Comments

• bristolleedsfan
    bristolleedsfan Posts: 12,097 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    edited 6 May 2017 at 11:01AM
    Options
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=72392793&postcount=3435

Letter received today from Ombudsman Services - Communications

Origin Broadband disputed complaint falls within O.S - C - terms of reference.

O.S - C agreed with Origin Broadband - reasons given are

" It is the responsibility of topcashback.co.uk to provide you with the refund, Origin Broadband does not have anything to do with the incentive offer" You will need to visit the following website in order to get your missing cashback"

www.topcashback.co.uk/help/22

" As we cannot continue with the investigation you are now free to follow other routes to try and resolve your complaint"

Meanwhile -

Submitted
    Merchant Order Date Purchase Amt. Cashback Due Status 13 Feb 2017
    Origin Broadband 04 Oct 2016 £172.49 £35.00 Waiting for Merchant

Seemingly best thing for me to do now is issue a LBA letter to both TCB and Origin Broadband in order to receive what TCB stated on the listing could be "earned"

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=earned+definition&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-b-ab&gfe_rd=cr&ei=8J4NWdaiJfDGXoTNmNAG
  • B_M
    B_M Posts: 714 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=72392793&postcount=3435

Letter received today from Ombudsman Services - Communications

Origin Broadband disputed complaint falls within O.S - C - terms of reference.

O.S - C agreed with Origin Broadband - reasons given are

" It is the responsibility of topcashback.co.uk to provide you with the refund, Origin Broadband does not have anything to do with the incentive offer" You will need to visit the following website in order to get your missing cashback"

I agree, it is the responsibility of any cashback site to obtain and pay a promoted cashback for genuine purchases.
    But, I would still go back to the Ombudsman and argue that it's the company who offers incentives (affiliate marketing) for taking out purchases and if they haven't paid TCB's affiliate network, then how can TCB pay you? If they can prove they have paid the commission, then they aren't at fault and the issue lies with either the affiliate network or TCB.

Failing that, a LBA should work and a Small Claim, if it gets that far, should be an almost certainty.

Good luck and no doubt you'll update.

A warning to others though and worth checking to see if cashback can be guaranteed elsewhere.
    I only know of Imutual's guarantee:

http://www.imutual.co.uk/help/4/1561/

Not all merchants are listed though and sometimes cashback rates are less, although sometimes higher than both TCB or Quidco.
    No payments from financial products from cash back sites? Put in a complaint direct and if they don't resolve your issue, head straight to the financial ombudsman - it costs the company £550 in referral fees, win or lose.
  • TopCashBack_Company_Representative
    TopCashBack_Company_Representative Posts: 2,184 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hey everyone,

@bristolleedsfan - If there is anything you would like us to look into please drop us an email at mse@topcashback.co.uk

@B_M - Thanks for sharing your advice and guidance about this. It's really appreciated :)

Best wishes,
    Matt
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of TopCashBack. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • Mickmurphy191
    Options
    Hi there, I'm looking for clarification on a TopCashback issue. I used the app to get cash back on my car insurance, however when I completed the quote and went to pay, an error message came up saying that my card details were not recognised therefore I couldn't complete the transaction. I used the chat function on the website, and the member of staff told me this was a known issue with customers who came to the Aviva website using a cash back website, and that they could process the transaction, yet I would need to contact TopCashback to arrange the cash back itself, yet TopCashback has told me on twitter that it was nothing to do with them and it is all Avivs fault, could anyone clarify? Thanks, Michael
    Options
    Hello Mick,

I am really sorry you were told this by the Live Chat Team at the merchant. I am afraid in cases like this the commission normally goes to the Live Chat team rather than the cashback site and as it's the commission that we pass on this results in no commission being awarded.

While you could attempt to challenge this via a missing cashback claim it is unlikely we will be able to convince the merchant that we are eligible for the funds I am afraid.

Best wishes,
    Matt
    I am the official company representative of TopCashBack. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • bristolleedsfan
    bristolleedsfan Posts: 12,097 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    edited 9 May 2017 at 5:50PM
    Options
    B_M wrote: »

Good luck and no doubt you'll update.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=72507776&postcount=3473

Easy to see why TCB won Moneyfacts Consumer Cashback Site of the year award two years running . :rotfl:

Many Thanks :T

09 May 2017

The following cashback insertion has been allocated to your TopCashback account, with respect to this Missing CashBack Claim. Please allow this to progress to ‘Payable’, and when happy to do so, please close this claim using the ‘Close this claim’ button above.

Event Date04 Oct 2016
    Cashback Amount £35.00
    Purchase Amount £172.49

09 May 2017
    Hi there,

We have received notification of a transaction which seems to match your claim and this has been added to your account. We ask that you please allow this to progress normally to the ‘Payable’ status; you should then be able to request payment for this amount.
    When you are happy to do so, please close this claim using the ‘Close this claim’ button above.
    Kind regards,
    The Missing CashBack Claim Team
  • star2000
    star2000 Posts: 56 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Argos Pet Insurance Claim

Further to my complaint to Argos Pet Insurance I have now received the following response
    It has been confirmed that whilst we are not responsible for the actions of Topcashback, including issuing payments to customers, there was a failure in our process to verify the sale of your policy with Topcashback. This process is part of the validation stated in the terms and conditions outlined on Topcashback’s website. Please rest assured that we have provided feedback regarding the clear failure of this process on this occasion in the hope that we can ensure this does not happen again in the future. Due to this, Argos Pet Insurance do accept some responsibility for you not having received your cashback within the normal time frame.

They have offered my an additional £20 compensation so £55.35 compensation in total which i have accepted. It have also received the cashback as a goodwill payment from Topcashback. The whole process has taken less than a week.

The learning from this seems to be to always go direct to the merchant themselves to complain if you don't get the cashback as Topcashback seem unable to resolve these situations themselves within any sort of reasonable timeframe
  • greenery
    greenery Posts: 976 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I get the following message in my account
    Your Top Cashback Account Has Not been Authenticated

I have clicked the send email button but got no email. I have checked spam
    I have been using my account for many years so I dont know wht I suddenly need the verify the email?

The same thing happened to my OH. He has been trying for weeks to verify his account by following TCB's instructions to sent them an email,but he has not got anywhere
    Options
    Hey everyone,

@bristolleedsfan - I am pleased this is in your account now if you need any further help please let us know.

@star2000 - Most claims do get resolved within the 12-16 weeks period we ask members to allow. Sometimes they take longer and I am sorry about that but we are part of a much bigger system and we need to follow the system, like every other commission source.

@greenery - If you could email me at mse@topcashback.co.uk I should be able to get this sorted for you very quickly :)

Best wishes,
    Matt
  • GADGET29
    Options
    Took out ee broadband which had a good cashback offer. It hasnt appeared in my account but i cannot send a ticket because it asks for a dx number and i do t have a clue what this is. Ive tried emailing tcb from many sources as there is no direct email for solving such problems. I lost a big cadh back amount last year with bt with the same problem. Im a little tired of this no contact barrier with tcb. Whats the point of customer service link if you cannot get to contact them..
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback