Cheap Airport Parking: Luton Airport hints, tips and local parking

Options

Comments

• gaz_jones
    gaz_jones Posts: 5,179 Forumite
    Options
    I always use a company called central car storage. You park your car there and they give you a lift up to the airport in a minibus. They also pick you up when you return obviously. Always a good idea to ring them when your waiting for your bags though if its cold outside. Better them wait for you than you wait for them LOL

Unsure on price but sure you can google it =)
    This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
  • benmullen
    Options
    I booked into Luton Airparks via Holiday Extra
    on 12 October and paid £42. I now see they are quoting £36.50. So its not always cheaper to book early. I wonder if they will refund me the difference if I ask them?
  • BattleToy
    Options
    Can somebody please give me a update about Luton Airport Parkway train station as I am planning to go to Luton Airport in April this year? Is it still secure to park my car in this station? Many thanks in advance.
  • asking04
    asking04 Posts: 27 Forumite
    edited 4 June 2009 at 1:02PM
    Options
    BattleToy wrote: »
    Can somebody please give me a update about Luton Airport Parkway train station as I am planning to go to Luton Airport in April this year? Is it still secure to park my car in this station? Many thanks in advance.
    Am planning using this also - any updates would be great!

How much is it now? Do you pay in advance?
  • KTF
    KTF Posts: 4,820 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    The multi story is as secure as any I guess and its manned 24/7.

Charges are:
    £6.00 - Daily Monday - Friday
    £3.00 - Off-peak Monday - Friday after 1000
    £2.00 - Off-peak (Mon - Fri evenings after 1700, Saturday, Sunday, public holidays)
    £27.50 - Weekly Season
    £100 - Monthly Season
    From: http://www.firstcapitalconnect.co.uk/Main.php?iCmsPageId=350

You used to be able to buy parking in advance when you arrived (rather than pay on exit) which saved a few pounds off the weekly parking cost. I havent used it for a while now so not sure if you can still do that.

Either way its cheaper than the on airport parking.
  • Japtastic
    Japtastic Posts: 43 Forumite
    Options
    Can I just turn up on Friday to the Luton Parkway NCP car park and pay for two weeks?
  • KTF
    Options
    Yes, you can do that.
  • Japtastic
    Japtastic Posts: 43 Forumite
    edited 22 July 2009 at 11:33PM
    Options
    I hope it works out as I guess it's a risk if it's full then I have to pay full fare at the long stay at Luton?

What other ways are there to pay/reserve/book?
  • KTF
    Options
    The car park is massive so I would be amazed if it was full. Its mainly used by commuters going to/from London as a lot of people dont realise it can be used as an alternative to the airport parking.
  • BlaEm
    BlaEm Posts: 213 Forumite
    Options
    Hi everyone,

I thought I would post a more updated update as I have just got back from a 9 day stay at the Parkway!

When we arrived (on a Saturday) there was no guard to buy a weekly ticket from -a sign on the office said Monday-Friday, so I guess it isn't 24/7 after all!

Instead, if you go to the pay points there is a button to press for 'other' services, here you can get a weekly ticket. You pay for it in advance, then when you return you insert it back into the pay point to validate it / pay for any extra days.

There was only an option for weekly/monthly etc, not for a two week ticket so I'm not sure if you'd have to just pay the £6/£2 for any extra days. Perhaps give them a call? Search for National Carparks on saynoto0870.com for the freephone/landline number. On the pay point there is a buzzer which connects you to them, if there isn't a guard there to sell you two weeklies they may be able to do it through the pay point.

Another quick point: there was nowhere to buy a ticket just for the shuttle bus (normally people's train tickets to the airport are valid for it), but we were told to just get on anyway..wouldn't like to recommend it in case there is a fine, but no one seemed to be checking.

Oh, and also, when I got back on the Monday afternoon expecting to have to pay for the extra days, I was not charged anything! :) I assume it has something to do with arriving on the weekend, but either way I was very pleased it only cost me £27.50 to park for my holiday :D
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback