PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Moneywasting

Options
Thought I'd ask are there any like me with £££££££££'s of waste lurking in the house
old makeup, shampoos body lotions the last' have to have' that I didn't have to have and didn't like etc. I try to be more aware nowadays, too late was the cry.
Women and cats will do as they please and men and dogs should get used to it.;)
Happiness is a perfume you cannot pour on others without getting a few drops on yourself.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comments

• halloweenqueen_2
    Options
    It used to be BOGOF or stuff on offer with me, now I only have them if I use the stuff all the time - I mentally ask myself whether I would have bought it if it wasn't on offer. If I do think of getting it - I check the shelves first to make sure theres not a better deal that isn't being promoted so much.
    16011996 Posts: 8,313 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    i gave loads of odd toiletries to my daughter to make "potions" with. but am much wiser now, i sed to have creams for this, and creams for that, now just have body lotion, face cream, eye cream, make up remover, and 2 lipsticks, 2 eyeshadows, 1 mascara and a foundation.

also stoppped buying the kids those loreal shampoos, they have same as me now, and same with shower gels etc. whatever is cheapest when i need it.
  • halloweenqueen_2
    Options
    I treated myself to Dove shampoo - at poundland - plus it had 50% extra free!
  • Bogof_Babe
    Bogof_Babe Posts: 10,803 Forumite
    Options
    I packed up work two years ago for various reasons, and thanks to a diligent check up of all the bottom-of-the-wardrobe and back-of-the-drawer stuff, I have hardly bought anything in the way of make-up or toiletries since.

Some of the lipsticks are about down to the core now, and loose powder runs out pretty quickly, but apart from a couple of shampoos (bogofs, natch ;)) I must be quids in.

Have a root round your hiding places before you splash out on new kit.
    :D I haven't bogged off yet, and I ain't no babe :D

• MATH
    MATH Posts: 2,941 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Had a blitze on the bathroom last summer and it took about three months to use up all the odds 'n' sods we had lying around. Collected all the mini shampoos up which Mrs Man picks up on her travels and filled 2 x 250ml bottles with them so toileteries are pretty much in order. Starting an attack on the kitchen now, found a bottle of peppercorns which expired in 1986 so gave them to youngest for collage making.
    Life's a beach! Take your shoes off and feel the sand between your toes.
  • needmoney
    needmoney Posts: 4,932 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Just found a black and mouldy half tomato in the back of my fridge ;D
    Women and cats will do as they please and men and dogs should get used to it.;)
    Happiness is a perfume you cannot pour on others without getting a few drops on yourself.
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

• catznine
    catznine Posts: 3,192 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Trying to convince my 20 yr old daughter that she really does not need anymore body lotion, we are awash in it! ::) Doesn't need anymore shoes either ;D
    Our days are happier when we give people a bit of our heart rather than a piece of our mind.

Jan grocery challenge £35.77/£120
  • nearlyrich
    nearlyrich Posts: 13,698 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Hung up my suit!
    Options
    If you have shampoo, body lotion, talc etc that you don't want/need try the local geriatric ward where some of the old ladies come in with nothing and have no family to bring in little treats. I found out when my elderly aunt died earlier this year that the staff are really gratefull for this kind of thing.
    Free impartial debt advice from: National Debtline or Stepchange[/CENTER]
    16011996 Posts: 8,313 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    thats a great idea nearly, i will bear that in mind cos i always get toiltetries i don't like at xmas.
  • catznine
    catznine Posts: 3,192 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I will remember that as well as I am allergic to a lot of the scented bath products! Nice if they could bring pleasure to others.
    Our days are happier when we give people a bit of our heart rather than a piece of our mind.

Jan grocery challenge £35.77/£120
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport