Alexadex

MSE_Martin
MSE_Martin Posts: 8,272
First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
Money Saving Expert
Just discovered a great site...

Alexadex

It's effectively a stockmarket type game where you buy and sell websites depending on their daily ranking on Alexa. Thus by predicting trends on the internet you can buy/sell/trade.

Of course its all for fun, but no money involved. By clicking on the link above, you enter my league too - allowing MoneySavers to compete against each other.

Notification of Insider Dealing

I have to admit that those of us in MoneySaving towers are looking at small to mid-sized sites that may be included in this weeks email tip and are buying their stock.... (just bought some in alexadex myself!)

Worst still there are rumours that the above link to Alexadex is infact an affiliate link which means I get $1000 virtual dollars for everyone who starts to play (mwah ha ha ha ha ha).....

Great fun

martin
Martin Lewis, Money Saving Expert.
Please note, answers don't constitute financial advice, it is based on generalised journalistic research. Always ensure any decision is made with regards to your own individual circumstance.
Don't miss out on urgent MoneySaving, get my weekly e-mail at www.moneysavingexpert.com/tips.
Debt-Free Wannabee Official Nerd Club: (Honorary) Members number 000

Comments

• tigermatt
    tigermatt Posts: 1,927
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    MSE_Martin wrote:
    Worst still there are rumours that the above link to alexadex is infact an affiliate link which means I get $1000 virtual dollars for everyone who starts to play (mwah ha ha ha ha ha).....
    :doh::doh::doh:

:beer::beer::beer:
  • tigermatt
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    MSE_Martin wrote:
    Worst still there are rumours that the above link to alexadex is infact an affiliate link which means I get $1000 virtual dollars for everyone who starts to play (mwah ha ha ha ha ha).....
    Tell a friend, get paid! For each account created using the following link we will deposit $1000† into your account.

†This is play money of course. And limited to 10 referral bonuses per player
    But I still fell for it without reading the whole of the Original Post first... :)
  • bridiej
    bridiej Posts: 5,775
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Are we going to have an MSE league table? In fact I think you can start up a "group" on their site...?

I've just joined, as bridiej of course! :)

I just pop in now and then.... :)
    transcribing
  • sra
    sra Posts: 4,678
    Combo Breaker First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite

I tried to create it but it just let me join - so I think it was already created.

By joining via Martin's link you seem to be automatically in the Martin Lewis group but I think if there's two groups it'll get confusing so maybe we should pick one and leave the other :confused:
    (Moneysavingexpert.com is my preference to make it a site thing :D )
  • bridiej
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Thanks Sra, Ive joined the mse.com one too :)

transcribing
  • tigermatt
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    I've joined the mse.com one as tigermatt :)
  • bridiej
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    When do you get the $1000? Only a friend of mine has signed up using my referral but I've not had it credited yet......

transcribing
  • MSE_Martin
    MSE_Martin Posts: 8,272
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Money Saving Expert
    Oy stop stealing my $1000 SRA!!!!!! Theft! I'll (virtually) sue you for all you alexadex money!
    Martin Lewis, Money Saving Expert.
    Please note, answers don't constitute financial advice, it is based on generalised journalistic research. Always ensure any decision is made with regards to your own individual circumstance.
    Don't miss out on urgent MoneySaving, get my weekly e-mail at www.moneysavingexpert.com/tips.
    Debt-Free Wannabee Official Nerd Club: (Honorary) Members number 000
  • sra
    sra Posts: 4,678
    Combo Breaker First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    lol

People can still join via your referral link (if they reeeealy feel the need) and then join the Moneysavingexpert.com group icon6.gif
  • I'll just stick to Snakes and Ladders thank you Martin. 1a_y_tongue1.gif

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport