Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    PrincessDonna2009
    Wedding Diet Thread....
    • 24th Apr 11, 11:44 PM
    Wedding Diet Thread.... 24th Apr 11 at 11:44 PM
    Hello Everyone

I thought it would be a good idea to set up this thread for all you Bride's to be that are dieting in time for their wedding or just in general...

I will start with my story. Basically when I met my partner 7 years ago I was a size 14, up until 2009 I bloomed to a size 24 and went from 11 stones to 23 stones...yes that's right! Anyway I was enjoying a nice Indian takeaway on a Friday night as usual in 2009 and felt a massive sharp pain under my breast bone, which continued through the night and the worse pain I have felt. I was then rushed in hospital the following day and was diagnosed with 'Gallstones'...Well that was it, the doctor gave me a choice either lose the weight and eat healthy and I would not need a operation or carry on the way I was doing and I would need probably emergency surgery to remove them, well I am petrified of anything relating to surgery and would not like to be put asleep...so I decided enough was enough and said I would start a diet.

October 2009 I start on my own low fat, healthy eating diet and I have gone down to a dress size 18 and now weigh 15 stone 6lb's to date... This was achieved all by myself, with no joining of any diet/fat clubs and no exercise! I am proud of myself, but want to lose the weight to look nice on my wedding day and hoping to achieve this as well.

So anyone else want to talk about their weight, dieting etc.....

Be good to hear of other people's success, stories and general chit chat about dieting and what works for you etc....Maybe we can all share recipes, ideas etc....
    Married the love of my life on 1st October 2011
Page 325
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

224Posts Today

1,521Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Disgraceful upsell on "The Bank" on BBC2. Young woman goes in for £1,500 loan gets sold £3,000 more. A BANK'S JOB IS TO SELL NOT ADVISE!

• Facebook's the new eBay - 27 tricks on flogging stuff for FREE... http://t.co/E9jppI9cn2

• How many times have you (or your household) switched energy provider in the last 5 years? PLEASE VOTE... http://t.co/UIUfLij3Zl

• Follow Martin