PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 2nd December 2012

Options

Comments

• cyclingyorkie
    Options
    Valli wrote: »
    *sniggers evilly*

We have BLUE SKIES here.

s'not all grim oop North
    :rotfl:

work shortly - I wish I wish I had a Stevenage-bought Lottery ticket in my hot little hand.

I would be distributing largesse like there's no tomorrow!

Blue skies here too!

Two washloads sorted, 2 men dispatched to work. Have done the washing up - why can't anyone else do it on the evening I go out?

Right - off to empty some bins and evict some gibble - it took all day yesterday to find DD2's file of important stuff (passport/ birth cert etc) so I have decided that some of the carp has top GO!
    :jFlylady and proud of it:j
  • Goodintentions
    Options
    I have collected the washing from upstairs. Well, from the baskets anyway. DD2's basket is empty, but I can't see the floor! She will moan if i haven't washed her stuff, but i refuse to pick up after her :mad: WM is on.
    DH has called to say he is in work now. Only took about 1 1/4 hours! (he could walk it in 25 mins!)

Just having a cuppa, then I will get some sticky stuff out :D I may venture out to Curry's soon, as I ordered a lappy for DS with 10% cashback last night (they usually give about 1.5%). He really wanted an iMac, but we can't justify the cost at the moment (or afford it!)
  • mummyroysof3
    Options
    Monday - living room, hallway, stairs
    Vacuum the stairs and hallway and living room
    Wash the windows
    Wipe the paintwork in the hallway and up the stairs

Monday 10 December Canada
    Write some cards, buy any remaining 'special family ones' before the shops sell out

Tuesday - Kitchen and Dining Room
    Declutter and mop/vacuum the floors
    Find and wipe the work surfaces
    Wipe the big appliances and units.. don't forget kick boards!
    Clean WM and DW filters and top up rinse aid/salt
    Sort the cupboard under the sink

Wednesday - Master bedroom and landing
    vacuum the landing and floor
    Clear and dust one flat surface
    Clean the windows
    Have a Bsc Hons open degree from the Open University 2015 :j:D:eek::T
  • bossymoo
    bossymoo Posts: 6,924 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Morning All

Just running my database in so thought I'd pop in to say hi. No snow here, bright skies in Leeds.

Will go look at the Wednesday list...
    Bossymoo

Away with the fairies :beer:
  • Honey_Bear
    Honey_Bear Posts: 7,081 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Dog is still improving and much better, thank you, Mrs MortonHarket. OH is away and so I was reading late in bed last night. She started licking her empty food bowl at 1.00 am, and as she's finally got an appetite I got up and cooked her a meal which she ate with gusto. She's still sleeping it off, snuffling quietly to herself on her fleece.

I managed to get hold of a discounted pre-loved Durt Devi1 H@ndy Z!p yesterday - what a fabby thing! The house is on three floors, but seven different levels and the stairs drive me absolutely insane. If I don't stay on top of the Flying, every tread has a nasty line of ground in dog and cat hair and this little gizmo just eats right through it and only weighs about 4lbs. I am in love.
    Better is good enough.
  • Mumto5
    Mumto5 Posts: 1,838 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    The primary school is shut. They notified us at 8.50. Fortunately I had already decided we are staying put. DS3 is in enough pain with his hip without contending with snow and ice. DD1 is going to L0ndon today with DSD fore more birthday celebrations. I cleared the snow off her car.
    I've done a dozen Christmas cards and sorted the washing. I've cleaned 2 pairs of muddy football boots. All dry washing taken off the maiden now folded into a huge ironing pile. HHI commencing now
  • The_Dragon
    The_Dragon Posts: 9,749 Forumite
    Options
    Yippee the bed linen was changed on Sunday so that doesn't need doing, the floordrobes are sorted and the wardrobe is sorted as well! We don't have a washing machine so everything has to wait for the weekend and the laundrette lol.

As I have a bit more mending to do I think that will be my job for this morning!
    Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for thou art crunchy and good with catsup :D
    NSD 15/20, OS WL 21-6 (4) :(C.R.A.P R.O.L.L.Z #44 Twisted Firestarter, VSP #57 - £39.43
    :p Every Penny's a Prisoner :p
  • LameWolf
    LameWolf Posts: 11,234 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Honey_Bear wrote: »
    Dog is still improving and much better, thank you, Mrs MortonHarket. OH is away and so I was reading late in bed last night. She started licking her empty food bowl at 1.00 am, and as she's finally got an appetite I got up and cooked her a meal which she ate with gusto. She's still sleeping it off, snuffling quietly to herself on her fleece.
    Bless her; good to hear that she wants her food.:T It's such a worry when they won't eat.

I'm here under false pretences - supposed to be doing just my important emails, and NO flying, as it's Mr LW's birthday, and he's got today as Annual Leave.:T

He's currently playing "Conflict: Desert Storm" on the PS2, so I'd better go and do what I'm meant to, and shut the 'puter down so that we can go out (snow isn't too bad here).:o

Oh.... btw, I did today's flying (bathroom) yesterday.:p
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)
  • Mumto5
    Mumto5 Posts: 1,838 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Happy birthday to Mr Lamewolf.

Spilt my cup of tea over the ironing board so the cover is in the WM.

DS3 has made his own snow with polystyrene. It's everywhere so the Hoover is now covered in little white balls.

DS1 was going to college today but there is no bus service because of the snow. I have helped him tidy his room.
  • skint_breeder_5
    Options
    DS has been decluttered to nursery, had a bite of food out on the run as my reward. Roads are rough everywhere, sat having nice cuppa staring out over the sea and the offshore windfarm - heard Beatles "Here Comes the Sun" on the radio, and I thought someone is really having a laugh today when there is snow on the ground and about 5 minutes later the Sun came out

the power of positive thinking? or the power of wishful thinking :D

done a little bit in here, hoovered mattress that I didn't do last week before my energy ran out, sheets in the wash, hoovered round my room and upstairs landing.

decluttering a fruit tea now and a quick lurk, before looking for my GUAG to get DS from nursery.

Will hopefully potter in here a bit later while DS watches his programmes and has a nap (PLEASE sleep child!)

Happy flying - and not too much extra washing from snowball fights!
    The cold never bothered me anyway
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport