clubseasons - seasonsholidays.com warning

Options
An unbelievable 'prize' worth £3750 from competition on Get me a Ticket. Ring freephone number but as always there is a catch. Turns out to be a timeshare that you have to put £252.75 (discounted price) holding fee up front - I don't think so!! Anything that you have to pay first I do not trust so refused to go any further. They insist that they are sending confirmation in the post - should be interesting as I have refused the offer

Comments

• mpython
    mpython Posts: 3,677 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    There's at least 5 threads on this swizze in the Competitions board.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=173789&page=5

Let us know if they continue to pester you. if you want to get rid of them, tell them you're really grateful you've won the prize as you've just been made redundant & your OH has left you! They're not interested in you unless you're married & earn money.
    From MSE Martin - Some General Tips On Holiday Home Organisations and Sales Meetings

DO NOT TOUCH ANY OF THEM WITH A BARGEPOLE!
  • angiegofton
    Options
    i too recieved this last week, it came by recorded delivery, was told the £275 was maintence fees.
    checked out thier site, which seems legit,
    was told on phone, 1st year of membership could have the 1 week any where at their uk/irland sites, 2nd year could hve the 1 week worldwide.
    also if i accepteed "the win" would recieve 2 vip passes for sandown races in dec.
    true this is timeshare, dont think we will take up offer though,:confused:
  • maxibabi
    Options
    hey all
    received letter from above scam today, automatically thought it was a scam but because it came by recorded delivery i was a little curious, as the letter was for my husband i phoned him and told him he had won !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :think:
    he thought it was a scam also
    he was gonna phone the woman and let me know what it was all about
    in the meantime i thought i would check out their website and i was so glad i did
    after reading your posts i told him not to do anything but he already phoned them
    it went straight onto an answering service saying they were gonna call back l8r
    we'll see!!
    i dont normally fall for scams but it just shows that just because how the letter was sent, it dosnt mean its any more ligit

thankgod for this site

hope noone has actually fell for this

max
    xx
  • aytch
    aytch Posts: 1,721 Forumite
    Options
    maxibabi wrote: »
    hey all
    received letter from above scam today, automatically thought it was a scam but because it came by recorded delivery i was a little curious, as the letter was for my husband i phoned him and told him he had won !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :think:
    he thought it was a scam also
    he was gonna phone the woman and let me know what it was all about
    in the meantime i thought i would check out their website and i was so glad i did
    after reading your posts i told him not to do anything but he already phoned them
    it went straight onto an answering service saying they were gonna call back l8r
    we'll see!!
    i dont normally fall for scams but it just shows that just because how the letter was sent, it dosnt mean its any more ligit

thankgod for this site

hope noone has actually fell for this

max
    xx

I had the email version of this scam - thanks for posting on this thread, thought it must be a scam!
    DEBT FREE since 2011
    Retiring to Spain has changed my world

:beer:
  • caerkev
    Options
    just recieved this letter this morning,after looking into this on here feel realy annoyed that my post man has knocked me up out of bed after a 12 hour night shift for a pile of rubbish,
    thank god for sites like this
  • skylight
    skylight Posts: 10,716 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    Just bumping this - for those that google seasonsholidays and need the help!

My Dad received one of these today. But to my address! He does not live here and never has, this is used solely as a postal address for him - which I am glad about.

It claims he has won an internet prize draw. Firstly he has never entered an online competition ever, and secondly would certainly never use this address either! Sadly, he has suddenly started to receive lots of mail to my place lately, from those that like to target the elderly (mind you, he is only mid 50s!), stairlifts, beds, tarot readers (!!??)

The letter has arrived as a recorded delivery, and I knew better so should have just refused it (but I didn't). It looks legitimate and professional which is the whole point of trying to drag you into their scam.

Just be aware.
  • nuttywoman
    nuttywoman Posts: 2,203 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I got the letter too, wonder if they`ll just post my cheque off to me & deduct the money they`re asking for! lol
  • annie1red
    Options
    Wish I had read this thread first. Received letter this morning by recorded delivery and yep wanted money for timeshare even though letter stated I had WON mmoney. Phoned them and asked to send out info.Doubtful if anything arrives
  • lemonjuice
    Options
    :rotfl: I entered a prize draw in August for a free holiday and am most annoyed at what amounts to aggressive marketing at best but still a scam and got the recorded delivery letter, which gave an air of authenticity. I asked for more details and a week later received their brochure which was not very informative. Inadequate info about location, facilities, etc, and you have to give 3 choices of date and place.

I was tempted by the money back guarantee but was not convinced. I didn't reply to activate within the 2 weeks and was emailed to say the deadline was extended by another week, which I again missed. A week later I received another letter, this time not recorded, reducing the fee to £183. Maybe if I wait long enough I will actually get a free holiday! Then I wouldn't mind trying it. :j
  • DoshHound
    Options
    Thanks Martin, for this wonderful site, and all teh good folks who have taken time to warn others about this sneaky scheme. It has saved me from phoning the company and, after listening to the waffle/scam, telling the company where to put its timeshare fiddle.
    So disappointing as, due to accidents and illness, we didn't get a holiday this year. The Recorded Delivery catch is a new angle that I will avoid in future (and refuse to sign for such envelopes.) Keep posting on here!
    Alan :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport