PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weight Loss the Old Style Way! Part 8. Please read posts 1 and 2 before posting.

Options

Comments

• pm2326
    pm2326 Posts: 1,096 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Had a munchie day yesterday!

B - 2 crispbreads
    L - Cinnamon Bagel
    T - Breaded chicken breast, chips (12), onion rings (3)

S - 165g bag Peanut M&M's, 2 bottles Coors Lager, 2 spoonfuls peanut butter straight from the jar :rotfl:

Not sure what was going on but had a tough week at work so think it was just my way of letting off steam, but so glad I only had one bag of sweets in the house or the damage could have been a lot worse.

Hoping today will be easier, calling into mums before going shopping so she'll probably have a bacon sandwich waiting for me. Shopping is for fresh stuff so tea will probably be salad or veg combo.

Hope you all have a good food day :)
  • ellie99
    ellie99 Posts: 1,551 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    fluffysox wrote: »

(Super-calorific, did I just make up that word? Reminds me of Mary Poppins lol)

It reminded me of Mary Poppins too :)

If...no, when...I get to target I'm going to struggle with maintaining I think. According to the experts I could eat what I ate yesterday every day and my weight would stay the same, I highly doubt it myself (pizza and chips every day?)...will be a lot of trial and error involved...but worth it of course :)

If you could live one day of your life over again, which day would you choose?
  • minicooper272
    minicooper272 Posts: 2,131 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    ellie sorry to hear your dad was unwell, hope he gets a bit better quickly! No one would blame you for having a quick on-the-go dinner after that, I'm sure the stress will have burned all the extra calories.

I am visiting family this weekend, met up with my OH yesterday, and it was not a good day for my waistline.

breakfast: sausage sarnie
    Lunch: shared a portion of chilli nachos for lunch with berry smoothie
    Snack: Made OH stick to a medium popcorn at the cinema (just because it's ONLY 50p more to go large doesn't mean we have to)
    Dinner: mince pie supper (scotch pie and chips) sat on a freezing cold bench (OH does not let you eat in the car)
    Snack: fudge

I don't see a single vegetable on that list, which is awful! But although this looks like an awful food combination, the little things, like a medium popcorn, only drinking water at the cinema, sharing our nacho lunch, they are an improvement! I am off to dinner tonight, and will need to grab lunch on the go tomorrow, but will try to work a bit of greenery in there.
  • Pollybear
    Pollybear Posts: 3,235 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Hi, although I haven't been posting I have been reading along and still watching what I eat and I am still sts. Obviously I'd ideally like to lose some but sts is OK.

I still really miss chocolate and I don't think I'll ever be able to control myself around it. A few days ago I saw an advert on television for Cadburys Dairy Milk which was always my favourite and said how much I'd like some. DH said "but you don't eat chocolate". My reply was that it didn't mean I didn't want to. He doesn't understand at all. He is someone who can eat one or two squares of chocolate. I have to have the whole bar and if it's a multipack then I have to have all the bars. Immediately. I wish I could control myself and enjoy a little bit but I have tried and proved I can't do it :(

I really miss it.
  • savesummore
    savesummore Posts: 1,132 Forumite
    Options
    Hi all

Ive been really busy this weekend so only just had chance to pop in!

Well ive walked loads this weekend- thurs night, fri night, loads yesterday plus about 1 hour today thats the good news this is the bad news...............

Yesterday
    B: 1 sausage, 2 bacon grilled, 1 fried egg, 2 white bread
    L: Jacket tata chesse and coleslaw (out to luch with a friend
    S: bag of jelly sweets, 1 1/2 hot cross buns
    T: (on way home from pub) massive naan bread with chicken tikka, salad and loads mayo
    In the pub: 2 halves larger, 3 barcardi and diet cokes, 1 pkt nuts

This was on top of being good Friday until after my tea when I had nuts, mint aero, toast and two cans of beer :o

Not sure whats the matter with me its like im trying to make myself fail :o

Today:

B: 2 sauasge, 1 bacon grilled, 1 poached eggs, 2 white bread
    S: 2 boiled sweets
    L: cheese toastie- on thin wholemeal bread, spoon of coleslaw, small chocolate biscuit bar
    T: just about to go round MIL so cooked dinner plus pudding

Am really really fed up with myself!!
    O/S weight loss 2.5 /10lbs (11st 8.0- 08.02)
  • fluffysox
    fluffysox Posts: 1,060 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Each day is a new start savesummore xx

Today:
    Brunch: Went out early to a carboot sale with mum and aunt. Bought nothing as nothing worth buying. But my aunt bought me sausage and egg on toast at the end.... and I ate it. (felt guilty but it was a nice treat)
    D: Baked potato, beans, little bit grated cheese, salad.
    S: A mini egg, the bottom half of a cupcake (DS1 eats top down- loves the icing) grapes, pear.
    Going to have a pack of Quavers if we have any.

Exercise: walk round carboot, gardening, housework, toddler play.
    2016 MFW OPd £2000, 2015 MFW OPd 3000 then bought new bigger house with bigger mortgage.
    MFW OPd 2014 £2000 2013 £9700 2012 £2848.39 2011 £2509.58 2010 £11000 2009 £112002008 £4939 :D
    Beautiful boys born May 2011 and October 2013 :)
  • sparrer
    sparrer Posts: 7,547 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    B - F&F, prunes, ff Greek yogurt
    D - jnr roast beef, potatoes, peas, carrots. Scoop ice cream with choc sauce
    T - 2 finger rolls, 1 x rf cheese & pickle, 1 x banana
    S - 1 choc digestive, melon
    E - 5x6 mins treadmill @ 2.5mph/incline
  • ellie99
    ellie99 Posts: 1,551 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Groan, so that's another disasterous weekend over :o

2 days eating around maintenance calories, and I appear to have put on 2 lbs this morning!
    I'm going to take fluffysox's advice of "each day is a new start"...again :o

Didn't manage a walk yesterday, had family here all day (until 11.30 pm :eek:), I'm tired after a few days with not enough sleep.
    Will definitely get out today though, the sun is shining! I'd forgotten what the sun looked like, it's been so long :-)

If you could live one day of your life over again, which day would you choose?
  • saffsie
    saffsie Posts: 70 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi
    -3 for me this week, had a busy weekend so i'm a bit late in posting
    x
  • Franigan
    Franigan Posts: 95 Forumite
    edited 10 March 2014 at 2:13PM
    Options
    Morniiiing!!!

Nice weekend, people? Would like to report what I had in the past 3 days :):

Friday:
    B: 1 Coffee, porridge with SS milk and honey
    L: 3 slices Large domino's Pizza (the quarter I didnt eat the other night! ;)) + apple + pear
    D: went out and had a burger with chunky chips + 1 large wine (so much for those "2 sips" from bf's drink I was supposed to have, hey!!) + 2 ginger beers

Saturday:
    L: 1 cracker with butter and creamy blue cheese + 2 carrots + 2 celery sticks (is that lunch?!?!)
    D: Roast chicken + roast potatoes + steamed carrots and broccoli

Sunday:
    L: 2 eggs on toast
    D: was meant to have soup but ended up at in-laws who warmed up a beef casserole and bolognese sauce and did some rice. Had a small amount of all 3 + 1 orange + 1 nectarine + 1 pear

Going to look for some info about doing planks without a real (or a long) warm up. I exercise 3 times a week as average, but I would like to do the plank challenge everyday without the need to sweat excessively or spend 50 to 60 mins doing exercise. This looks like a really stupid idea, but I will make a search and see whether it is very harmful or not.

Update of 13.15h: Had a look. I guess I should/could do a bit of warm up. Even for just 4-5 mins..

Later!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport