June 2010 Grocery Challenge

Comments

• rentawitch
    rentawitch Posts: 123 Forumite
    @felinefantastic
    breadmaker bread is usually lovely BUT it goes stale VERY quickly!
    Be ready to eat it up fast :)
    Sealed Pot challenge 3 - #969
    20ps and £2 coins and other bits.

July grocery challenge £167.40/£175

NSD challenge July 9/10
  • guccigoo
    guccigoo Posts: 483 Forumite
    felinefantastic...... i bought hovis bread mix as i used it for the first time, really delicious, its 89p from mr s but still cheaper than a loaf u buy. Im going to be trying the recipes in the booklet that came with the BM so will nedd to buy bread flour etc. Just hope they come out as good :)
    I will lose 2 stone by this summer!!!!!!
  • rentawitch wrote: »
    @felinefantastic
    breadmaker bread is usually lovely BUT it goes stale VERY quickly!
    Be ready to eat it up fast :)

That's why I can't buy a breadmaker or else I would look like I was on It's a Knockout!
    Jane

ENDIS. Employed, no disposable income or savings!
  • catznine
    catznine Posts: 3,192
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    Emzy81 wrote: »
    Sounds like you have things sorted, didn't realise you can freeze banana's im just about to chuck some away, they are well past the ok to eat phase :o I need to keep on top of things and not waste them.
    When you freeze banana's how long after buying them do you do it?

Soon as they go very brown and are def well past eating! I just freeze them in their skins. Take them out the freezer about 1/2 an hour before you need them, cut the end off with scissors and then squish into the cake mix! Also great processed with some orange juice for a lovely smoothie!:)
    Our days are happier when we give people a bit of our heart rather than a piece of our mind.

Jan grocery challenge £35.77/£120
  • wssla00
    wssla00 Posts: 1,875 Forumite
    Hello all :) a NSD day today and back to work tomorrow so will need to make me a lunch soon! Have a good day!
    Feb GC: £200 Spent: £190.79
  • catznine
    catznine Posts: 3,192
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    edited 8 June 2010 at 5:16PM
    pipersky wrote: »
    Sorry if this is cheeky but I would love the recipe you use for choc banana muffins please :D I always freeze bananas and currently only make banana bread with them but would love a chocolatey change :T

lol not cheeky at all! :) Actually I use my banana bread recipe but bake mix in muffin cases, works well! I just added a good tablespoon of cocoa to the mixture!
    Here is the recipe:-
    Banana bread
    (great for using up those over ripe bananas)

3 very ripe bananas (almost walking) or use defrosted frozen bananas!
    pinch of salt (I don’t add this)
    6oz melted butter
    1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda dissolved in 1 tablespoon water
    6 oz caster sugar
    1 egg
    9 - 10 oz plain flour

Smash bananas (food processor is great for this recipe).

Add remaining ingredients, mix together. Pour into 2 greased or paper lined 1lb loaf tins or 1 lined 2lb tin.

Bake in moderate oven (180C/350F/Gas mark 4) for 45 minutes. Will also make as muffins, freezes well and is lovely sliced, toasted & dripping with melted butter. A good tablespoon of cocoa to the mix makes a lovely change!
    Our days are happier when we give people a bit of our heart rather than a piece of our mind.

Jan grocery challenge £35.77/£120
  • Sunnyday
    Sunnyday Posts: 3,855
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    The instructions / recipe booklets are available on the panny website - free to download for anyone wanting breadmaker recipes.

Mine doesn`t usually last too long but slice it and freeze it if you think it may go stale and just take out how many slices that you need from the freezer - keeps ages :D

Must dash.

HTH

SD
    Planning on starting the GC again soon :p
  • Lindy_-_Loo
    Lindy_-_Loo Posts: 802
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Spent again today £4.07 in farmfoods. Bread, milk, apple juice and 3 bottles of cordial
    Mum, wife and dinnerlady!
  • franby64
    franby64 Posts: 944
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Forumite
    edited 8 June 2010 at 6:55PM
    Evening all

Got this week's A*da delivery today and also spent about £10 at the local shops to try and set us up for the week.

My total is up to £204.15 leaving me £15.85 until next Wednesday. I've tried to think of everything and am wondering what it is that I'll run out of first - what's going to get me!?
    Anyway - hoping for at least a couple of NSD's - I've just hidden half a packet of chocolate biscuits so some will be left for tomorrow! Getting devious!
    August Shopping Challenge. 26/8. Budget £250 Spent £256.81.. £6.81 over. So £0.00 a day left.
  • becky170
    becky170 Posts: 857
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Just got back off holiday (was being fed by my mum and dad :) ) and had my first spend of the month yesterday. So far spent £43.89 out of my £130 budget. Going to have to come in on target this month as I've got to pay for lots of dental work this month :(
    Mortgage-free wannabe #66 £105/4000
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport