We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2½

Comments

• Claire1972
    Claire1972 Posts: 2,749 Forumite
    wendyak wrote: »
    Do you mean weekend offers ? Mine dont put them out until the Saturday x

No the offers that started today absolutely nothing marked up in my store x
    We're just happy to have a home, a family and our health. Whatever else is just added and it fits. :)
  • Chrisv
    Chrisv Posts: 5,124 Forumite
    Name Dropper Second Anniversary Bake Off Boss! Photogenic
    Savvybuyer wrote: »
    That's definitely different from this isn't it?:
    https://groceries.asda.com/product/corners/muller-corner-banana-yogurt-with-chocolate-flakes/910000562171

I can't remember if the one at my link was there yesterday or not. I think I am looking at it in too much detail as trying to see if it is still off a.com today. I think the trigger is Crunch Corner Vanilla Chocolate Balls & Banana Chocolate Flakes 135g (as pictured in your post) rather than Corner Banana Yogurt with Chocolate Flakes 135g.

I am about to confuse everyone:rotfl:. Just stick to the one you've shown and it's fine.

Is this pic clearer Savvy :)

eggs.jpg
  • izzeyb
    izzeyb Posts: 5,265 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture
    edited 18 January 2018 at 6:36PM
    Claire1972 wrote: »
    I went into my local and couldn’t see any of this weeks offers :mad:

I got some cherries this morning, there were rather a lot of empty boxes though. They also had the pears, sweetcorns cobettes and some asparagus.

Hopefully they may stock up for the morning.

I have noticed sometimes at weekend the store I use are slow at marking up the Saturday and Sunday offers.

• curl_girl
    curl_girl Posts: 4,622 Forumite
    Sixth Anniversary First Post
    Evening peeps

If something is reduced in A but full price online does the apg pick up the reduced instore price or the online price please?
    Tia.
    curl girl with a space - even though there is no space in my cupboard!!!
  • emerald21
    emerald21 Posts: 11,349 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    mhoc wrote: »
    OO a ready meal is a hard one ...

We went in yesterday to get OH his cloudy lemonade 2L - his preferred drink now and I also got brandy mincepies for 30p - all my stores are rubbish at doing RTC. There was a very nice chap on the till and he was very enthusiastic about the coupons and how quickly the points build up - the till gave me another 50p off breakfast cereals.
    I was going to get the porridge oats I got when I had the last coupon but instead I got the cornflakes - possibly not the best choice but OH eats them by the handful as late night snacks so at least he is not eating biscuits.
    So the chap scanned the cornflakes and the MOC and the 2 blue cards and said why don't you use some of your points to pay for the cornflakes - didn't realise you could use points, MOC and cards all in one transaction.
    Free cornflakes :T

Co-op are also now doing two 2l bottles of milk for £2 - so I've got a good excuse to try the cards at least once a week
    (yes I know milks £1.50 for 2 in FarmFoods but its not as easy to get to and because of this I would spend a lot more than £1.50 in there ..)

I saw fairly big boxes of Kellogg’s cornflakes in Heron for 69p
  • emerald21
    sparklyfee wrote: »
    Afternoon everyone.

A little warning to anyone thinking of getting a nexus 7 for AP....the one I bought does not have anywhere to insert a SIM card. So I can't use it. Only found this out after downloading AP and adding my card so I won't be able to play now I don't think.

Unless anyone knows of another way. Fed up!!!

You don’t need a SIM card for it. I used my nexus7 . I said earlier that I used a nexus 7.
  • emerald21
    sparklyfee wrote: »
    Sorry, just a quick question.

Now I've registered my only visa for AP on a useless device, is that me out of the game?

Thank you

No use your nexus 7
  • curl_girl wrote: »
    Evening peeps

If something is reduced in A but full price online does the apg pick up the reduced instore price or the online price please?
    Tia.

If you are referring to whoopsies....It's a bit hit and miss...Sometimes it picks up the full price and sometimes items just show as N/A.....I think its just a gamble to see and probably best to buy whoopsies in a seperate shop..
    [STRIKE]68 [STRIKE]Mouses[/STRIKE] [/STRIKE]

OMG, I'm rich! Silver in the hair, Gold in the teeff, Crystals in the Kidney, Sugar in the blood, Lead in the butt, Iron in the arteries and an inexhaustible supply of natural gas! I never thought I would accumulate such wealth!! :rotfl::rotfl:
  • sparklyfee
    sparklyfee Posts: 1,123 Forumite
    Hi emerald,

Thanks for your reply. When I signed in and added card it said that it couldn't be used in shops and was online only? Just assumed that was because there is no SIM card slot anywhere.

Will it work in shops with no internet then? I've turned it back on now and it's letting me start the tap and win promotion but I'm scared to click it!
  • sparklyfee
    sparklyfee Posts: 1,123 Forumite
    emerald21 wrote: »
    No use your nexus 7

It said that the device must have HCE...does yours have a pop out slot for a sim on the side?

Thanks and sorry for all the questions. Was soooo looking forward to this!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 345.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 251K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 451K Spending & Discounts
  • 237.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 612.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 174.3K Life & Family
  • 251K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16K Discuss & Feedback
  • 15.1K Coronavirus Support Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.