June 2010 Grocery Challenge

Comments

• Afternoon All!

Hi Rentawitch :jcome and join the fun!!

Flat Eric- not sure that quark would make the mix frothy ( i use mine well after the use by date!)- could just be that you mixed it with a mixer?? I usually just mix it all together by hand! Have you cooked it yet? I bet it will be fine:)

NSD today *whoop whoop* Will update sig in a mo. Didn't manage it yesterday as walked to the health food shop *tut- no willpower*

Hoping to not need to shop until next week now tho- apart from snacks for multiple trips to surrey over the weekend to retrieve Uni boys stuff- use my Mr T vouchers for that *fingers crossed*

Off for second free dance lesson this week in a mo-- I lurve the free word:rotfl:

Have a great rest of the day everyone!
    June Budget= £151.41/£150:cool:
    10 NSDs (with teenagers :eek:!!)= 8
    Reduced my overdraft a little today- slow but sure!:A
  • MRSMCAWBER
    MRSMCAWBER Posts: 5,442 Forumite
    Afternoon all

Herbaholic the patties recipe is in the SW simply summer book and here it is in case you don't have it..

Indian curried pork patties recipe
    serves 4
    free on EE or original and 14syns on green
    • 1 red chilli -deseeded and chopped
    • 4 spring onions -sliced
    • 2 cloves garlic -crushed
    • 908g/2lb lean minced pork
    • 2tsp ground cumin
    • 2tsp ground coriander
    • 1tsp ground ginger
    • 3tbs fresh coriander -chopped ...I miss this out
    • 57g/2oz natural yogurt
    • grated zest 1 lime -I don't use this either :p
    • seasoning
    • low cal spray -i don't use this either :D
    You will like this method ....
    whack it all in a bowl and squish until combined .... tada....:rotfl:

cover and chill for at least 30 mins
    • shape into 8 patties and chill until required
    Now then -the book says spray with oil and grill for 5-6 mins on each side.....
    I just drop them into a hot non stick frying pan to colour both sides and then transfer to a rack and bake in the oven --- I think the grill would be to quick to cook them through without charring the outsides ;)
    Also -the recipe is for 4 people ..I do half the mix for us to and make 6 patties and have 2 each (I did the 1/2 mix between us the first time and it was to much :D
    here is what they looked like the 1st time I made them...with sauted potatoes n onions and salad mmmmmmmm
    ooohh and I think they are nicer re-heated the day after :p
    swindianpatties.th.jpg
    Hope you like them
    -6 -8 -3 -1.5 -2.5 -3 -1.5-3.5
  • recovering_spendaholic
    recovering_spendaholic Posts: 3,062 Forumite
    edited 4 June 2010 at 3:49PM
    I just got back from taking DD2 out for the day. We went shopping as she had some birthday money which was burning a hole in her pocket! I got £9 back from returned gammon in Costco, so we had our lunch there which cost £4, so £5 credit still;) Then we went to Birkenhead to see my friend, which meant £2.80 tunnel fees and when I was there I bought toilet rolls, barm cakes and Country life on offer (Country life spreadable was £1 for 500g). Spent £6.36 in there and car park was £1 so total spend was £5.16:j Then we went to Boots and I bought ST's and some other toiletries and a present for ex OH's girlfriend's birthday all with some of my points so no spend there, and finally finished off in Tesco Home where I got a card and giftwrap for £3.00. Total spend was therefore £8.16 for the day. That is a major achievement for me as I am the world's worst impulse buyer! I did buy some T shirts for DD2 in TEsco but that was out of clothes budget so doesn't count;)

I am using the last of my large chicken for tea, and have some prawns defrosting so will do a large salad and have it with some jersey royals:drool:

Hope you have all had a good day!
    Jane

ENDIS. Employed, no disposable income or savings!
  • wssla00
    wssla00 Posts: 1,875 Forumite
    A NSD today whoopie! Going to have a chow mein tonight. I'm so hungry I can taste it already! :)
    Feb GC: £200 Spent: £190.79
  • cookie9
    cookie9 Posts: 764
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    edited 4 June 2010 at 4:32PM
    A few more bits and peices in Mr T - am going to a bbq tomorrow so making watermelon, feata nd olive salad to take with me. Treated myself to some smoked salmon as have made my chicken stretch out over last few days. Some leftovers tonight will be made into chicken and sweetcorn pancakes and the rest is in the slowcooker for chicken, sweetcorn and noodle soup. Spent £12.63
    MFW 91 op 2014 £410/1000
    MFW 91 op 2015 £4051/4000
    MFW 91 op 2016 £4040/4000
    MFW 91 op 2017 £812/4500
  • Herbaholic
    Herbaholic Posts: 304
    Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    MRSMCAWBER wrote: »
    Indian curried pork patties recipe
    serves 4
    free on EE or original and 14syns on green
    • 1 red chilli -deseeded and chopped
    • 4 spring onions -sliced
    • 2 cloves garlic -crushed
    • 908g/2lb lean minced pork
    • 2tsp ground cumin
    • 2tsp ground coriander
    • 1tsp ground ginger
    • 3tbs fresh coriander -chopped ...I miss this out
    • 57g/2oz natural yogurt
    • grated zest 1 lime -I don't use this either :p
    • seasoning
    • low cal spray -i don't use this either :D
    You will like this method ....
    whack it all in a bowl and squish until combined .... tada....:rotfl:

Many thanks Mrs Mc :) Love the method, I'd miss out the fresh coriander as I hate it, not living up to my name I know but some things are just yukky. I need a chilli and some more natural yogurt, DH finished what we had this morning, shall pick them up on Sunday when we go to A*di and we'll have them next, will adjust my meal plan now.

Herby x
    NSD Challenge 2010:Jul 12/12 ;); Jun 21/14 :T; May : 6/6 :D
    GC 2010: Jul £134.03/£150.00 :cool:; Jun £278.86/£275.00 :mad:; May £276.13/£280.00 :T
  • Zend
    Zend Posts: 166 Forumite
    First shop of the month yesterday. I spent £80 but managed to buy so much for that, hopefully will only need to buy essentials for the rest of the month. NSD day for me today. May go to a local farm tomorrow where they are opening a new farm shop and giving a talk on what to do with cheaper cuts of meat. A free day and lots of free food to try. My idea of heaven:j.
    January spend = £100
    Spent =
    saving =
  • winterfrost
    winterfrost Posts: 95 Forumite
    Into the second week now! (My GC weeks start on Fridays.) So far I'm £4.88 up! Will try to be good this week as well.
    GC: December: £145?/£120; January: £125.70/£120; February: £163.22/£120; March £113.94/£120; April £DOOM; May £Gave up; June £DOOM; July £160.78/£108; August £7.65/£200
    Sealed Pot Challenge 2010: member 780
  • freakyogre
    freakyogre Posts: 1,465 Forumite
    45p spent on a packet of Fruit Pastilles at work yesterday

£3.51 spent in Tesco today on wraps (BOGOF), a bag of peas and a bag of chilli Kettle Chips. I couldn't resist the crisps as were on offer for £1 and they're my favourite, well they were, but I have a feeling they've changed the recipe as they don't taste as nice and have a funny smell :( Oh well, that will save me money in the future!
    Grocery challenge - Nov: £52/£100
  • Spiggle
    Spiggle Posts: 1,787
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Hi All,

Just popped on to update my siggy. NSD yesterday and today so very pleased with that.

Welcome all the newbies, you'll love it on here.

I don't normally work Fridays so today has been a busy home day, doing the washing, weeding, pruning, etc in the garden. And finally filled in the form for my Jury Summons so hopefully I won't get a humungous fine!

Oh and I'm so chuffed I managed to put my wizbang hose thingy together which is going to save my poor knee and shoulder which are starting to scream 'Not at your age!' due to the vast amount of watering needed with all the veggie pots.

Off to have a quiet sit for 10 mins on the patio.

Speak with you tomorrow,
    Spigs
    Mortgage Free October 2013 :T
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills