March 2011 Grocery Challenge

Comments

• burge23
    burge23 Posts: 74 Forumite
    Well had an NSD yesterday but not today. :o Just back in from Al*i and As*a as we were out of cereal and coffee which is the only thing MiL drinks :eek:. Hopefully sorted now, except from bread, milk and a few veggies, for the rest of the month. I looking at my receipts I've managed some really good bargains and am well stocked up with dog and rabbit food, pasta, apple juice (DS drinks this a lot). As*a had a certain well known brand of dishwasher tabs 58 for £3 = 100% free. That's even cheaper than my usual ones from Li*l. :j. They will do 2 months. Have strong suspicion I'll be over my guestimate budget but at least it's a start! Has anyone tried the Mr S 5 meals for £20 yet and are they any good? :)
  • l.m.hart wrote: »
    Morning does anyone know if Mr M still have the offer on the baked beans, dont want to have a wasted trip.

hi, the offers usually run sunday to sunday, is it the branston ones you want?they are still showing as 30p on the m'sons website HTH :D

another nsd for me and a lovely walk down the river with the kids, ds managed to get wet and squelched home lol i've had a look at what food's in the house and think i might just be able to stay on budget this month :)

keep up the penny pinching :D
    1 adult, 3 children-Newborn and ages 4 & 6, 1 rabbit
    budget of £250 is for food, toiletries, nappies, wipes, cleaning/washing products and pet supplies (litter, sawdust, food)
  • Hugs, and spoons to all who need or want them.:grouphug:

Have finally caught up the thread it seems to move so quick!

A simple quick recipe for using up dairylea triangles

Boil up some pasta of choice and drain off the liquid, while hot stir in the triangles and a splash of milk and some chopped up ham, season with black pepper and hey presto quick and easy carbonara.:p

Reporting a spend on dog food on Friday of £9.99 but that should cover the rest of this month and possible all of next. Which does mean i am on super tight reins to stay in budget for the end of this month. Freezer meals and home baking it is.

Must try out the mr t mr a price war i need some shampoo and i do love tresemme so will have to make an extra to budget buy for this i think.
    HSBC [STRIKE]£3223.20[/STRIKE] £2060.00
    Cap1 [STRIKE]£1724.91[/STRIKE] £1782.00
    OD [STRIKE]£939.78[/STRIKE] £200.00
    No 49 of £2012 in 2012.. £645.10 so far & Crazy Clothes £14.09/£100.00 ReducingtheToiletryStash2012 UU12/IN 20 March Grocery 0.00/£65.00 & LbsNot£s Lost 14Lbs
  • :wave:

Its been a while since i posted, I hope everyone is well x

I have been keeping note of my spending....I'm doing quite well - I've got lots of dinner stuff, so just need the daily things really (bread, milk, eggs etc) for the rest of the month. Might have to increase my budget from £250 from next month as my cat was really sick last week and the week before and the result is he now needs a special diet which costs way more than what I was paying for his food...I might try to keep at £250, but I don't want to feel like I'm struggling, I want to feel as if I am in control of my spending iykwim, so I'll see how I go :)
    Be the change you want to see in the world - Gandhi
    OU - DD100 (P :)), DSE141 (D :j), DSE212 (P :)), ED209 (02/12), DXR222 (07/12) SD226 (02/13)
  • kalojac
    kalojac Posts: 423
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Hi Pink Winged

Can I join please, since I am half way through my financial month can I please be put down for £150 for 2 adults, 3 kids til 30th March, thanks
  • elfen
    elfen Posts: 10,213 Forumite
    Need to add a 24.27 spend to my list, have now got food for the week...Still have 65 of my budget left with half a month to go!
    ** Total debt: £6950.82 ± May NSDs 1/10 **
    ** Fat Bum Shrinking: -7/56lbs **
    **SPC 2012 #1498 -£152 and 1499 ***
    I do it all because I'm scared.
  • mummyjane
    mummyjane Posts: 391
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Spent £1.65 today as we are rapidly running out of fruit. Bought some kiwis and some bananas which should keep us going until Tuesday when I have a small mr T shop coming. Off to update signature now.
    GC 2023 June £72/500 NSDs 1/10
  • scotsaver
    scotsaver Posts: 824 Forumite
    Updated my total with spends from Friday, only £40 left and 13 days to go but meal planned for the next week, ok for Bread flour, milk, fruit and veg so fingers crossed this is still do-able.:o

angelatgraceland - that's good news. spiggle - thinking positive thoughts for you now.;)

Dinner tonight is Roast Lamb and all the trimmings.

Rolls, bread, boodles biscuits and fairy cakes made for this weeks lunchboxes.

Enjoy the rest of the day everyone.:D
    "WASTE NOT, WANT NOT!"
    GC for OH, myself, DD18 & DD16 includes Toiletries, cleaning stuff & Food.

• fedupandskint
    fedupandskint Posts: 10,358
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    NSD today and batch cooked a lamb curry to freeze and a beef and mushroom pie filling for tea. Should be ok this week foodwise but will need some dog food later on this week and stock up with some biscuits for him too.
    final unsecured debt to repay currently £8333
    Proud to be Dealing With my Debt
    DFW Nerd 1154 Long Haul 155
  • Kitchenbunny
    Kitchenbunny Posts: 2,085
    Photogenic Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    edited 14 March 2011 at 8:31AM
    An NSD for me today! The coconut tarts I made yesterday have all gone (yep, they were that good) so I am probably going to make another batch of those this evening while the lamb breast cooks. We will need some fruit and veg tomorrow, as well as some cleaning stuff from Wilkos. Just thought I'd share the stuffing recipe I've used to stuff the lamb breast as it smells gorgeous. Will let you know how it tastes!

4 slices bread, blitzed in a processor
    zest of 1 lemon, with the juice of half of it
    Glug of milk
    1 dessertspoon dried mixed herbs

Mix everything together and spread out on the meaty side of a lamb breast. Roll it up and secure (I've used cocktail sticks). I'll let you know how I get on with it. It's on a little metal trivet to go in the oven so it doesn't sit in the fat as it roasts. :)

Have a good evening, everyone.

KB xx
    Trying for daily wins, and a little security in an insecure world.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure