PRIMUS - major problems?

Options

Comments

• Heinz
    Heinz Posts: 11,191 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    windym wrote: »
    Sorry to jump on this thread but I am confused about Primus. I used uswitch to change to Primus 2, but the email just came through saying £7.99 a month charge. On Heinz signature there is a link about 6 steps to save .... one says sign up to Primus Saver Option 2 'no monthly subscription'. Anyone else been asked to pay?
    Primus Saver Option 2 is, indeed, 'no monthly subscription' and gives free UK 01/02 calls of up to 90 minutes each evenings and weekends.

You have signed up for Primus Talk 2 (£7.99/month for inclusive UK 01/02 calls of up to 60 minutes each at all times).
    Time has moved on (much quicker than it used to - or so it seems at my age) and my previous advice on residential telephony has been or is now gradually being overtaken by changes in the retail market. Hence, I have now deleted links to my previous 'pearls of wisdom'. I sincerely hope they helped save some of you money.
  • BritBrat
    BritBrat Posts: 3,764 Forumite
    Options
    Saver Option 2
    Primus Saver Option 2 is our medium user package, for those who you tend to use the phone often, but mainly in the evenings and weekends.

It gives you the convenience of free local/national evening and weekend calls for no extra cost.

Easy mistake if you are going through a third party, when I signed up I double no tripple checked what I was siging up to, but I phoned them direct.

I even contacted them just before the switch over to check again.
  • Smiley_Mum
    Smiley_Mum Posts: 3,836 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I've been trying to login to my account but have been unable to do so for most of today. Comes up with this message when I try...

Your browser has remained idle for more than 20 minutes and, for security reasons, your signup application has timed out. Apologies for any inconvenience; please click on 'Home' to start again.
    I've been with them for a good while now, at least 18 months and no problems at all. Can't fault.
    “Ordinary riches can be stolen, real riches cannot. In your soul are infinitely precious things that cannot be taken from you.” - Oscar Wilde
  • Heinz
    Options
    Same here. I e-mailed them about it 3 days ago but there's been no change (and no reply).
    Time has moved on (much quicker than it used to - or so it seems at my age) and my previous advice on residential telephony has been or is now gradually being overtaken by changes in the retail market. Hence, I have now deleted links to my previous 'pearls of wisdom'. I sincerely hope they helped save some of you money.
  • BritBrat
    Options
    Same here, also sent them an Email.
  • windym_2
    windym_2 Posts: 5,257 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Thanks for the reply. Can anyone help work out how I get Primus Saver Option 2 to appear on the Uswitch comparison, or a direct link to it. No matter what I put in the comparison site it just brings up Primus Option 1. I'm not having much luck!
  • Heinz
    Options
    windym wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply. Can anyone help work out how I get Primus Saver Option 2 to appear on the Uswitch comparison, or a direct link to it. No matter what I put in the comparison site it just brings up Primus Option 1. I'm not having much luck!
    Courtesy of muffinhead in his 5-4-07 post:

It comes up when you click 'Edit your phone usage' in the 'Step 3: Your results' page; zero all minutes, then type 50min in the local & national 'Evening minutes' & 'Weekend minutes' boxes.
  • BritBrat
    Options
    Courtesy of muffinhead in his 5-4-07 post:

It comes up when you click 'Edit your phone usage' in the 'Step 3: Your results' page; zero all minutes, then type 50min in the local & national 'Evening minutes' & 'Weekend minutes' boxes.

And it still works.

UswitchEdit.jpg

Uswitch.jpg

Uswitchresult.jpg
  • southwestmaid
    Options
    Just to say I've been with Primus for about 12 months now and have never had a problem with them apart from their broadband going down the other week when they moved and I've saved a lot of money. I've also found them very helpful on the odd occasion I have phoned them, unlike a lot of companies.
  • metso
    metso Posts: 100 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi
    I've been researching Primus as an option for my mother. She regularly makes calls to Malaysia which work out to 7p per min on their tariff. Currently she uses 18185 which works out to 1p.

My question is
    If she were to switch to Primus to take advantage of the free evening/ weekend calls, will she lose out the option to be using services such as 18185 and 1899.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure