Daytime Call Package

Options
ioscorpio
ioscorpio Posts: 2,360 Forumite
First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
I've been offered a self employed job, so if I take it I would need a daytime package, I currently use 18185 and Primus Option 2 and 0844calls etc for international calls and Eclipse Internet broadband £14.99
I've had a look around and found
TalkTalk £9.99 sign up for BB @ 18 months or £8.99 phone only
Primus Option 3 £8.49
Tiscali £7.99 or £19.99 with broadband
Telecom Plus £19.95 for 6 months inc broadband then £22.99
Euphony £7.25
Eclipse £5.99

I could also go down the VOIP route but calls limited to 300 mins per week

Comments

• Heinz
    Heinz Posts: 11,191 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    Keep Primus Saver Option 2 CPS - free evening and weekend UK 01/02 calls.

Use 18185 for cheaper weekend calls to mobiles and weekday calls to 0870 numbers if you can't find a geograpoghical equivalent number.

Then sign up for www.1899.co.uk - for 3p per call [regardless of duration] weekday daytime calls to UK 01/02 numbers.
    Time has moved on (much quicker than it used to - or so it seems at my age) and my previous advice on residential telephony has been or is now gradually being overtaken by changes in the retail market. Hence, I have now deleted links to my previous 'pearls of wisdom'. I sincerely hope they helped save some of you money.
  • ioscorpio
    Options
    That would only give me 200 calls per month on 1899 and I can't register for that as it keeps rejecting my application and I would only get 150 calls a month on 18185, compared to Eclipse for £5.99.

As I previously said I would be working from home, so that's why I would need a daytime package.
  • ahrimaniac
    ahrimaniac Posts: 714 Forumite
    Options
    The BT option:

£25.50 a month - all of your calls free, anywhere in the UK, to any landline.

Reliable, but not the cheapest.
    Comping wins this month: 2 x business class flights anywhere we like | Horse vitamins (!) | New kettle | Motorcycling prints | Signed LPs | Thanks to all!
  • mobilegossip
    mobilegossip Posts: 1,163 Forumite
    Options
    iomexico wrote:
    That would only give me 200 calls per month on 1899 and I can't register for that as it keeps rejecting my application and I would only get 150 calls a month on 18185, compared to Eclipse for £5.99.

As I previously said I would be working from home, so that's why I would need a daytime package.

Can you post a link for Eclipse please.
  • ioscorpio
    Options
    mobilegossip
    http://www.eclipse.net.uk/

macminiuser
    which company is it?
  • Heinz
    Options
    Why doesn't the (free) Primus Saver Option 2 come up as an option when I enter my 'weekend and evening calls' requirement?

Why are the only options offered (a few of) the ones for which a monthly subscription is payable?
    Time has moved on (much quicker than it used to - or so it seems at my age) and my previous advice on residential telephony has been or is now gradually being overtaken by changes in the retail market. Hence, I have now deleted links to my previous 'pearls of wisdom'. I sincerely hope they helped save some of you money.
  • macminiuser
    macminiuser Posts: 127 Forumite
    Options
    Heinz - I guess they haven't got primus on their database; might be worth giving them the heads up. I hadn't even tried their evening and weekend comparison cos we were discussing anytime uk calls.

Although, when I looked at the http://www.planet-talk.co.uk/ website, I couldn't find this Saver Option 2 that everyone raves about either - only Anyphone Saver, Home Phone Saver, Mobile Saver and Planet Talk Select. Is it a special offer for moneysavingexpert readers or am I being especially dense?
    Fasthosts ruined my life
  • Heinz
    Options
    Heinz - I guess they haven't got primus on their database; might be worth giving them the heads up.
    Perhaps you'd better.
    Although, when I looked at the http://www.planet-talk.co.uk/ website, I couldn't find this Saver Option 2 that everyone raves about either - only Anyphone Saver, Home Phone Saver, Mobile Saver and Planet Talk Select. Is it a special offer for moneysavingexpert readers or am I being especially dense?
    You just missed the link from Martin's article.
  • macminiuser
    macminiuser Posts: 127 Forumite
    Options
    Oh right - thanks for the link. Why is this product not easily available to all customers new and existing, direct from the homepage, instead of through a back door link?

As for homephonechoices, I don't know what their policy is for adding telcos to their database - clearly they're missing a trick with the Primus tariff; it's excellent, but maybe they have a policy whereby they only advertise published tariffs for the General Public, not cheeky 'only available to those in the know' special offers?

I doubt they'd listen to just one man - perhaps if your good self and a few others, as well as myself, got in touch with them, they'd be more likely to add Primus (and do it more quickly).
    Fasthosts ruined my life
  • Heinz
    Options
    It comes up as a recommendation on the uswitch.com comparison website!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure