Merlin annual pass half price, £75

Options

Comments

• Zziggi
    Zziggi Posts: 2,485 Forumite
    Options
    tinker15 wrote: »
    It doesn't look like it as Destroyer had a look at the Legoland website, so its probably quidco and passes or vouchers only

Have sorted it - thanks.

Got through the quidco website to alton towers website, then go to page to buy tickets, look for annual passes, the opt for gift voucher for an annual pass. Bingo.
  • tinker15
    tinker15 Posts: 1,393 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Thats good to know Zziggi thank you. But will you have to validate your vouchers at Alton Towers or can they be validated at one of the London venues?
    Comping from May 2012 :D

Thank you to all that post & contribute, I think you are wonderful, I could not achieve without your help :)
  • elisebutt65
    elisebutt65 Posts: 3,854 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    bylromarha wrote: »
    Would have to disagree - it's unsuitable for my 2.

I took them last year during one of the summer holiday days.

The only thing they enjoyed was the birds of prey. Got bored in the re-enactments, couldn't cope with the stairs on the battlements, got freaked out by the waxworks and strangers in costume talking to them and scared silly by the dark rooms.

Won't be going back until they're 7 I think!

I would have to further disagree - I live just down the road so have the had the annual pass until recently and I've been taking my 9yr old since he was in his buggy and he still loves it! He even went on the school trip despite just going the weekend before.
    We often go just for the re-enactments in the summer and when they did the ice rink, it was lovely! Seem to be concentrating on corporate dinners at Xmas now which is a shame!

I find it's my eldest (14) who gets bored now as he's not really into history - he does love the Dungeons though:rolleyes: especially when I start shrieking all over the place!:eek::eek:
    Noli nothis permittere te terere
    Bad Mothers Club Member No.665
    [STRIKE]Student MoneySaving Club member 026![/STRIKE] Teacher now and still Moneysaving:D

• Destroyer
    Destroyer Posts: 432 Forumite
    Options
    I went to Warwick Castle last year & thoroughly enjoyed the day out, i even treated me & my girlfriend to a nite at the Travelodge in Leamington Spa for cheaps, it was like staying in the Grand Hotel !!!
    I usually like to drink my whisky neat :cool2:
  • mumontherun
    Options
    Got through the quidco website to alton towers website, then go to page to buy tickets, look for annual passes, the opt for gift voucher for an annual pass. Bingo.

Did quidco track for you on this please? Was considering doing this but description on quidco seems to imply it's just for hotel stays.
  • froggy27_2
    Options
    Destroyer wrote: »
    I went to Warwick Castle last year & thoroughly enjoyed the day out, i even treated me & my girlfriend to a nite at the Travelodge in Leamington Spa for cheaps, it was like staying in the Grand Hotel !!!

great to know Destroyer.. just booked travelodge at Leamington Spa in July and Strafford in May for £9 per room.. just to go to warwick castle...do you remember how was the parking at Leamington travelodge?
    A friend is a present which you give yourself (R.Stevenson)
    Happiness seems made to be shared (Jean Racine)
  • Kay.Samuels
    Options
    Can someone please help me with a question regarding the disabled pass?
    My son is classed as disabled (he has autism) and goes around in a special needs pushchair (I could provide them with a letter from docs or Disability Living Allowance benefit - he get higher rate of care).

Am I right in thinking if I buy one disabled pass for him, I don't need to pay for me as I would be classed as his free carer?? (I receive carer's allowance).

If I am right in my thinking here I will be buying one I think, as others have said would save a small fortune in the school hols!
    It is only a bargain if you need it!
  • susancs
    susancs Posts: 3,888 Forumite
    edited 7 January 2010 at 2:43PM
    Options
    Destroyer wrote: »
    Thank you for this information and for your post regarding the gift vouchers as have ordered Merlin passes and booked various Travelodges in todays sale near the ones away from London. Have booked the Leamington Spa one for Warwick Castle. We went the summer before last to Warwick Castle and had a fab day out. I still laugh when I think about the Plaque victims band and the singalong they did with the crowd and the way the Grave Diggers were so in character giving sinister comments to all in an undertone.
  • Destroyer
    edited 7 January 2010 at 4:01PM
    Options
    froggy27 wrote: »
    great to know Destroyer.. just booked travelodge at Leamington Spa in July and Strafford in May for £9 per room.. just to go to warwick castle...do you remember how was the parking at Leamington travelodge?

Yes, there is no parking facility adjoined to the hotel however there is a secure manned multi-storey car park closed after mdt but perfect & within
    5min walk.

When you come down the High St you will see the Resturant, its called 'The Regent', the entrance to the hotel is on the side. There is a pay & display outside which also has free parking between 18.00pm & 08.00am, but personally i recommend the multi-storey for just a few quid.

Opposite the hotel is the nearest Wetherspoon pub, perfect for dinner & breakfast + a quiet drink in evening.

Warwick Castle is approx 3miles from here.

hotel.php?prefix=leamington_spa_s0560&type=outside&size=l&orient=l
  • Destroyer
    Options
    Can someone please help me with a question regarding the disabled pass?
    My son is classed as disabled (he has autism) and goes around in a special needs pushchair (I could provide them with a letter from docs or Disability Living Allowance benefit - he get higher rate of care).

Am I right in thinking if I buy one disabled pass for him, I don't need to pay for me as I would be classed as his free carer?? (I receive carer's allowance).

If I am right in my thinking here I will be buying one I think, as others have said would save a small fortune in the school hols!

Disabled (including complimentary Carer Pass) £75
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family