Paying for a uniform - KFC?

Options
124»

Comments

• askingalexandra
    Options
    jenny-wren wrote: »
    Do any MSE forum users know anybody who's worked for KFC and can tell me if this is true i.e. are staff really expected to pay £100 for their uniform?

I've tried to check KFC's recruitment information but I can't find anything.

Cheers

Hello. No you pay nothing for your uniform, I have worked for KFC uk for nearly 2 years and never paid for any of my uniforms even the safety shoes and posh name badges :)
  • jojo191
    jojo191 Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    Hi my two sons work for KFC. They both had £60 deducted from their minimum wages at £10 a week when they started. One started Sept 2011 and so far has only received shoes, the other started Oct 2011 and has also only received shoes. They have one shirt each which was handed over from a previous owner, one is an extra large and my son is very tall and skinny so looks ridiculous. I had to buy them black trousers and they both ruined the black shoes they had whilst awaiting the uniform shoes which only arrived about 2 months ago. They were told they would be refunded the money if/when they left and returned the uniforms. I totally agree it is ridiculous but despite complaining to their manager several times nothing seems to be resolved.
  • julie1338
    Options
    I'm a manager at KFC also, and I had to pay £40 when I first started for my uniform taken in two installments from my first two wage payments.
  • anotheruser
    anotheruser Posts: 3,485 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 29 November 2013 at 1:18PM
    Options
    getzls wrote: »
    If you are on the minumum wage and they deduct money from your wage that then puts you under the min. wage, without me doing the research on this, i believe this is illegal.:question:
    Yes, it is.
    Butlins charged live-in team about £3 a week for electric and board but because it came straight from the wages it meant everyone got paid less than the minimum wage. As such, Butlins ended up paying everyone back.

motorguy wrote: »
    You might want to read DavidHob's post above and then maybe retract this?
    And YOU may want to read post 9.

Tut... just seen the post dates.
    WHY DO SPAMMERS BUMP OLD THREADS LIKE THIS?
    MSE should have a "nothing added in the last 90 days = locked" policy.
  • Cotta
    Cotta Posts: 3,667 Forumite
    Options
    Who can accuse us in NI of living in the past? An old subject from 2008 about work uniforms is still going strong five years later.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure