share dealing with www.x-o.co.uk

Options
Has anyone been dealing with http://www.x-o.co.uk/ for share dealing?
They seem to be the cheapest out there (only 5.95quid per dealing) but when I googled x-o.co.uk I couldn't really find much information.

Anyway can recommend them?

cheers.

Comments

• Reaper
    Reaper Posts: 7,283 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    I hadn't heard of them but they do sound extremely cheap. I notice their ISA costs nothing to open and there are no annual charges, though note that closing it costs £50.
    Other charges here.

Must say I'm tempted. I look into it more later.
  • gt94sss2
    gt94sss2 Posts: 5,640 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    edited 6 December 2009 at 11:40PM
    Options
    From their website:
    X-O.co.uk is a trading name of Jarvis Investment Management plc (Jarvis)
    I believe Jarvis have been around for a while and are quite well regarded - will have to look into them further.. though I notice the fee is 5.95+ VAT

Regards
    Sunil
  • Basia02
    Options
    I have been trying for 2 weeks to open an account on o-x jarvis and have had nothing but problems. Initially I kept getting re-directed during the sign in process and ended up at a non-secure page. Trying to pay money in both my debit card number and password were at various stages declared invalid. This prompted me to think this to be an attempt to get my card number etc. An email to them got a prompt response and a request for further information, screen shots etc. I never got a reply to these emails. No money has to date been taken from my account however. A few days later, and I got into my account without re-direction, and paid in some money to check the process worked. Same card etc and it all worked fine. Today I tried to use the account - I cannot access the website - even via Google. They were recommended to me by a friend who is an infrequent trader. I however trade nearly every day, and I am afraid to date have had a terrible experience. Perhaps i am just unlucky, but I am now going elsewhere, and will attempt to get my money out.
    Regards
    Ian
  • tradetime
    tradetime Posts: 3,200 Forumite
    Options
    If you trade everyday, that would in my book make you a frequent trader. Why don't you try a proper broker such as Interactive Brokers.
    Hope for the best.....Plan for the worst!

"Never in the history of the world has there been a situation so bad that the government can't make it worse." Unknown
  • adamt
    adamt Posts: 199 Forumite
    Options
    I signed up with X-O last week as its only £5.95 per trade,

But, there is a 0.1% admin charge per trade, so on a £1000 investment, thats £1 extra - it is £1 max though.
    Plus, they dont offer stop losses that roll over, meaning you will have to open a new stop loss each morning if you want to keep one on your trade.

If you want to withdraw money from your XO account, you have to email customer service and wait for their reply confirming.

Which to me is a pain, so im sticking with Interactive.Investor , its more easy to trade.
    And im not a regular trader either.
  • Soonix_2
    Options
    I think you have got confused Adamt. I have been an X-O client for a few weeks now and traded over 50 times. The is no 0.1% admin fee as you suggest - its only a fixed rate of £5.95 (plus stamp and ptm of course). I applied online and had confirmation that my account was open within minutes. Personally I think its a great service - the only draw back is I cant trade international or funds but to be fair, they never said they could do that and I dont trade them often anyway.
  • lesliedai
    Options
    Hi Ian

Maybe you had problems because it is x-o and not o-x? I've just started using it, but if there are problems I'll report back... (touch wood)
    Basia02 wrote: »
    I have been trying for 2 weeks to open an account on o-x jarvis and have had nothing but problems. Initially I kept getting re-directed during the sign in process and ended up at a non-secure page. Trying to pay money in both my debit card number and password were at various stages declared invalid. This prompted me to think this to be an attempt to get my card number etc. An email to them got a prompt response and a request for further information, screen shots etc. I never got a reply to these emails. No money has to date been taken from my account however. A few days later, and I got into my account without re-direction, and paid in some money to check the process worked. Same card etc and it all worked fine. Today I tried to use the account - I cannot access the website - even via Google. They were recommended to me by a friend who is an infrequent trader. I however trade nearly every day, and I am afraid to date have had a terrible experience. Perhaps i am just unlucky, but I am now going elsewhere, and will attempt to get my money out.
    Regards
    Ian
  • I was going to sign up for this company, but when going to the registration page and entering my details, I found they have mistakes on the page ie. after putting in the post code, then the house number, it came back with another page in order to carry on entering info. the mistake is in this page. it says....
    Tick if you have you been at this address for less than one year?

At this stage i quit as sites should not have mistakes such as this.

what do people think?

Regards.
    Phil
  • I emailed the site X-O concerning this error and they replied very quickly. They were not aware of the error, but are now working on a fix for the errors I reported.
    Phil
  • El_Hadji84
    Options
    They are the cheapest broker in terms of dealing commission, but after researching for myself, I found that the (not so well publicised) ISA closure fee of £50 means that anyone wanting to make an investment into an ISA at any point in the future would have to pay £50 at the end of it.

Dave
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport