The "Pay ALL your debt off by Xmas 2012" challenge - PART 2!!!

Options

Comments

• kerri_dfw
    kerri_dfw Posts: 4,556 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Turns out the OH isn't very happy with me selling underwear to some oddball on the web, even if I do put them on the dog and don't actually wear them myself. No £20 for me then, nevermind.

Ooh I need to think of this weeks challenge.... urm... we've done diaries, meal plans, eating out of food and cupboards, urm.... what shall we have next...

Ah I know...

Mini Challenge 30/01/2012 - 06/01/2012: declutter yourself
    Now the sales are over and the unwanted xmas pressies have been flogged, let's get some fleabaying on the go. This weeks mini challenge is to sort through and photograph items for fleabay. Then try to list at least 1 thing a day. You can list up to 100 items a month at 99p for free. Don't forget to price your postage accurately, I normally weigh all my items then add on 50-75p to cover the cost of packaging. This also means that if I weigh an item inaccurately I've got a bit spare just in case.
    Enjoy!
    Diary: Getting back on track for 2013 and beyond
    DEBT FREE 13-10-13 :dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:
    Beautiful daughter born 11.1.14
    Mortgage: [STRIKE]£399,435.91[/STRIKE] £377218.83
    Deposit loan from Dad: £9000[STRIKE]£10000[/STRIKE]
  • rdchick
    rdchick Posts: 1,815 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Yay for mini challenge :) I need to do lots more, just realised I took loads of pics of stuff I wanted to sell and have since deleted them... what an egg!

Just seen that I am in the belly busting gang as well as the debt one...

6lb/46lb for me so far :)
    Life is too short not to love what you do.
  • PedroMatias
    Options
    kerri_dfw wrote: »
    I didn't mean on the date, if you hide your eyes when looking on here you won't be able to see his [STRIKE]pretty[/STRIKE] HANDSOME face :p

Grrr... manly man :D
  • HelenPie
    HelenPie Posts: 502 Forumite
    Options
    Mini Challenge 30/01/2012 - 06/01/2012: declutter yourself
    Now the sales are over and the unwanted xmas pressies have been flogged, let's get some fleabaying on the go. This weeks mini challenge is to sort through and photograph items for fleabay. Then try to list at least 1 thing a day. You can list up to 100 items a month at 99p for free. Don't forget to price your postage accurately, I normally weigh all my items then add on 50-75p to cover the cost of packaging. This also means that if I weigh an item inaccurately I've got a bit spare just in case.
    Enjoy!

You've read my mind! :D It's my mission this week to pick up my old FLYlady habits and get my house clean, and the idea was to end the week with a big fleabay session. I will have to play catch up at the weekend then...

Thanks Kerri. x
    :j
    Debt Free By Xmas 2013 #010 £16,660.26/£16,660.26 100% paid, DFD 25/06/13! :D
    :j
  • PedroMatias
    Options
    Turns out the OH isn't very happy with me selling underwear to some oddball on the web, even if I do put them on the dog and don't actually wear them myself. No £20 for me then, nevermind.

Haha, you could've turned it into a successful business with that mark-up! And here lies the shady side of debt clearance...
  • kerri_dfw
    Options
    Haha, you could've turned it into a successful business with that mark-up! And here lies the shady side of debt clearance...
    Well OH said the current going rate is £50, so I've told the bloke £50 or no dice. I just won't tell the OH ;) That's 1/4 of my freemans debt!!! There is no waaaaaay I'm sending a picture though but it does save on washing. Oh my what have I sunk to hahaha
  • rdchick
    rdchick Posts: 1,815 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hahaha I would do that too :D I would change your 'from' address for a bit though just incase lol! It is crazy how we look at money and how important getting rid of debt has become! xxx
    Life is too short not to love what you do.
  • camuk81
    camuk81 Posts: 1,559 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 30 January 2012 at 1:49PM
    Options
    Afternoon all,

Bit of an MSE dilemma! Had a good weekend all paid for to celebrate a friends birthday, we have come back at a silly hour last night to discover the dryer has once again died! We have spent nearly £100 on parts over the last two years and only fixed it 5 months ago! I've some money left over so a bit of advice do I use the money I have left over to use on the dryer or go for spare parts again!

Oh just a quick update as well No 149 new total is £4544.87

Need to work out now what else I throw to clear a lot more off this month!
  • camuk81
    camuk81 Posts: 1,559 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    rdchick wrote: »
    Hahaha I would do that too :D I would change your 'from' address for a bit though just incase lol! It is crazy how we look at money and how important getting rid of debt has become! xxx

Just a sub thought that came up this weekend, has anyone else noticed people turning to alternative means to supplement their income. Not always the most legit methods either!
  • kerri_dfw
    Options
    camuk81 wrote: »
    Just a sub thought that came up this weekend, has anyone else noticed people turning to alternative means to supplement their income. Not always the most legit methods either!
    I'm not going to start walking the streets ;) Although I have now dreamed up a website design for flogging knickers to weirdos. I'm not going to do it though.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts