18185 "contact us" page

Options
I'm trying to use the 18185 contact us page to report the fact that a phone call to a USA no 001-888 was preceded by a 3p per minute voice message. I thought phone calls to the usa were 0.5p? But I can't get through to complain? Anyone else having problems with this site?
Thanks. :mad:
I've just found this no. 0808 170 1818 on their website and their phone system confirms the cost for the usa to be 3p/minute even though their website still has 0.5p.
Perhaps the international callchecker chart should be updated.

Comments

• 10_66
    10_66 Posts: 3,282 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Have just tested the contact page and can't get past the first page. I'm sure someone will be along that'll be able to help.
  • upallnight
    upallnight Posts: 100 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks for confirming that, perhaps they're updating their website with the new prices - or they're having a flood of queries. Time to go somewhere else for usa calls.
  • 10_66
    10_66 Posts: 3,282 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Try this email address that I've found. [EMAIL="service@18185.co.uk"]service@18185.co.uk[/EMAIL]
  • billsavings
    billsavings Posts: 2,015 Forumite
    Options
    If you use the 0808 Freephone Number different rates apply to if you use the Indirect Access Code.

See: http://www.18185.co.uk/mobilerates.php
  • Stompa
    Stompa Posts: 8,348 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I can't seem to access their FAQ's right now, but there is one which says:

The advertised tariff is different than the tariff message. Which one is correct?

The tariff message played before each call is always correct. It is possible that the tariff message differs from the charges on our website or other publications due to special offers. In these cases, the free tariff message is always the correct tariff.
    Stompa
  • maddypc
    maddypc Posts: 52 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I can't get through the contact page either - glad it's not just me!!

Does anyone know how you use a mobile to phone or text via 18185? I have registered the mobile number but not sure how to use it!

Thanks,
  • MARTINS_DOLL
    MARTINS_DOLL Posts: 11,141 Forumite
    Options
    maddypc wrote: »

Does anyone know how you use a mobile to phone or text via 18185? I have registered the mobile number but not sure how to use it!

Thanks,

I've been registered now for quite a few months, and have never been able to use 18185 to phone anyone from my mobile which was registered at the same time as my actual registation of my land line.
    I just get a ringing tone, then a message saying 'For information about contact lock' :confused:
    Is that the same message you get?
    ................................... MSE MARTIN LEWIS ... :A ... THANK YOU.......................
  • billsavings
    Options
    maddypc wrote: »

Thanks,

To phone from your mobile you cant use the indirect 18185 code. You have to use the 020 or 0808 Freephone Access Numbers. Best to use the 020 number if you have inclusive minutes.
    See: http://www.18185.co.uk/mobilerates.php

You cant text direct from your mobile,you do it via the net.
    See: http://www.18185.co.uk/sms.php
  • billsavings
    Options
    I've been registered now for quite a few months, and have never been able to use 18185 to phone anyone from my mobile which was registered at the same time as my actual registation of my land line.
    I just get a ringing tone, then a message saying 'For information about contact lock' :confused:
    Is that the same message you get?

What access code are you using? Do you get a tariff message?
  • MARTINS_DOLL
    MARTINS_DOLL Posts: 11,141 Forumite
    Options
    What access code are you using? Do you get a tariff message?

Hi Billsavings,

I'm using 18185 as the access code. There is no tariff message from my mobile when I try to dial out, which I usually (not always!!!) get via my landline calls. It just comes up as the recorded message which I posted above when I try to call from my mobile... :confused:
    ................................... MSE MARTIN LEWIS ... :A ... THANK YOU.......................
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure