DMP Mutual Support Thread (Part 5)

Options

Comments

• ianmak
    ianmak Posts: 1,125 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    boot13t wrote: »
    5-0 and good night :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:

Sod the debt for tonight........:D :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Please don't mention the Chelsea result, got that to watch in a mo after watching my local team get a lucky injury time winner!
    DMP mutual support thread No: 243
  • ianmak
    ianmak Posts: 1,125 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Three of my debts are with RBOS (Halifax, Sainsburys, IF) and although they rang (alot) they got the message, we happy to hold off the calls for a while, accepted payments and stopped interest, and I think most have defaulted.
    DMP mutual support thread No: 243
  • ad1jnl
    ad1jnl Posts: 111 Forumite
    Options
    Cut up the A&L debit card and have my last £10/£15 to last me till payday - I'm stocked up on food/essentials so thats OK. All DD/SO's cancelled. Getting a bit nervous waiting for the DMP info to come and the details on how to set up the new account for wages - I have until next week (18th) to change bank details at work for this months wages. Then I'm ready to go and its waiting to see how the creditors take it.

Got to admit in general I feel like a weights been lifted off me and I can properly start to plan getting out of this 'orrible debt situation rather than scraping to get by using credit. Really don't worry about not being able to get credit again although it may be a problem at remortgage time. Having said that the SVR at Bristol & West is currently a lot lower than my fixed rate!! I took it out in September 07 at about 5.99%

My only regret with everything is a didn't do it sooner - foolish pride hey!!

JON
    DMP mutual support thread member: 275
    Total Unsecured debt = £18,835
    A & L Personal Loan - £10,000, Student Loan - £6500, Parental Loan - £2335
  • emmylou3219
    Options
    SORRY THIS IS TOTALLY IRRELEVANT!!!!

I have been trying to get accepted onto a proffessional body (AAT- accountants) and have been paying for my course for 7 months, They have strung me along for ages. I've carried on with the course, paying out £100 a month (that we can ill afford!) in the hope that they accepted me..if they didn't it was a total waste of money!

The reason it has taken so long is because of my debt...basically I think they want to check monetary responsibility?!? Had to go through solicitors etc.

I got an email today saying that they would accept me!!!!!!!!

I know this is pointless to you all but couldn't tell anyone else why it was such a massive problem because no-one knows about our debt!! Therefore been soooooo stressed alone!

I sat a cried with relief all morning..I just wanted to tell someone!

Sorry again!
    REMEMBER...ALWAYS KEEP SMILING!
    you can win if you want it enough
  • msc1977
    msc1977 Posts: 169 Forumite
    Options
    Hi everyone - just wanted to pop on and say hello! I've been playing catch up (again) this time our internet was out of action....long story...... Lots of newbies which is great to see and MD glad to see you being more positive.

Our phones are very quiet still despite me thinking i had tempted fate last time i said it. I was expecting calls from MBNA but then i remembered i gave them Dominoes Pizza as our new phone number...must have got my numbers mixed up:j !!

I have received defaults so far for Egg Loan and CC. Natwest Loan and CC. Mint Credit card and Capital One CC.

I have had no DMP accepts yet and Natwest Loan and CC have rejected the DMP offer which i find strange if they have defaulted straight away and will be curious to see if theycontinue to add interest. OH's Barclaycard statement came y'day and that has no interest on so i'm hoping thats a good sign.

Thats me done for today, hopefully be logged on a bit more often now.

msc xx
    DMP Support Member 254. LBM 20/1/2009
    DMP though CCCS starting 01.04.2009
    Debt Free date March 2015 but would love to be there for OH's 40th in 2014.
  • ad1jnl
    Options
    Hi Emmylou,

I'm currently an ACCA student (last exam in June then hopefully fully qualified) and my job is an accountant...... stop laughing at the back!!! I'm led to believe (and if I'm wrong please let me know) that IVA's don't affect professional body membership so DMP's shouldn't. Bankruptcy certainly does.

Thats another problem with my debt - you'd have thought my job would mean I'd be able to avoid it. Thing is the debt is caught up with emotions (in my case anxiety and depression) and things we don't anticipate (in my case having an extra payment of £157 for a student loan to be met each month) The main thing is, esp with DMPs, is your dealing with it and not trying to get it written off

Jon
  • emmylou3219
    Options
    Thanx Jon,

AAT have really put me through the ringer, wanting details of EVERYTHING!! Dates, what the money went on, repayments, who, what, when, why, inside leg!!!

Assuming it went to a solicitor who decide that I was stupid yes, but not really into fraud?!?

But I don't care, just gonna focus on the future, got accepted by them and a job interview today for a better paid position with study support WOOHOO!!!

Bring it on, I am invincible this week!!!!

God help HSBC if they call!!!!!
  • bexxie90
    bexxie90 Posts: 376 Forumite
    Options
    SORRY THIS IS TOTALLY IRRELEVANT!!!!

I have been trying to get accepted onto a proffessional body (AAT- accountants) and have been paying for my course for 7 months, They have strung me along for ages. I've carried on with the course, paying out £100 a month (that we can ill afford!) in the hope that they accepted me..if they didn't it was a total waste of money!

The reason it has taken so long is because of my debt...basically I think they want to check monetary responsibility?!? Had to go through solicitors etc.

I got an email today saying that they would accept me!!!!!!!!

I know this is pointless to you all but couldn't tell anyone else why it was such a massive problem because no-one knows about our debt!! Therefore been soooooo stressed alone!

I sat a cried with relief all morning..I just wanted to tell someone!

Sorry again!

:beer: CONGRATS!!!!! Thats fab news you muct feel so relieved!
    Bex.xx

Chloe 13 years old and Amelia-Rose born 4/4/07

Gorgeous Harry born 18/04/10 5 weeks early after a nine minute labour!
    MFW currently paying £200 extra a month.
  • emmylou3219
    Options
    Thanx Jon,

AAT have really put me through the ringer, wanting details of EVERYTHING!! Dates, what the money went on, repayments, who, what, when, why, inside leg!!!

Assuming it went to a solicitor who decide that I was stupid yes, but not really into fraud?!?

But I don't care, just gonna focus on the future, got accepted by them and a job interview today for a better paid position with study support WOOHOO!!!

Bring it on, I am invincible this week!!!!

God help HSBC if they call!!!!!
  • ad1jnl
    Options
    Good luck for the job interview.

I plan to look for a higher paid one when I get fully qualified - hopefully will help in getting the DFD down as well ; )

Jon
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business