837
    Homepage Hero Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Thank you rosieben :A

No GC spends today although used a few bits from my second purse which I will tot up and settle up at the end of the week.

Had some rubbish news today regarding my best friend in the whole wide world who I've known for 40 years and love to pieces. Feeling very low tonight. Sorry - not GC-related I know, but sometimes, just sometimes your faith gets tested to the absolute limits :(
    Cross-stitch WIP: Durene Jones Haberdashery Shop 365 1p challenge member No.6 Read 24 books in 2024 - currently reading The Various Haunts of Men by Susan Hill 1/24
  • So sorry to hear of your sadness Coxy. Thinking of you. xxx
    SPC 14 Target £200 /
    Debt: £11850
  • rosieben
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    (((( Coxy ))))

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors