~Avon Hints & Tips (Part 6) ~

Options
Aesop
Aesop Posts: 23,773 Forumite
Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
edited 10 October 2010 at 11:04AM in Boost your income
The previous thread can be found here.

Welcome to the Avon Hints and Tips threads. We are a friendly bunch on here, a mixture of Representatives and Sales Leaders. No question is ever a silly question, we welcome all questions, although you should check out the first posts as your questions maybe answered here. Yes, there is quite a lot to read and take in, but you don't need to digest it all in one go, come back and read in your own time. Have a question? Check the Frequently Asked Questions as it may already be answered here.

What is Avon?

A catalogue with toiletries/makeup/beauty items/some clothes/accessories. A representative orders for customers and earns discount on all items sold.

Representatives buy the catalogues from Avon and canvass friends, family, neighbours, work, local streets/local businesses, baby clubs, gyms, etc for orders.

How to Sign Up with Avon

You can contact Avon through their website, http://www.avon.uk.com/PRSuite/home_page.page

or look in your local newspapers, local shops, Tesco, Sainsbury's, etc for an advert from a Sales Leader looking for Representatives to join their team.

If you contact Avon through their website,you will be allocated an Area Sales Manager or a Sales Leader who will come out and visit you, give you more information and sign you up. Sales Leaders are generally easier to contact and provide more help but all comes down to who you get! Some ASMs are great and very supportive.

What costs are involved in starting with Avon?

You pay a £15 sign up fee when joining, you pay this over the first two campaigns and this covers the Administration costs. And your ASM or SL will supply you with at least 20 brochures for each of your first 2 campaigns.

NOTE: You MUST declare your earnings as you are classed as being self employed, whether actually employed, self employed or on benefits already. You can be fined for not doing so and AVON does advise you to sign up as self employed.

TO REGISTER AS SELF EMPLOYED - CALL THE NUMBER BELOW

they are very helpful and will talk you through the process.

Newly self-employed tax helpline: 0845 915 4515

or use online registration

http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/selfemployed/...er-selfemp.htm

How do I earn money?

For every order you place over £78 to £145, you will receive a discount of 20%. For orders place over £146, you will earn 25% discount.

When you place an order with Avon, you will see that there is an Avon Price, which is the brochure price, Customer Price, which is what your customer has to pay, and Your Cost Price. Your Cost Price is how much it would cost you to purchase the product, this is not the same as the customer price as it is discounted. Your invoice will show you how much discount you have earned, this is money you get to keep once you have collected the money from your customers and paid avon.

How to distribute and collect your books, VERY IMPORTANT!

Right, before you distribute your books, you need to prep them and make sure you get them back.

First of all you need to buy protective bags for your books, you can buy plastic freezer bags with a ziploc top from Poundland or 99p shop or from Avon direct, they have the Avon logo on, item code 76935. Pack of 50 bags for 80p. These are just large enough to take an Avon book. Or buy your bags from ebay. Here is a seller recommended by Reps Elliebee,

http://www.stationeryboxesandbags.co...eal-c-264.html

Their 8 x 11 bag is just the right size (there is even an Avon brochure pictured beside it) and I found the company themselves very helpful.

and Sylvergrunge

http://www.stormtrading.co.uk/grip-s...x-11-107-p.asp

they offer free p&P

First of all you need to prep your book. Get your Order form and put your contact details, usually your name, mobile number and/or email address is sufficient. Make sure you mark on the bottom of the order form when you will be coming back to collect the book, and when you will be delivering the order. If you want to pass on a message to your customers, ie Spend £20 and receive a free gift, there is a space for a message on the order form.

Place the order form in the book.

On the front of the book, place a sticky note or a piece of paper, clearly saying that you will be coming back to collect the book on xx date, if they could please leave outside to save you disturbing them, even if they do not wish to order. Also a message about if they would not like to receive any more avon books, to tick this box and leave their house number, so you know not to leave a book there.

Also, if it is your first time delivering books to new territory, you might like to put a note introducing yourself, ie Hi, I am xx, your Independent Avon Representative and I will be covering your road. I can be contacted on xxxxxxx.

This gives people a chance to know who you are and what you are doing and that hopefully you are going to be a regular rep who sticks at it.

Put your book in the plastic bag and away you go. The note on the front is very important for trying to get as many of your books left out for you as possible. MOST people don't realise that with Avon, we have to pay for our own books and so won't leave them out. If you don't tell them, they don't know.

Some people like to door knock and introduce themselves. You should still put your books in a plastic bag, so they have the option of leaving the book out for you, although some people don't like to, so you may need to knock for these books.

Others, like me, like to stuff and run. By this we mean, put in the letterbox, and go. Then we come back a few days later to collect the book. If your book hasn't been left outside on your confirmed day, knock on the door and ask for it back. If no one is at home, put a note through their door, saying you called for their order, sorry you missed them, if they would like to contact you, give your details, or if they could just leave the book outside for you to collect.

This is very important, especially when you are first starting out, especially if you only have 20 books, you cannot afford to lose them all.

Good luck!

Comments

• Aesop
    edited 10 October 2010 at 11:15AM
    Options
    Reps - Independent Avon Representatives

SL(s) - Independent Avon Sales Leaders

ASM(s) - Area Sales Managers

DSM(s) - Division Sales Manager

Territory - allocated roads that you are ALLOWED to canvass

Canvass(ing)- taking Avon books and showing them to potential customers, family/friends, work colleagues, anyone and everyone!

Brochures - Avon books which need to be ordered for each campaign

Campaign - there are 18 campaigns a year, a campaign is the advertising of an Avon Brochure each month, but campaigns can be shorter over the Christmas period

Length of Campaign - usually 3 weeks but can be 2 weeks over Christmas period

MOV - Minimum Order Value - £78, this is how much you must place in orders before you earn a 20% discount

HOV - High Order Value - £148, this is how much you must place in orders before you earn a 25% discount

Courier - the gentleman who delivers your orders to you

Order - something you place with Avon after collecting orders from customers

Sales Leaflets - these are booklets given free by Avon with brochures ordered, when they choose to have a sale on Avon products or Avon Clearance products.

HT - Hello Tomorrow. A magazine exclusively for Reps and SLs. It provides discounted products to purchase as demos and clearance products from as little as 75p for your personal use

Mailplan - determines when you need to place your order, is between A-O (one for each day of the campaign)

Trendsetter - a Rep in an area that sells 2 campaigns ahead of everyone else, will be mailplan J, K or L (but normal Reps can also be these mailplans)
  • Aesop
    edited 10 October 2010 at 11:25AM
    Options
    Here are FAQs.

Please check here first in case your question has already been asked, if it hasn't, please feel free to post.

Credit Checks and Limits

Avon do a mini credit check on you when you first sign up. The main thing they are looking for is: have you done Avon before and have you left owing Avon money.

Avon allocate you a credit limit, particularly on your first order. It can be £200 - £500, when your account number is through you can ask whoever signed you up to tell you your credit limit. The limit is your cost to Avon, so a limit of £200 means you can order approx £260 with no problems. If you get more orders – you can put them through, Avon will do a more in depth check, which could result in them increasing your limit, or they could keep it the same and you pay the difference up front. After your first campaign the credit limit isn’t a problem, as Avon expect your orders to increase each time, so they automatically increase your limit.

What happens if I put in an order for less than MoV (£78?)

Your order will still be delivered to you, if it is your main order, you won't be charged the £2.50 additional order P&P charge. HOWEVER, you will not earn any discount on this order. So it is worth your while finding some items especially demo items to bulk your order upto £78, so you earn your discount.

Will I get penalised for making returns as a Representative?

No, Avon won't stop your orders if you need to return items. I have a customer who every order is returning items! If Avon were to query it I can provide her details and they can contact her. Avon prefer us not to return things if we can try and sell them onto other people, but it is not always possible.

Also, if a product is faulty, a customer doesn't like it, doesn't fit properly, etc, then under Avon's 90 day guarantee, it can be returned for a full refund. ALTHOUGH, you will only be credited your Avon Price, you will not receive a full credit, although you must give your customer a full refund. The reason for this, Avon assume you have already received your discount from this customer's order, so you are paying the full refund out of your discount, plus the credit they give you.

I want to return an item for replacement or credit

That's fine. Log into your account, go to My Orders, Replacements or Credits, whichever you need. For Replacements, select Replacements. It will bring up a list of the last 3 invoices. You can search further back, select see more invoices. If your invoice is not showing, e-mail Avon through Contact Us, can be found right at the bottom of the page, with the details. They will arrange for it show on your account. Find the item you want replaced on your invoice, select the item, put the reason code, what you would like it replaced with, ie same item code or different item code. Update, click on go to next step, submit order to avon. If you select Immediate Replacement, it will be sent out in the post to you. If you select Replacement, it will be sent with your next delivery.

You then need to place the item in a safe packaging for return to Avon. You can return via the Post Office or for free via the courier. You are not allowed to post aerosols, these must be returned via the Courier. On your first invoice, you will find a sheet of barcodes at the back of the invoice. Keep these as you will need them for returns. Every time you do a return, they will send you another sheet of barcodes with your next delivery.

Put the barcode on the packaging that you are returning, ie Envelope or Avon box. Print out from My Orders, Order Tracking, Returns/Replacements, the returns/replacement/credit form. If you don't have a printer, you need to complete a Returns book, which should have been given to you when you first signed up.

Place the Avon copy inside the envelope/box, and keep your copy, the courier needs to sign this when he collects your item.

Avon have recharged me for a return but I have returned my items with the courier

E-mail Avon through Contact Us, and give them the barcode of the item returned, the date it was given to the courier and the item codes. They can trace this and will credit your account as appropriate.

I missed returning my items for credits/replacements/returns when due, Avon have now recharged me

That's fine, just make sure you return the items with the next courier delivery, and Avon will re-credit you, just make sure you have the barcode and returns forms as above with your item.

I haven't hit MoV or HoV with my Sales, if I purchase HT items and Books will this count towards my MoV or HoV?

Yes it will. Although it will seem as if it doesn't count, it does. Avon takes into account your total sales figures, this includes HT items and books, but you don't earn a discount on these. BUT they do help to make sure you reach MoV and HoV, and sometimes just purchasing extra books or one HT item can make all the difference!

What can I order from HT? Can I order more than one item?
    You can order as much as you like from Clearance, subject to availability. You can only order 1 demo item from HT, unless specified, ie a MoneyMaker, as these you can order in large quantities.

What is a MoneyMaker?

What is Creative Ordering and Back Ordering?

Can I reuse my last campaign books in this campaign?

Yes, you can and we highly recommend it! It is making the most of your books! Put half your territory or F&F on the old books, and the other half on the current book, keep an accurate record of who has what.
  • Aesop
    edited 24 October 2010 at 8:35AM
    Options
  • Aesop
    Options
    Elliebee has some VERY useful advice on a good way to run your business.

 When packing up your orders, put each Avon paper bag, new brochure, and any samples or gifts into its own carrier bag (recycle supermarket ones or buy cheap ones on the market). Write the name, door number and cost on the outside. This makes it easy to handle several at one time, as you can loop them on your arm, leaving your hands free to handle the money, and also keeps them dry in wet weather. Of course, for the bigger orders, you can use an Avon carrier bag!

 Each campaign, do a simple spreadsheet showing door number, name, and amount to pay, with a column to tick when delivered. Makes it easy to see what is delivered and what not. I also do totals showing the amount to collect and the amount to pay Avon, the difference being your profit (easier when it comes to the tax return!).

 At Christmas (although you could do it any time of year), I gave everyone who’d ordered, a sachet of hot chocolate and a mini Kit-Kat as an encouragement sit down and relax while looking at their brochure. I plan to repeat the idea for the occasional campaign, by just buying some fun size choc bars to pop in the bag with the order. Word of warning though – do warn people that it’s in there in case of kids or dogs who might get to it first! For the same reason, NEVER put them through the door.

 When I give mystery gifts, I wrap them in cheap coloured tissue paper (Poundland do a pack which lasts ages) and seal with a small foil sticker – makes them seem more special and lets people know that you didn’t just put in an extra item by mistake!

 On the bottom of the ticket showing which day you will collect the brochure, put a section for people to keep if they are ordering, saying something like ‘your Avon order will be delivered on ***** ‘ Then do ‘amount due £………’ so that they can write in the value of the order. Most people won’t remember to keep them, but at least there is no excuse for not having the money ready ;-)

 When there are sale brochures, open the bags carefully as they are ideal to re-use for delivering books to under-cover areas such as flats.

 Use pencil rather than ball-point to fill in your calling book. It writes in any weather and doesn’t have an issue with greasy or wet pages! Always carry a spare though – you’re bound to drop it at some stage!

 Send a group email or text to remind customers a day or two before placing an order.

 Write the expiry date on each brochure (or print labels). If a customer finds an old brochure, then she’ll know whether or not she can order from it. I don’t put my name on books as the expired ones end up at the tip, and I’m concerned they may be viewed as ‘commercial waste’, so would rather they are not traceable.

 Slip your orders for each campaign back to back into a display book (the sort with clear plastic pockets inside). It makes them much easier to deal with when you come to sort out your delivery.

 When packing orders, start with the smallest or most obvious and work up to the larger ones. By the time you get to the very complicated ones, you will have less to sort through! Don’t spend ages looking for an item you can’t find, but put the order aside – you’ll come across the item by accident eventually. Always have the relevant books to hand so that you can check what you are looking for; I’ve wasted many an hour looking for the wrong thing!!
  • Aesop
    edited 1 October 2010 at 5:29PM
    Options
    Lozza1985 has some VERY useful advice on a good way to run your business.

1. To encourage and retain my customers and to attract new ones, these are some of the things I do.

2. Every so many campaigns I also run a “spend £x amount and receive a free gift”. You can adjust the amount to suit your customers. I use £20 for some customers that spend around £10 and so are likely to spend that little bit more in order to receive a free gift. Other customers who only spend a few pounds, I make it spend £10 or more and receive a free gift. Alter the amount to suit your customers! Buy items that are on special offer, and with your discount you will still be making more money than normal – as your customers have spent considerably more than they usually would. Again, if the customers like the free gift they may buy it or similar items in the future.

3. For the last 2 campaigns I have offered a free product from the brochure.

In C4/3 I gained : 5 new customers - free product - Naturals Room Spray @ 99p
    In C5/4 I gained : 1 new customers plus got 11 regulars who haven't spent in ages to spend between £2.99 and £37 - free product - Senses Shower Gel 250ml @ 99p.

I usually choose something at 99p from the current brochure or through back order, this will help my sales target as well.

As the Senses Shower Gel is still 99p in C5 I can back order in C6 and still tempt people in.

Tried and tested, it actually works. I put a sticker on the front of the book saying - for example :

*FREE*
    AVON CARE HANDCREAM 125ml
    CHOOSE FROM PAGE 112
    ONE PER CUSTOMER ONLY (USUALLY £3.50)

I also put a flyer inside the book saying the same.

4. Canvass and re-canvass! Re-canvass periodically throughout the year as circumstances can change i.e. people move, have babies so are at home more, etc. Your peak time of the year will be Christmas so it is a good idea to begin re-canvassing around October/ November depending on the size of your territory. Keep an eye out for houses up for sale as new customers could be moving in shortly!

5. If you have a Face book or My space account – make sure you let everyone know that you are an Avon Representative, they may have been looking for an “Avon Lady” or know someone who wants to order. You could also try advertising in local shops, or buy yourself a window sticker (Vistaprint is good for these) to put in your car! You can also create yourself a facebook group – I have on “avon in and around Swadlincote” – I’d suggest if you make a group to ensure it has the word “avon” along with your town in the title, to make it easier for people to find. I use my group to post reviews of new products, and to offer exclusive discounts - sometimes selling items I’ve gotten free from creative ordering!

6. It’s worth asking the people working in local businesses if they would like a book. If you are friendly with your Hairdresser ask them too, they may even leave it out for their customers to browse!

7. Ask all your family & friends if they will take a book into their workplaces for you, show their neighbours & friends – this way you are gaining new customers from people you might have never met! In time, as you get to know your territory customers, you could ask them if they would take a book into their workplaces – as a “Thank You” give them a percentage off their own order, or a free gift – after all they have gained you more sales!

8. Give samples out – when people try they are more likely to buy! The amount you spend on samples will be easily made back in just a few sales of the full sized items.

9. Always have your books out with potential customers – they won’t earn you anything sitting at home!

10. Keep track of what is popular with each of your customers, that way when their favourite item/range is on offer you will able to point it out to them – they may have been planning on cutting back to save some money but knowing that it is on offer will make them want to spend, we all love a bargain!

11. Wear Avon jewellery, fragrance, make-up, handbags etc where you can – people may ask where you got them from, and you will be able to say Avon and ask if they have seen a book recently, gaining you a new customer!

12. Always keep a book with you – you never know when you might bump into a potential new customer.

13. Look out for school fairs/fetes and have a stand there.

14. Stock up on items like 5 for £5, 10 for £10 or the current 99p goodies, shove them in an empty Avon box. Give them to the customers who like a bargain, or people who could take it to work and have a POUND BOX. Some Rep’s sell about £100-£150 every brochure doing this and the increase in customers is amazing.

15. Also every few campaigns you could give a customer who is spending less and less £5.00 off when they spend over £20.00. This may seem a lot but you will notice that their sales go back up!

16. If you are a Mum, or know someone who is: if they have a buggy then they can strategically place an Avon brochure on the hood of the buggy when out and about - people will ask where they got it from! Keep some under the buggy to give out with an order form too.

17. You could buy one of the Avon T-shirts or Umbrellas, or even make yourself a badge to wear – this way people may ask you if they could have an Avon book as they will know you are a Rep.

18. The most important thing to remember is to be reliable – always collect the books on the day you stated, keep going back, provide a good customer service – this way you will keep, and gain, new customers.

19. Fold pages in the book to highlight different products each campaign. I recently folded a fragrance page and sold lots of fragrances which I don’t normally. Highlighting different products can make your customers look more closely at the book, and try something that they wouldn’t have noticed otherwise.

20. Buy samples when they are on offer, and give them out with orders – they will earn your more in extra sales than the samples cost you.

21. Get a personalised stamp (Vistaprint is good for these, they are usually free you just pay for P&P) don't forget Quidco or Topcashback! or print your details onto stickers. This way you can put your details onto the order forms much quicker.

22. Put your books into re-sealable bags, this way people will leave them outside even in bad weather. I use ebay seller jwspackaging, who have an ebay shop under the name of JWS Merchandising. Avon also sell their own now, you can find them in the Hello Tomorrow Magazine in the stationery section.

23. Always use your books for as long as possible, it means you will be making more profit as you will be spending less on books.

24. Keep a note of your customers phone numbers/email addresses, as very often they won’t fill them in every time as they will assume that you have kept a record. This way you will be able to contact them about any problems with their order or delivery.

25. Try putting an extra order form in with the books and write for a friend on it – you never know who your customers might show for you!

26. A good idea is to give each customer a teabag and the following poem with their brochure:

Here's a little gift for you.
    A tea bag for a soothing brew.
    Sit back, relax, and enjoy your tea,
    And see how simple shopping can be.
    Pick lovely gifts to show you care,
    & never leave your easy chair

It gives customers a laugh but it works they will use the teabag and sit down with the brochure, and of course place an order!

27. Feature a special product each campaign. Either use your discount to lower the brochure price (say 10% off), or see if you can get it cheaper from the back brochure. Print off flyers with all the products details on, and the special price you are offering it at. Demonstrate the product if you can. Money maker products are ideal for this.

28. Recruit your customers as Avon angels. Encourage them to show their brochure to friends and family and then stamp their loyalty card for their friends’ orders. (Only give direct customers loyalty cards).

29. Demonstrate products. Take the latest perfume out when doing your deliveries.

30. Offer a free gift to your existing customers for referring a friend/family to you who places an order – needn’t be anything expensive, maybe a 500ml bottle of shower gel, it encourages your customers to pass on details to you increasing your customer base with little effort on your part!

Related Products. Never sell a lipstick without having the matching nail enamel to hand, a nail enamel without the remover etc.

By the way when leaving a customer’s house with an order, ask if they have noticed a certain special offer in the brochure.

Under £10 board, in order to gain general interest, cut up brochures and stick all products under £10 on a board.

More brochures. The extra cost incurred will be covered by the fact that the more brochures you buy, the wider your customer base, the more orders you get and therefore the greater your earnings.

Demo products. We cannot stress enough that buying demo products pays off, customers will be tempted to buy when they can see and try the products.

Samples. The same principle applies to samples. Customers will want to buy the full size products once they’ve tried them and seen how good they are.

Customer networking. If your customers work with women, ask them to take a brochure in to work for you. It’s a great way to expand your customer base.

Up-Front selling. Stock up on favourite products that you can sell there and then, when your customers have run out. They will appreciate it.

Spray brochures. When a new brochure comes out, if it’s not already fragranced, spray the page with fragrance and point it out to the customers.

Good offers. When there is a good offer in the brochure, fold it open at the relevant page and present it to the customers; it will attract their attention.

Samples on brochures. Use sticky tape to attach samples to the brochure but hand it out to the customers; don’t post it through the letterbox as it would be too bulky and probably get torn.

Highlight ‘good buys’. Highlight in felt tip pen so customers don’t miss offers.

Promoted products. Each campaign, promote one particular product to all your customers. Set yourself a goal: if you sell 10 units of that product one campaign, aim to sell 11 of another next campaign, etc.

FINDING NEW CUSTOMERS AND KEEPING THEM

Taking your children to school? Then always carry a brochure to show other parents. Not only will you gain new customers, but also new friends. Also ask the teachers whether they would show it to other staff.
    When you collect your children from school, hand brochures out to other parents whilst they are waiting for their children.

Starting a new job? Then take a brochure and a selection of Avon products into work – it’ll help break the ice! You’ll soon be making new friends and customers. Point out that we also have fragrances, toiletries for men, and much more.

Re-canvass your territory. Knock on every door. There may be some new arrivals – what a great way to welcome them to the area!

Ask existing customers to find you new customers. Hold a customer raffle. Give them a discount for finding you a new customer. Give them a gift as a thank you.

Always carry a brochure and samples to hand out. Potential customers will be impressed at the chance to try something new for nothing and will be encouraged to buy.

Always re-canvass at Christmas. Lots of people who don’t buy all year round will buy then for their friends and relatives to avoid the rush and going into crowded shops.

Call on any group in the area – such as Play Groups, Local Charities Community Organisations etc and ask whether you can leave a brochure.

Don’t let your customers down. Give them good service and loyalty.
    Problem with a product? No problem, use the Avon Guarantee.

Put at least 2 order forms in every brochure. Explain to your customers that if any of their friends want to put an order in, they can.

Take brochures with you when you next visit your hairdresser. Ask if you can leave some. They may even let you put products on display.

Ask your customers who work for a company to take the brochure in with them. It’s a great way to grow your customer base.

Make sure you order plenty of brochures so that you don’t run out; they are an investment and are vital to the success of your business.

Have a customer ‘Beauty Evening’. This is when you invite your customers along to your house to have a look at all your products.

Put postcards in your local shops saying: “Have you lost contact with your Avon Representative? “ Add your name, contact number and Avon address.

Why not cover a territory near where you live? Be sure you show a brochure to every home, every campaign.
  • Aesop
    edited 21 November 2010 at 2:31PM
    Options
    Avon sell a product that is quite famous for it's insect repellent properties, particularly Mosquitoes, as it contains citronella. Here are some of it's other uses, other than it's proper use :p It only works with SKIN SO SOFT SOFT AND FRESH ORIGINAL DRY OIL SPRAY CODE 06700. None of the others have insect repellent properties.

PERSONAL USES:

1. It's a bath oil and after shower moisturizer.
    2. It can be used to remove makeup.
    3. Great tanning oil (no sunscreen).
    4. Hot oil treatment to soften cuticles.
    5. Great massage oil for tired muscles.
    6. Cleans off tape marks left from bandages on skin.
    7. Cleans ink off the skin.
    8. Insect repellent.
    9. Helps relieve itching caused by dry skin.
    10. Cleans oil and grease off of skin.
    11. Painting something? Use Skin-So-Soft to remove paint from the hands. (Instead of turpentine).
    12. It soothes light sunburn.
    13. Rub hands with it before washing, it helps get them cleaner.
    14. Rub on dry, cracked skin....helps heal skin in 2-3 days.
    15. Put 1-2 caps full in liquid soap and use it for shaving legs and under arms. Helps razor glide and leaves skin feeling smooth.
    16. Pour a little into your Foot Saver to help moisturize your feet while you relax them.
    17. It removes chewing gum from hair, skin, and most non-pour us surfaces.
    18. Cleans permanent ink off stamps.
    19. SSS Original Bath Oil works GREAT on Head Lice. Saturate head and let it set for 15 minutes. Then rinse under an outdoor faucet. Shampoo hair a couple of times to get the oil out, but the lice should be gone and stay gone!
    20. It kills ants instantly.
    21. Spray on skin to relieve dry itching skin. Helps skin retain its elasticity.
    22. Wash hair with shampoo and conditioner like always and after it dries....Use about the size of a dime of SSS and rub it in your hair. It goes straight in and leaves hair as shiny as the ads on TV, not greasy at all, just soft and shiny.
    23. Use bath oil towelettes -- cover window sill with towelettes to keep ants out.
    24. Sometimes, using bath oil, like Avon's Skin So Soft, will work to loosen the glue which holds the nits to the hair. There is a product called Neon Nits, which when sprayed on the hair, will highlight the nits so you can see them to then snip them out with a small scissors.
    25. Psoriasis on elbows. Try Avon's Skin-So-Soft bath oil spray on affected areas.
    26. Bath use, fill bath with water and a little skin so soft, very relaxing and gets rid of dry skin.

HOUSEHOLD USES:

27. Sponge it around doors, windows, and on screens to keep crawling bugs out.
    28. It's a good wood cleaner and conditioner for natural wood.
    29. It removes glue and gum left from price tags and labels from glass, metals, and most plastics.
    30. It removes soap scum from shower doors and curtains, and bathroom and kitchen figures.
    31. It removes lime and hard water deposits from fixtures, tile, shower doors and windows.
    32. It's an oil lubricant for fitting pipe joints that won't slip together.
    33. It cleans ink off most vinyl and painted surfaces.
    34. It cleans heavy oil and grease from non-porous surfaces.
    35. It takes fur off off clothing.
    36. Rub on brass ornaments or figurines to help keep them from turning dark.
    37. Removes crayon from appliances and most painted surfaces.
    38. Wash cupboards with it mixed in your cleaning water to keep ants off and out of the cupboards.
    39. Use it to discourage hornets from building their nests. After using a hornet killing spray, remove the nest and keep the area sprayed with SSS. They will not rebuild there.
    40. Use it to clean leather, it will also keep it soft and supple.
    41. Use it on your air conditioning screen (filter)--your incoming air will smell fresher and the filter is easier to clean.
    42. Rub all over window sills to keep ants out
    43. It cleans paint brushes easily and leaves them soft as new.
    44. It removes gum from carpets.
    45. It removes scuff marks from patent leather shoes.
    46. Use it on running rails for sliding glass doors and windows.
    47. It removes "ring around the collar".
    48. It removes liquid nail (paneling glue).
    49. Two glass bowls or glasses stuck together? Drizzle a little S.S.S down the sides and they'll come apart easily.
    50. It removes candle wax from furniture, carpets and clothing.
    51. Hummingbird Feeders: To deter bees try rubbing SSS on the feeder surface by the feeder ports.
    52. Maggots too!! You squirt SSS in can and lid, then later flushed with soapy water, you shouldn't have any bugs in cans rest of summer!!!
    53. It is a great furniture polish!
    54. Put it in one of those bottles that you attach to your backyard hose and then spray down the back yard! Will cut down on ants, mosquitoes and other creepy crawlies.
    55. Spray it on rose bushes to keep the deer from eating them, (used at the cemeteries on the flowers for the same reason).
    56. Kills spiders.
    57. It cuts grease and cleans dirt from range hoods.
    58. Add a capful to wash water of clothes...acts as a fabric softener and keeps the bugs off clothes.
    59. Spray on orchids and other flowers for moisture and to keep bugs away.
    60. Cleans baseball caps. Just spray on and rub with toothbrush.
    61. Tomato Plants. Mix one part SSS and 2 parts water and spray on tomato plants to kept tomato worms off. Adding vinegar works fine too. Spray plants about every 2 or 3 days..
    62. SSS bath oil also does a great job cleaning cherry wood cabinets.
    63. Put a little in your mopping water to help keep crawling bugs out. (Not too much or the floor gets slippery.)
    64. Use to clean windows.
    65. Removes crayon from most surfaces.
    66. It's a great insect repellent (or you can use Bug Guard, the actual SSS repellent)
    67. Screens can be lightly sprayed with Avon "Skin-So-Soft" to repel no-see-'ums and tiny gnats that otherwise might slip though the screens.
    68. Another use for SSS is it will kill those pesky earwigs. Spray it on & they don't return to life.
    69. Also if you ever make candles, use clear wax and melt put skin so soft in it and harden works great for out side in the summer.
    70. As a deodorizer, spray into air and let settle, kills those nasty pet orders.
    71. Kids rooms if a child wets the bed, spray the bedding and sheets before washing and will give it a fresh clean smell.

ANIMAL USES:

72. It's a great insect repellent for your pet. (as recommended in "Outdoor Life" and "Field and Stream")
    73. Mix 5 parts water, 1 part SSS and mist on animals. Brushing it in makes their coats gleam and keeps insects off (Great for Show animals).
    74. Mix in your pet's bath water to remove fleas and in between spray them with the same mixture as above to help keep them at bay.
    75. Rub on your hands before and after working with your pets and farm animals. It will remove the strong smells.
    76. Black Fly Spray For Dogs: Use as a spray or a dip. 1 cup SSS, 1/2 cup liquid detergent and 3 gallons of water.
    77. For dog's dry skin mix 1 tablespoon of SSS per gallon of water and use as an after bath rinse. Or spritz your pet's coat once per week.
    78. If your dog should get tar or asphalt on the pads of their feet rub on SSS and then wipe off.
    79. Flea Bath: Use a flea and tick shampoo. Rinse so no soap residue is left. Follow with final rinse of 2 gallons of water mixed with flea dip and 1 capful of SSS. The SSS helps replace the oils lost in bathing and has the added benefit of repelling insects.
    80. Flea Repellent: Avon's Skin So Soft Bath Oil. 1-1/2 ounces per gallon of water; used as a sponge-on dip (or as a spritz) has been tested and proven to have significant, but not complete, flea-repellent activity for a 6-day period. It should help those dry coats, too.
    81. Chow Dogs. Many chows have very dry and flaky skin. The SSS can help dandruff and itchiness and make hair shiny and smooth. It also serves as a great flea and tick protector.
    82. Another Insect Repellent Recipe for Pets: 1 cup Avon Skin So Soft bath oil 1 cup white vinegar 1 cup (or more) water 5 cc of essential oil of citronella (from the health food store NOT the type you burn to keep insects away that is available in a drug store) Mix in a spray bottle. Straight SSS works well for mosquitoes too but really makes your dog greasy.
    83. Barns. Use of an inexpensive fly control spray or a diluted mix of Avon Skin- So-Soft in water can be sprayed on barn walls and floor to discourage insects from hanging around or to eliminate them before putting in the new bedding. As time permits, and if you can keep your goats out of the barn for a few hours - let the barn stand and air out before re-filling with bedding.
    84. Rub on your hands before and after working with pets and farm animals, takes away pet odor.
    85. A natural way to help cats with flea problems and flea allergies is to rub Skin So Soft into the skin. Fleas don't like it!
    86. Cats: SSS IS SAFE FOR FUR LICKING
    The SSS plus is safe as long as it is the one without sunscreen.
    87. Pet’s with Sensitive Skin: Don't overuse the SSS. Just use the lotion, and rub it into the skin, not more than every few days.
    88. SSS can be used as a hoof polish. Put’s a nice shine to the hoof without drying it. The farrier's wife will appreciate this one!
    89. SSS can be used on pet accessories such as collars to shine them up.

SKIN-SO-SOFT (and other product) USES FOR HORSES

90. Horses with dry skin: Bathe like normal and then I put a capful of SSS in a 5 gallon bucket of warm water and sponge this all over. Their hair coat dries silky soft and stops itching.
    91. The bug guard towelletes we had last summer work great on the horse's ears and around their eyes.
    92. When banding (braiding) their manes use the Techniques Oil Sheen. It seems to help hold the braids a lot better and they don't try to rub them out.
    93. The dry end serum works great in their tails as a detangler. The products are a heck of a lot cheaper than actual horse products.

AUTOMOBILE USES:

94. It removes tar spots from the car without damage to the paint.
    95. Use it to clean vinyl dashboards, seats, and tops. It not only cleans, but keeps it soft and helps to prevent any cracking.
    96. After washing your car, use it as a tire dressing to keep them looking like new.
    97. Put some on a small washcloth and leave in the car to help keep the air fresh and clean.
    98. Wipe down vinyl surfaces inside your car. Cleans nicely and removes smoke odors left by cigarette smokers.
    99. It gently cleans heavy grease and oil from skin and non-porous surfaces (great for Mechanic's Hands).
    100. It removes tree sap.
    101. Prior to traveling...rub SSS on headlights and grill. It makes insects and bugs easier to remove.
    102. Shines vehicle tires
    103. Open a towlette and use as an automotive air freshener.

*Skin-So-Soft bath oil is approved by the FDA/CDA only as a bath oil. This list of uses comes from customers. Avon makes no claims to these uses, nor have they.
  • Money_maker
    Money_maker Posts: 5,471 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    :j Shiny New Thread Alert, thanks Aureol :A
    Please do not quote spam as this enables it to 'live on' once the spam post is removed. ;)

If you quote me, don't forget the capital 'M'

Declutterers of the world - unite! :rotfl::rotfl:
  • Aesop
    edited 3 December 2010 at 11:40AM
    Options
    What is Avon Connects?

Avon!!!8217;s very own social networking site, Avon Connects is now live. It!!!8217;s fun, it!!!8217;s fashionable and it promotes the Avon brand to a whole new audience. It is available to everyone, Reps, SLs, ASMs, Customers, anyone who want to join.

Also, if you place orders totalling at least £500 over 3 consecutive campaigns, you will be eligible for customer leads. This means if a potential customer registers looking for a Rep, your details maybe the first ones they see!

It!!!8217;s highly interactive too so you!!!8217;ll always have the latest from Avon and the opportunity to connect with lovers of Avon everywhere.

* Achieve Your Dreams: Use new online tools

* Invite your Representatives to join your social group

* Acquire new prospects through widgets on Facebook and Bebo

* Learn Top Tricks of Success: Have fun learning from people just like you

* Have fun learning through interactive videos, documents and blogs

* Connect with Women Like You: Build relationships and have fun

* Talk with other entrepreneurs

* Share success stories and winning strategies

Avon Connects Reps

afwrexham

emqt

xdawnx

emilyderby

cate75

sugarhunny

Nadine13

melvis

vbell

beckyavonsnaith

Campaigns

C15

C16

Christmas Gifts

C17

Sale C17

C18

Sale C18

C1 2011

C1 Guide to Party Perfection

C2

C3

C4

C4 Sale

HT17

HT18

HT1 2011

HT2 2011

HT3 2011

HT4 2011

HT5
  • Graduate_Bum
    Options
    What does everyone use to bag up items? I don't really want to recycle supermarket bags - is there somewhere you can pick up a pack of cheap plastic bags etc?
  • Aesop
    Options
    Are you a member of Costco or Makro? Or know anyone who is? You can bulk buy white plain carrier bags from them.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure