🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Anyone got their "IB50 - Incapacity for work questionnaire form"?

Options
Got mine today..... Talks about my ability to do some sort of work. Give me just 21 days to complete where I also need to obtain a letter based on an assessment from my doctor who fills in form MED4.

You will need to fill this questionnaire in if you recieve DLA, incapacity, housing benefit, income support, council tax releif.

I get incapacity and DLA.
“…the ‘insatiability doctrine – we spend money we don’t have, on things we don’t need, to make impressions that don’t last, on people we don’t care about.” Professor Tim Jackson

“The best things in life is not things"

Comments

• Chrysalis
    Chrysalis Posts: 4,185 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    you can send it off without a med4 and tick box will send med4 later.
  • saintjanet
    Options
    The ib50 is sent to people who are recieving incapacity benefit.You can make an appointment with your doctor to obtain a med4,they will fill it in while you are there.Although you do not need to return it at the same time,its best you do.

Be prepared for a long wait between returning the ib50 and being sent for a medical,if you are sent for one.The DWP can make a decision based on the information you supply on the form.

You can get help filling in the ib50,from CAB or from your local welfare rights centre.
    :) There are two sides to every story.
    I am not a SAINT just a saints supporter(saints RLFC)Grand final winners 2006.World club champions 2007.
  • seven-day-weekend
    Options
    My husband has been waiting over two months to hear the result of his IB50.

Just checked....last time it was FOUR months from sending back the IB50 to having his medical, and then another six weeks before he heard he had passed the medical.

At least they keep paying the benefit!
    (AKA HRH_MUngo)
    Member #10 of £2 savers club
    Imagine someone holding forth on biology whose only knowledge of the subject is the Book of British Birds, and you have a rough idea of what it feels like to read Richard Dawkins on theology: Terry Eagleton
  • hjb123
    hjb123 Posts: 32,002 Forumite
    Options
    Last year when I sent in my IB50 it was about 4 weeks til I heard from them to arrange the medical for a fortnights time.

This year I have received my IB50 last week and have just over 2 weeks more til it needs to be in - and this time I will get help filling it in as I made such a hash of it last time!
    Weight Loss - 102lb
  • Bagpuss741
    Bagpuss741 Posts: 2,290 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I sent off my ib50 form in August and have just heard that I now have to go for a medical next saturday:eek: I really scared that I'm going to answer the questions in the wrong way, for example if they ask me if I can walk, well yes I can but I'm in agony and have to have my mother with me in case my knee gives in. My problem is that my knee does not track properly so it dislocates when I walk, I also have Epstein Barr which is the virus that causes ME and Glandular fever so just getting out of bed is a major achivement.
    Tesco: £1361.19, Vanquis: £2644.73, Very: £563.08, Next: £1636.95, M&S: £1049.92. As of 5th February 2024. Slava Ukraini
  • hjb123
    Options
    Just answer the questions honestly and for a 'bad day'. If you can take someone with you do so - they can be there for moral support and may be able to mention things that you forget - or they could just wait in the waiting room while you are in

I am sure you will be fine, its the thought of it that is the worst but once its over with you will feel relief!

Good Luck with it - Im also expecting a call to go for a medical any time, my IB50 was sent off a couple of weeks ago so I guess I will have a few more weeks yet
    Weight Loss - 102lb
  • Bagpuss741
    Bagpuss741 Posts: 2,290 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Thanks Helen, It does say on the letter they sent me that I can take someone with me, so I'm taking my mother with me as when the "brain fog" decends I forget everything:o
    Tesco: £1361.19, Vanquis: £2644.73, Very: £563.08, Next: £1636.95, M&S: £1049.92. As of 5th February 2024. Slava Ukraini
  • Gareth56
    Gareth56 Posts: 915 Forumite
    Options
    Please be advised that IB50s are sometimes sent out in error. If you believe that you are in an exempt group then I would strongly suggest that you challange the reason for sending you an IB50 to fill out.
  • hjb123
    Options
    Bagpuss741 wrote:
    Thanks Helen, It does say on the letter they sent me that I can take someone with me, so I'm taking my mother with me as when the "brain fog" decends I forget everything:o

I can totally understand and sympathise with you - having ME/CFS myself I know how it can be hard just to do the simplest things and how some things wipe you out for days on end.

Good Luck with it anyway
    Weight Loss - 102lb
  • mjaywhy
    mjaywhy Posts: 18 Forumite
    Options
    hi can totally understand i have me/fcs too

i have just sentoff my ICB forms waitin to hear from them.
    Last year i ah t go to a medical. i did what was suggested be honest but as if it were a bad day

good luck with it

mandy:rolleyes2
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 10 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills