Has Marks and Spencer refused you a refund? Post details here.

Options

Comments

• jenniewb
    jenniewb Posts: 12,836 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    neat wrote: »
    Why do you work at M & S if you hate the customers so much! What happened to CUSTOMER SERVICE, if your bosses knew who you were and you were saying you would be sacked!! M & S is a business that relies on customers!!! without them it wouldn't succeed, and if you are treating customers badly for what ever reason you should leave. M & S is a great store but it needs to keep its good image and that goes for the people it employs!

Personally? I now don't bother to read the posts by Wolves fan, after reading one of them about someone elses comments (think it was when the first 20% off day was happening and he called them a "liar" (turns out the 20% off day did happen, and on the day mentioned by the original poster)) I just think he? does it for attention, if we all just ignored him, maybe he will just go away, and bother some other site.

I used to work for m&s, the worst job I had, the pay was better then most other places, but OMG it was SO DULL! I actually took a pay cut to move, so I can only imagine Wolves fan is so bored at his job that he gets his kicks (and attention) here, or he is stuck in a dead job as his mum hooked him up with his current one. Does make me wonder who will lose their jobs in the 1000+ cull of staff though...!
  • ThinkingOfLinking
    Options
    I'm reliably told by a female friend who was in M&S yesterday, that the staff are warning purchasers of sale items/women's clothes that refunds will not be given.

Which is seemingly causing some annoyance ... because the ladies now have to use the changing rooms instead of their usual "trying it on at home & taking it back if it doesn't fit."

I can see why they're annoyed. It's bloody freezing outside, everyones wearing umpteen layers of clothes, getting undressed and dressed again in a teeny little cubicle is a major hassle. My friend was going to buy loads of stuff but came back empty handed. Their loss.

They told us there are no returns (exchanges even) on sale items in the Liverpool branch yesterday...
  • ThinkingOfLinking
    Options
    I took a bra back a while ago and the snotty sales assistant smellt it and said it smelt worn. It did not as it did not fit and I had not worn it. People get annoyed when sales assistants treat the consumers with contempt. She gave me the refund but she was a right b****

Maybe they should be tagging the bras then as they are not tagged; you know the tags they use on the straps of camis and nighties? Put one on the bra strap to stop people returning it worn; not saying you did but it would help stop accusations?
  • andy65_2
    Options
    I do not find any problem of M&S returns policy.
  • bubblegumcola
    Options
    They are only not letting you return the sale stock as it has gone down to final reduction prices, 1 quid for bras, etc. So unless you are absolutely sure it fits when it has been put to final reductions try it on before you buy it!!! Is it really that difficult to go into the changing room?? It was made very clear to everyone buying in the Hamilton store this week when I was in the queue - they told every customer final reductions were non-returnable. Debenhams also do this when their sale prices get very reduced, its not just M&S.

During normal sales before the final reductions there is no problem taking stock back with a receipt for a full refund within the 90 days, without a receipt a credit note refund for the current selling price. They still have a very good refund policy, far better than most.
  • hollydays
    hollydays Posts: 19,812 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    omg-there are some right nutters on this thread..customer dis-service..

Marks' staff have gone right down the pan..
    ps-you are there to serve customers,not POLICE them.The majority of customers are honest,just because some are not, doesn't give you the right to treat every customer like a potential suspect.
    Power trip or what..
    For the record,cameras dont record sound....(gullible),surprised wolves fan hasn't pointed that out..
  • pineapple123
    Options
    Just wanted to say I buy alot of M&S clothing mostly on there great sales reductions and have found the majority of staff over the years most polite and helpful, they inform you that you can not return sale items and treat you no different just because you are getting a bargain, sure you get the odd frosty one but compared to other shops and especially my local Tesco CS they are really good.
    May I just add last week when I shopped I was disgusted by some of the customers 2 women having a full scale arguement for ages over a coat each pulling at it and a woman grabbing a dressing gown out of my hand and demanding that she saw it first, told her to have it if it was that important to her, so I can understand some staff getting miffed having to serve these idiots.
  • ThinkingOfLinking
    Options
    Pineapple, that's why I avoid shops for the first few hours of the sales at least; I don't like the animalistic,playground scrumming these events can bring. It's so sad (in more ways than one). I like online shopping to get my hands on what I want without having my hands ripped off by some crazy bargain hunter!)
  • marga112
    Options
    Has anyone noticed that the refund policy has changed in marks and spencer now? They are suggesting to me that there are clear notices around the store, which have completely passed me by. I returned something last week and as its passed the date on the receipt, i cant have vouchers.

"From Sunday 12 April, our refund policy changed to a 35 day time limit on returns. This means that any product can be returned, with some exceptions, within 35 days if it is in a resalable condition with a valid receipt. If the date on the receipt is over the 35 days, as you outlined, no refund can be given. This refund policy does not affect your statutory rights.
    Before agreeing this change, we researched our returns records and found that the vast majority of our customers already return items, with their receipts, within 28 days. Our new policy remains one of the best on the high street with a refund period of 35 days compared to the most of our competitors who offer 28 days. "
  • rammy007
    rammy007 Posts: 1,050 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I returned something last week and as its passed the date on the receipt, i cant have vouchers.

This apparently was the case but now all stores were sent info that people who had an out of date receipt were to be given a credit voucher at the last know price(change of policy which happened this week).
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure