PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

left over xmas veg

Options
got loads of leftover veg dishes from yesterday
anyone got any different ideas on what to do with it?

Official insert:

This was originally asked last year but it's always relevant, especially after Christmas. What's your alternative to turkey sandwiches? :)

Comments

• tiff
    tiff Posts: 6,608 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Savvy Shopper!
    Options
    Bubble and squeak with cold Turkey or any other cold meat? Thats what we're having :)
    “A budget is telling your money where to go instead of wondering where it went.” - Dave Ramsey
  • elona
    elona Posts: 11,806 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Try mixing it all together with egg and flour to bind it- form into rounds , put on baking tray and roast in oven for 25 mins approx.
    "This site is addictive!"
    Wooligan 2 squares for smoky - 3 squares for HTA
    Preemie hats - 2.
  • Trow
    Trow Posts: 2,298 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I am making soup with my bird carcass and leftover veg - not very original, but a great way to get a third days food from one meal with little effort - we don't have a turkey - I am sure if we did we would have mopre than three days worth of food left - thinking of trying that for New Year, as so far we have never gone with turkey.... that and we might get a cheap one now :D
  • Glad
    Glad Posts: 18,865 Senior Ambassador
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    just making the bubble & squeak now ;D
    I am a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Wales, Small Biz MoneySaving, In My Home (includes DIY) MoneySaving, and Old style MoneySaving boards. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • catznine
    catznine Posts: 3,192 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Cream of veg soup! Just cook up any veg in stock until soft then whizz up in processor then back in large pan add a knob of butter or marge and then some milk heat thru but don't boil. Season to taste! Works with most veg.
    Our days are happier when we give people a bit of our heart rather than a piece of our mind.

Jan grocery challenge £35.77/£120
  • franky
    franky Posts: 641 Forumite
    Options
    ooh great ideas thanks :)
  • hilstep2000
    hilstep2000 Posts: 3,089 Forumite
    Options
    We always have bubble & Squeak on Boxing Day, YUM!!!!
    I Believe in saving money!!!:T
    A Bargain is only a bargain if you need it!

• rushnowt
    rushnowt Posts: 24,749 Forumite
    Options
    i mix mine into the dogs food, they luv it ;D ;D ;D
    Nobody can make you feel inferior, without your permission ;)

Love doesn't make the world go round, it's what makes the ride worthwhile

ya still freezing :p

• jo_b_2
    jo_b_2 Posts: 7,123 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Cream of veg soup!  Just cook up any veg in stock until soft then whizz up in processor then back in large pan add a knob of butter or marge and then some milk heat thru but don't boil.  Season to taste!  Works with most veg.

Sounds lovely. You're making me hungry now! :P :P
  • heldaz
    heldaz Posts: 192 Forumite
    Options
    hi rushnowt

we did that last year but being in the same room as the dog afterwards wasnt much fun :-[ lol
    I never knew saving money was so much fun :o)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure