We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Da Bird is Da Best

Options
Finally, due to the postal strike, I got my "Da Bird" through today. I was quite dubious as to whether our cat Charlie would like it because he hardly moves for much else, but I needn't have worried!

I've never seen him move so much! We must have played with him for about half an hour - we were more tired than he was! And we felt so sorry for him after we put it away because he was looking for it and miaowing at us as if asking where we had put it :rotfl:

So I think we have a winner on our hands here, and it will help us get Charlie into a trimmer looking cat!

Thanks to all who recommended it to me in the first place :D

Comments

• child359
    child359 Posts: 3,234 Forumite
    Options
    Its brilliantisn't it. I have never seen my two jump so high as when they are jumping for Da Bird.

Also a firm favourite in our house is the Da Bird attachment!!! Pants actually prefers this one to Da Bird!! Socks prefers Da Bird

We have just finished playing with our Da Bird tonight and I have now got two very tired !!!!!cats!! :D

The only "problem" is if they know where it has been put away they will sit at that particular door/cupboard and miaow for it:rotfl:

In fact mine now know what time of day we play with it usually so as soon as I go near my wardrobe anytime after 8pm then I have two very close followers who are miaowing:rotfl:
    Eleventh Heaven No 160
    1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
    Started comping Oct 10:- £20 Walkers win.; sat nav; bag of skittles. Nov:- Cushelle Koala, Butterfly earrings, Dec:- £10 Sports Direct gift voucher
    Jan 11:- case of GU naughties, £20 ASOS voucher.
  • mellymeep
    Options
    I think I'm definitely going to have to get Lily one!

Although she needs no encouragement to play, I know she will go absolutely crazy over it. (She's currently playing with a paper carrier bag I brought home from work today haha... small things)
    trying to become a moneysaving student
  • lowis
    lowis Posts: 1,952 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    my 14 and 15 year olds revert to kittens when i get their Bird out! well, when Timmy can actually see it through his cataracts he does :) xxx
  • Fire_Fox
    Fire_Fox Posts: 26,026 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    So pleased it's done the trick! :T Do post on Purrs that your Charlie is enjoying the toy, Tan will be delighted as she does it all for the love of cats not money.
    Declutterbug-in-progress.⭐️⭐️⭐️ ⭐️⭐️
  • Fivefootsix
    Options
    I've ordered one tonight, really hope it doesn't take too long to come as I've read so many good things about it. My kitten is currently obsessed with chasing a laser pen so I know he will love Da bird.
  • Lilith1980
    Lilith1980 Posts: 2,100 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    It says on the packaging about not leaving it out otherwise your cat will "love it to bits" and we left ours on the floor with Charlie for a bit so he could enjoy his "kill" and was forever chewing it and pushing it around.

When we were playing with him and he'd catch it, he would put it in his mouth and trot off with it as if taking it to a quiet place to "dispense" with it :rotfl:

I will definitely post on Purrs, thanks Fire Fox :)
  • spookylukey
    Options
    Lilith1980 wrote: »
    When we were playing with him and he'd catch it, he would put it in his mouth and trot off with it as if taking it to a quiet place to "dispense" with it :rotfl:

I will definitely post on Purrs, thanks Fire Fox :)

If you want to reward Charlie for all his exercise by letting him 'dispense' his prey you could get him a Kitty Kopter - it's basically a Da Bird but with a pom pom on the end so it spins through the air. "Toss the KITTY KOPTER to your cats at the end of a play session with DaBird Feather Wand Toy, so they have a "prize" to capture and carry off."

They're also available from the Purrs shop - 100% of profit goes to cat rescue :)

http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/catalog/
  • paddypaws101
    Options
    Pants and socks!! That cracks me up.
    Lillith I am glad da bird lived up to its reputation. For anyone else planning to buy one....get a spare feather attachment at the same time as the first order as they do get torn to pieces pretty quickly!
  • BitterAndTwisted
    Options
    Da Bird was the best money I've ever spent on a toy for my darling Stanley: he goes absolutely mental when it comes out for a play!
  • Fire_Fox
    Fire_Fox Posts: 26,026 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    A message from one of the lovely Purrs ladies:

"Fire Fox - could I ask you to post on that thread emphasizing how important it is not to leave Da Bird unattended for even a minute? I'd do it myself but don't have a working computer at home now so can only dash on during lunchtime at work (so not time to register elsewhere etc.). The reason I mention it is because I left one lying on the floor for a few minutes during a pause in a Da Bird session (and thinking I knew where my cat was).

Unfortunately Mosi found it and chewed through the thread extremely quickly. He had to have an emergency (and costly) operation at the vets as a result, to make sure there was no thread inside him. The thread is so thin that they can chew threw it very quickly. I always try to take the opportunity to emphasize to everyone not to let their cats play with it unattended for that reason. Thanks." :eek:
    Declutterbug-in-progress.⭐️⭐️⭐️ ⭐️⭐️
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family