MSE News: Npower keeps online energy price war raging

Former_MSE_Guy
Former_MSE_Guy Posts: 1,650
I've been Money Tipped! Newshound! Chutzpah Haggler
Forumite
This is the discussion thread for the following MSE News Story:

"The energy giant has launched a new web-based tariff that is the cheapest of the big six providers, on average ..."

Comments

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Posts: 1,171
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    Forumite
    Wouldn't care if they were giving away free energy. Wouldn't touch NPower with a bargepole, given their consistently appalling customer service.
  • Quite right Mr K, an unsavoury bunch.
    The only way I would go back to them is, if they gave it all free and never contacted me.
  • sly_dog_jonah
    sly_dog_jonah Posts: 1,003
    Car Insurance Carver!
    Forumite
    Article fails to mention if it's a gas or electricity tariff?!?
    Cider Country Solar PV generator: 3.7kWp Enfinity system on unshaded SE (-36deg azimuth) & 45deg roof
  • Wouldn't mind changing to a better online tarrif, but I think we may have a slight balance due to our last Winter bill.....Would we have to clear it off first before changing to a better tarrif? Any answers welcome...Thanks
    Saved £££'s using coupons/discount codes/cashbacks
    Done the Edinburgh Moonwalk 2010(yeh !)
    Signed up to do....Woman's 10K Glasgow run
    Great Scottish Run and St Andrew's Hospice 6K run and Midnight walk (13 mile)
    :A:kisses2:
  • i like Npower, never had a problem with them.
  • PNPSUKNET
    PNPSUKNET Posts: 4,265 Forumite
    those that complain I bet are those that dont pay their bills, I have never had a problem with them
  • GetRealBabe
    GetRealBabe Posts: 2,258
    First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Forumite
    i like Npower, never had a problem with them.

Hi

Same here.

GRB
    Sealed Pot Challenge No 089-Finally got a signature.:rotfl::j

• GetRealBabe
    GetRealBabe Posts: 2,258
    First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Forumite
    Hi

Just did a comparison using energyhelpline. SOL 18 is £22 cheaper than my current tariff Go Fix. Will look at it again at the end of the year when Go Fix ends.
    Sealed Pot Challenge No 089-Finally got a signature.:rotfl::j

• samizdat
    samizdat Posts: 398 Forumite
    Mr_K wrote: »
    Wouldn't care if they were giving away free energy. Wouldn't touch NPower with a bargepole, given their consistently appalling customer service.
    Totally agree.

From Which news release March 2010:

"Earning a customer score of just 27%, Npower not only got the worst satisfaction score of all nine energy companies in the survey, but also has the dubious honour of getting the lowest score for any company in any industry ever surveyed by Which?"

Fairly damning I would say.
  • Sandrock
    Sandrock Posts: 143 Forumite
    I'm with NPower and they are fine. I did have a hiccup with my first bill, but that was down to British Gas not playing ball with the transfer. As soon as I had knocked BG into place with a strongly worded letter, NPower issued me with a correct bill and all is fine. When I've spoken to them on the phone (a while back now) they are helpful, willing to give their names and ID numbers and easy to get hold of.

I do submit my own readings online frequently so never usually need to speak to them.
    Self confessed nerd when it comes to anything financial and/or numerical! :cool:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure