Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    PrincessDonna2009
    Wedding Diet Thread....
    • 24th Apr 11, 11:44 PM
    Wedding Diet Thread.... 24th Apr 11 at 11:44 PM
    Hello Everyone

I thought it would be a good idea to set up this thread for all you Bride's to be that are dieting in time for their wedding or just in general...

I will start with my story. Basically when I met my partner 7 years ago I was a size 14, up until 2009 I bloomed to a size 24 and went from 11 stones to 23 stones...yes that's right! Anyway I was enjoying a nice Indian takeaway on a Friday night as usual in 2009 and felt a massive sharp pain under my breast bone, which continued through the night and the worse pain I have felt. I was then rushed in hospital the following day and was diagnosed with 'Gallstones'...Well that was it, the doctor gave me a choice either lose the weight and eat healthy and I would not need a operation or carry on the way I was doing and I would need probably emergency surgery to remove them, well I am petrified of anything relating to surgery and would not like to be put asleep...so I decided enough was enough and said I would start a diet.

October 2009 I start on my own low fat, healthy eating diet and I have gone down to a dress size 18 and now weigh 15 stone 6lb's to date... This was achieved all by myself, with no joining of any diet/fat clubs and no exercise! I am proud of myself, but want to lose the weight to look nice on my wedding day and hoping to achieve this as well.

So anyone else want to talk about their weight, dieting etc.....

Be good to hear of other people's success, stories and general chit chat about dieting and what works for you etc....Maybe we can all share recipes, ideas etc....
    Married the love of my life on 1st October 2011
Page 325
  • Em88
    I really can't wait! Going to get SO drunk haha. Erm I think he is just going to have a few drinks with his mates. Neither of us get to see our friends as often as we would like as we live in london and they live mostly down by brighton where we grew up with a few dotted around the country. He has said he is going to not bother to get dressed and stay in playing playstation and eating all the cupcakes in the flat haha!
    • lazer
    • By lazer 16th Mar 12, 9:58 AM
    • 3,229 Posts
    • 4,520 Thanks
    lazer
    Well i have stayed the same this week

(Although i'm convinced its because I weighed in on Friday instead of Saturday - as i don't get up to late on saturday, and generally do a bit of *exercise* on a saturday morning before the weigh in!)

Its obviously nothing to do with eating out Saturday, Pizza & wine & chocolate on sunday, eating out Wednesday etc etc...

Also - I didn't go to Zumba at all, but did go swimming and go for a run instead this week.

Back to being good this week - although not tomorrow - its St Patricks day, so i'll be celebrating all day!

Well done to everyone who lost!
    Weight loss challenge, lose 15lb in 6 weeks before Christmas.
  • Em88
    Edit: have just been told the jeans and t-shirt I was going to wear during the day is not smart enough! ggrrr. If I knew what we were doing I would know what to wear!
    • johannalf88
    • By johannalf88 16th Mar 12, 10:07 AM
    • 2,797 Posts
    • 1,483 Thanks
    johannalf88
    Ohhhh! You HAVE to let u all know what happened on Monday!
  • Em88
    Heehee I definately will

I am getting a bit peckish already. Had porridge for breakfast. Lunch is last nights left overs so got a bit of vegetable rice, lentil dahl and some thai coconut quorn curry. Yummy.
    • johannalf88
    • By johannalf88 16th Mar 12, 11:38 AM
    • 2,797 Posts
    • 1,483 Thanks
    johannalf88
    I have just had a packet of Pom Bears!!
  • Em88
    Oh wow. I used to love them when I was little, especially the salt and vinegar ones!
    • johannalf88
    • By johannalf88 16th Mar 12, 12:03 PM
    • 2,797 Posts
    • 1,483 Thanks
    johannalf88
    They have them in the shop, multipack (6 bags) for ! Obviously! and only 77 cals a bag.
  • Em88
    Oh wow that isn't bad at all. I have been having twiglets lately and they are only 97 cals. But 77 is even better! Do they make you feel like a small child again?? I always feel like a little kid when I have pick and mix!
    • johannalf88
    • By johannalf88 16th Mar 12, 12:19 PM
    • 2,797 Posts
    • 1,483 Thanks
    johannalf88
    Only when I deliberately bite the heads of the bears first!!! Although it also reminds me of my first boyfriend, he used to do that (bite the heads off first).
  • Em88
    Haha brilliant
  • Hadley1
    Afternoon Everyone,

Just a quick post - haven't had chance to catch up with all the posts, but enjoy your Hen Emm

I lost another 1lb - its coming off just slowly. Need to give it a boost. Just not sure how.

Oh forgot to say, I had to prompt my mum to say I'd lost a lot - not impressed. Though to be fair they had been awake over 24 hours before she saw me.
    • johannalf88
    • By johannalf88 16th Mar 12, 3:30 PM
    • 2,797 Posts
    • 1,483 Thanks
    johannalf88
    That's no excuse Hadley! I am getting down because no-1 is commenting on my loss either?! *sigh*
  • Hadley1
    Exactly - i'm glad someone understands.

I get the random compliments every now again. But nowhere near enough.

"Wow Jo - you have lost so much weight" Does my compliment count???
  • Em88
    Thanks Hadley
    And well done on the loss

I haven't seen quite a few of the people coming on my hen for a little while; they best comment on how good i am looking haha!

Hope everyone has a great weekend I can't WAIT for mine heehee. Will tell you all about it on monday
  • Hadley1
    Oh yes please do Em. Hope you have a great time

Am tired now... want to go home and start the weekend.
    • Brightside
    • By Brightside 16th Mar 12, 4:08 PM
    • 215 Posts
    • 1,252 Thanks
    Brightside
    have fun Em

I lost another 1lb this week, which is great as far as i'm concerned.

Fish and chips for lunch today though - no batter on the fish helped a little bit, and probably something really bad for tea as i'll be home late. Then I have 6 good days to make up for it.

If I can carry on losing a steady lb a week, i'll be over the moon.
    When you're chewing on life's gristle, don't grumble, give a whistle.

• johannalf88
    • By johannalf88 16th Mar 12, 4:12 PM
    • 2,797 Posts
    • 1,483 Thanks
    johannalf88
    Exactly - i'm glad someone understands.

I get the random compliments every now again. But nowhere near enough.

"Wow Jo - you have lost so much weight" Does my compliment count???
    Originally posted by Hadley1
    I haven't had even one random compliment! I tell mysel I am loosing it too slowly for people to actually notice, but I can see a considerable difference when I'm standing in a bikini- so I guess thats the main thing!

In fact my boss even told me I looked ill the other day?!? (actually after I complimented her... Thought I would start the ball rolling etc )
    • johannalf88
    • By johannalf88 16th Mar 12, 4:13 PM
    • 2,797 Posts
    • 1,483 Thanks
    johannalf88
    Well done Brightside!
    • johannalf88
    • By johannalf88 16th Mar 12, 5:15 PM
    • 2,797 Posts
    • 1,483 Thanks
    johannalf88
    Well everyone, that's me with work finished for another week. I am off to a wine bar now! (a glass if red wine is good for your health ok??!)

Have a good weekend everyone.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,426Posts Today

6,203Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO https://t.co/WvYWI3x9Ni

• Writing with the news off feels a touch daring at the moment. Im wary of turning it back on & finding the latest turn in our national dramas

• I had my first full nights sleep since the referendum so I am feeling much more awake https://t.co/8n8p5QCkmn

• Follow Martin