Link to 5 minute chocolate cake in a mug!

Soapy955
Soapy955 Posts: 274 Forumite
edited 8 December 2009 at 7:23PM in Old style MoneySaving
Well I DID manage to find the recipe online, and as it is so easy and delicious I thought I'd re-post with the link.

I hope you all enjoy it!

http://www.desktopcookbook.com/recipe.asp?ID=29882

[threadbanner]box[/threadbanner]
I'm so sorry if you were enjoying this thread and mine is the last post!!

I seem to have a nasty habit of killing threads!
:p

Comments

• Beki
    Beki Posts: 917 Forumite
    Thanks soapie! :D
  • rosy
    rosy Posts: 642 Forumite
    DS2 has just made this and is eating it as I type. DS 1 now , having seen DS 2's effort, is now in the process of making his own. It is really quick and easy & does look very alarming rising up over the mug ( it looked like a leaning tower of pisa in the microwave! ) but despite that it didn't keel over, just drooped! They are going to take recipe to uni with them. Definitely 10/10 for novelty value and for getting them inspired to cook something for themselves :-)
  • Glad they liked it! :j

I used a big mug and did it for 3 mins 45 secs in a 650W oven. I think it'd be lovely with a bit of custard and you only have a tablespoon and mug to wash up!
    I'm so sorry if you were enjoying this thread and mine is the last post!!

I seem to have a nasty habit of killing threads!
    :p
  • ead
    ead Posts: 257 Forumite
    i'm sure my daughter will want to have a go

many thanks
  • Soapy955 wrote: »
    Well I DID manage to find the recipe online, and as it is so easy and delicious I thought I'd re-post with the link.

I hope you all enjoy it!

http://www.desktopcookbook.com/recipe.asp?ID=29882

Thanks for the link ..... it looks really simple .... :T

I haven't got any cocoa at the moment .... I suppose drinking chocolate would be too sweet to use ??? :rolleyes:

terri xx
    " When I'm good I'm very good , but when I'm bad I'm better " ~ Mae West ..
  • thanks! will make it soon
  • Wow...how cool, I may have to try this!!

Do you think it would work if you didn't put the cocoa in, to just have a plain cake?
    Wins for 2022: Hydratem8 Water bottle, diary, flowers, Good food show tickets, childrens books x3,
    Thanks to all who post the comps & please let the comping fairy sprinkle dust on my entries!
  • tomterm8
    tomterm8 Posts: 5,892
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Thanks for posting the link Soapy. Unfortunatly, the resulting cake had a bit too much of a heavy texture for me, but it's certaily quick and easy.
    “The ideas of debtor and creditor as to what constitutes a good time never coincide.”
    ― P.G. Wodehouse, Love Among the Chickens
  • I always just half Curry Queen's recipe ;) YummyYummy :)
    Here's a quick and easy sponge pudding that can be knocked up in a matter of minutes and zapped just as quickly in the microwave for those "must have now" comfort food moments ;)

The following quantities are plenty for 4 people and I often halve this to make a smaller version for 2 and cook for a minute or so less :)

Ingredients (basic sponge)

4oz butter/marg
    4oz sugar
    2 eggs, beaten
    4oz SR Flour
    2-3 tbsp milk

Beat butter and sugar together, add beaten egg, fold in flour and add sufficient milk to dropping consistency. Pour into buttered microwavable bowl, cover with cling film, leaving small gap for steam to escape, and zap for 3-4 minutes on HIGH (based on 800W) ... leave to stand for a couple of minutes after.

BE CAREFUL REMOVING CLING FILM AS STEAM WILL STILL BE PRESENT!!!

Variations:

Syrup sponge - place 2 tbsp golden syrup in bottom of bowl before adding pudding mix.

Ginger sponge - add a tsp of ground ginger with flour (nice combined with syrup!)

Chocolate sponge - replace 1oz/25g of flour with cocoa powder.

Spotted !!!!!! - add a handful of sultanas/raisins to pudding mix.

Upside down fruit sponge - add slices of pear, apple or pineapple etc (peeled and cored) in bottom of dish before adding pudding mix (pear is nice combined with ginger, cinnamon with apple, or even syrup too!!! YUM!!!)

Jam Sponge - place 2 tbsp jam of choice in bottom of bowl before adding pudding mix.

Lemon Sponge - add 2 tbsp lemon juice in place of milk and grated rind of half a lemon to pudding mix.

I'm sure you can all think of lot's of other variations you can do too, adding fruit/spices etc...

Enjoy!!!! :)

:A
  • reverie
    reverie Posts: 427 Forumite
    Fab idea, thanks OP x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts