We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Playing iPod in car

Options
Hi,
Can anyone advise how I setup my iPod for my car - not sure what I need to buy..I'm not into fancy gadgets..just something that will do the job and hopefully be as cheap as chips. I have a peugeot 307 with only a cassette player..yes, it's that old :D

I've just purchased a half decent refurbished laptop so now in desperate need of updating my out of date CD collection :o ...so any advice on how I get into the world of downloading music would be MUCH appreciated... ta

Comments

• robert_harper_2000
    Options
    Well I used an Ipod attachment that you tune into the radio no fuss
    Help me to help you :santa2:
  • M4RKM
    M4RKM Posts: 5,132 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    or get an old skool tape adaptor
  • Moneymaker
    Moneymaker Posts: 1,984 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I use a cassette adapter that has a thin lead with a 3.5mm jack plug. Works a treat! I think I ordered it from CPC.com
  • MrsJackBauer
    Options
    Thanks for the replies - when I did a search on Google there seems to be something you can put in the lighter socket (maybe better in case I ever buy a CD player - not restricted to the cassette adapter only). They vary in price tho - does anyone use one of these...is it car specific...or is that one of my many blonde questions ..;)
  • tomstickland
    tomstickland Posts: 19,538 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    A better solution in terms of sound quality would be to see whether it has any aux inputs.
    Happy chappy
  • penrhyn
    penrhyn Posts: 15,215 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Aux socket, FM tuner, or cassette adapter are your choices.
    If its an FM adapter I'd recommend a Kensington one.
    That gum you like is coming back in style.
  • Cat695
    Cat695 Posts: 3,647 Forumite
    Options
    Hi,
    Can anyone advise how I setup my iPod for my car - not sure what I need to buy..I'm not into fancy gadgets..just something that will do the job and hopefully be as cheap as chips. I have a peugeot 307 with only a cassette player..yes, it's that old :D

I've just purchased a half decent refurbished laptop so now in desperate need of updating my out of date CD collection :o ...so any advice on how I get into the world of downloading music would be MUCH appreciated... ta

many ways to download legally or illegally... legally you have lots to choose from itunes or play.com to name a couple or illegally you can use torrents

tracks on itunes 79p on play.com 65p christ you can even download from tescos (online)

torrents are free ;)

The choice as they say is yours
    If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have failed to plan properly

I've only ever been wrong once! and that was when I thought I was wrong but I was right
  • nearlyrich
    nearlyrich Posts: 13,698 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Hung up my suit!
    Options
    I bought an FM transmitter from ebay for about £2 which worked fine with my old MP3 player. I recently bought an iPod and I wanted to charge it in the car as well as play it, my old gadget and a new expensive Kensington one were terrible sound quality. I don't have an Aux in on my radio even though it's a new car and it's a high spec , VW are tight on the giveaways!

My brother is in the motor trade and he is great at getting and installing sound stuff so now I have an ICE kit which is a cable from the back of the radio into the glove box, it has some other technical bits attached but I didn't get too involved in the details. It wasn't cheap but it does the job and I do spend a lot of time in the car.
    Free impartial debt advice from: National Debtline or Stepchange[/CENTER]
  • MrsJackBauer
    Options
    Ok..being dim here - but where do I check for the aux or FM thingymajig (told you I was blonde, lol).

As for the illegal downloads - I know many do it...but how do you get caught..and if you do, what happens. Is it much safer downloading from itunes etc in terms of protecting my laptop as well? My husband used to sort all the techie stuff for me - think there's gonna be lots of posts from me :rolleyes:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport