🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Wii's Spotted or Wanted. Please post all availability for the Wii here

Options

Comments

• johnnyshuttle
    Options
    You and johnnyshuttlepants are taking the Wii arent you!

We live in a democracy and a capitalistic one at that.

Dont you knock my basic human rights and my freedoms....if I want to make a fast buck then I will. Its not my fault that Ive ended up with something that johnnyshuttlepants cannot get hold of. Perhaps one needs to work a little harder to get what one wants I say. In this little life if you work hard you will reap the benefits. Sitting around moaning wont get you anywhere. Get out there Johnnyfartpants......GRAB YOUR WII ......Its for the taking, reach for it...its waiting to be claimed.

In any event, I dont do virtual car parks, perhaps I can meet you in online if you play Super Mario Galaxy...when you two get your Wii's.

DUPEK........ Translate it from the Polish language.:rotfl:

Regards!! Mr Shuttle
    The Best Currant Cutter known To Man!!
  • ladyfalco
    ladyfalco Posts: 1,049 Forumite
    Options
    I think its a shame people are purposly buying wiis for ebay!!! £179 for some families is a hell of alot of cash to pay and they may not beable to afford the over charged ebay prices. Its a shame they have to miss out just so someone to make a quick £30 quid after fees are taken off!
    :xmastree: :rudolf: :xmastree:
  • dangeroussports
    Options
    If your struggling then you shouldnt be buying a Wii. You do know that you have to buy games for it aswell.
  • Nick_A_2
    Nick_A_2 Posts: 314 Forumite
    Options
    Hi all, I just saw in a shop called mediamart in Belgium, nintendo wiis stacked high! 259 euros with rayman rabids or 219euros on its own if I remembered correctly. It works out roughly £170 with a game.

If people are desparate then they can get it from europe directly - ryanair has cheap flights next few months so guys, put a bit of effort in with research on tickets, money etc and you can get your hands on a wii well before xmas.

From what I have heard, you can convert to uk plug via an adapter.

Not sure why UK has shortage, it's freely available in Europe?

HTH,

Nick.
    something missing
  • Dear_Mr_Echo
    Options
    ladyfalco wrote: »
    I think its a shame people are purposly buying wiis for ebay!!! £179 for some families is a hell of alot of cash to pay and they may not beable to afford the over charged ebay prices. Its a shame they have to miss out just so someone to make a quick £30 quid after fees are taken off!

Thing is they are not usually superinflated prices to begin with - a lot of eBay auctions start way, way, way below the retail price... so it is just actual demand that takes the price to daft levels. That's not to say there's no greed though - I looked at one auction yesterday and it finished at £236... but reserve not met!!!... so obviously nearly £60 profit isn't good enough for some. Also I don't get the mad prices that people are willing to pay for delivery... £20+ for RM Standard Parcels??? These people obviously have and use the internet - it doesn't take a genius to check out https://www.royalmail.com.

At the end of the day I don't bother too much about people buying to sell on eBay - these are totally unecessary items... it's just 'stuff'. It's not like they are profiteering by selling baby milk or medicines to impoverished nations. Also that "quick £30" could mean a lot to some folk too.
    "Whatever happened to string?"
  • ness_w
    ness_w Posts: 334 Forumite
    Options
    If you're going to get on a plane for one, might as well go to Dublin. Plenty there and no need to get a convertor plug.

Ness.
  • Gambler
    Gambler Posts: 3,214 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I give up. I'm doing some work from home tonight and the wii locator site flashes up to say there is stock at Amazon. I click through and there are 3 in stock. Add to my basket successfully and try to checkout but get the sorry there is no stock message for the 10th time this week.
  • ness_w
    ness_w Posts: 334 Forumite
    Options
    With any luck the shops will be awash with them in December as everyone gives up, failing that I can wait till January, I'm not paying over the odds to profiteers or to the good folks on ebay just trying to make themselves a few sovs.

Ness.
  • Gambler
    Options
    this is getting ridiculous now, I had a wii in my basket at amazon, was just adjusting the postage and bang, sold out.
  • Gambler
    Options
    Nintendo Wii are now in stock in several big name electrical companies across the country, including GAME and ARGOS.

Have fun people, I got one from Game in victoria, went back earlier today and picked up another two!

Perfect for making some money on Ebay now, someone somewhere is going to desperate to get their hands on one over christmas lol! LOL LOL

If I make enough moolah out of them, hopefully I shoud be able to cover 50% of my original Wii at least.

Great mser ! I'll try and get my hands on some more.

Alan Sugar, eat your heart out. Are you auditioning for the next series of apprentice? You'd go far................NOT!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 10 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport