Thrifty Gifty - Money Making for Christmas & All Ocassions 2009

Options

Comments

• sarahf191979
    sarahf191979 Posts: 3,077 Forumite
    Options
    Iolanthe wrote: »
    I've had amazon vouchers from Lightspeed twice and they have turned up via email within an hour of requesting them:confused: Don't know if there are some settings you can fiddle with or not...

Yeah I normally get mine pretty quick too :confused: try emailing them and asking I think my last one went in my spam folder and I nearly deleted it.
    :D:D:D:D:D
    Where's the Coffee?? Show me the Coffee NOW!!
  • paddingtondoo
    paddingtondoo Posts: 3,392 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Ages I think is the answer :o. You can check if you have ordered one by looking at your points total it will show as a big red -60000.

Here's the answer from their FAQs
    How long will it take to receive my vouchers? Voucher delivery can take up to 8 weeks.

Ooops my fault misread as Toluna - prolly coz I had just done a huge survey on there - info is from thier website not Lightspeed - Sorry :o
    Officially a non-smoker but still rounder than recommended :p
  • ellionic
    ellionic Posts: 351 Forumite
    Options
    I am also waiting for vouchers hmv on from lightspeed and also hmv one from toluna week waiting about 6 weeksnow for both.
    Baby Due Date 30/01/ 2013 :D
    Sealed Pot Challenge 5 #219
    SPC4 - £207 :j
  • jamtart6
    jamtart6 Posts: 8,302 Forumite
    Options
    Can't reccomend dooyoo highly enough when you get into it! If anyone needs some tips on how to get going here are some tips I posted to NickyBo :)

Best way to get them read is read and rate a lot of other reviews. It is slow to start. Also when you lose your "new member" stripe, people will be kinder, they seem to hate new people who churn out loads of short reviews here - in fact just today they have put a max. of 5 reviews allowed to be written per day for new people. My early reviews just got about 10 rates, then I lost my new member stripe and they went up to about 20-30 without me actually rating many back. The 3 most recent Ihave read and rated loads and have 50 reads for one and 80 for the other. It is worth persevering with, I've just had a £25 amazon voucher for very little effort :) I like writing the reviews actually and if you use something or have been somewhere often it is easy to write a good review!

another member told me that as long as 33 people rate your review you get 50pence for writing and 50pence for the 33 ratings which in my mind makes it worth while.

also if you leave comments on people's reviews it makes you look like you care and you are more interested and more people will click you and add you to their circle of friends and rate you often. Its like a popularity contest!

I've made about £9 this week and written 10 reviews.

:ABeing Thrifty Gifty again this year:A

• cyclingyorkie
    cyclingyorkie Posts: 4,234 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    thanks for that jamtart - when school/college is back i WILL give it a go!
    :jFlylady and proud of it:j
  • furrypig
    furrypig Posts: 2,881 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    me too Jammy would love to make some more pennies!
  • Skiergirl
    Skiergirl Posts: 995 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Just to let you know - I ordered a paper voucher from lightspeed and it took about a week to arrive
  • jamtart6
    edited 28 August 2009 at 6:49PM
    Options
    Well there has been a lot of whisperings and mentions of another challenge from me, so I hereby present to you :
    The Thrifty Gifty Girl's Money Making Challenge Take 2!

It is for everyone and anyone to join in. You can make as much or as little as you like. You can earn clubcard points, vouchers, review sites points, cashback, car boot sale money, money from craft sales, PIN money (see below) ANYTHING that will help you towards Christmas (or whatever occasion you are saving for)

1. Take some time to think about where to spend your time. Which websites do you frequently purchase from at Christmas? There is little point flogging your guts out on surveys/reviews to earn a £10 voucher for Auto-trader if you have no intention of ever buying anything from there. Use time wisely!
    Mine are Boots.com, Amazon and Play.com. Main shops I buy things from at Christmas are Argos and Tesco and Sainsbury, so I spend time looking for the best survey sites to get these vouchers and spend my time on them.

2. Approximately work out how much you do/have/will spend on Christmas.
    A quick reckoning in my head shouts "£500" - I know we will have to spend less this year as ££ is tight but it gives me an approximate figure to aim for. You don't have to cover all the cost of your Christmas with this challenge - even if you only earn £10 somehow, it is £10 more than you would have had had you never stumbled across this post!

3. Get earning! GO! OK come back a minute...
    So earn in any way you can (legally of course)! All of it adds up to a cash value. £10 amazon voucher is as good as £10 in cash in my eyes.

PIN money - well I [STRIKE]coined [/STRIKE] nicked this phrase off one of the Old Style threads. Basically if you are willing to spend £10 on a joint of meat, you get it to the till and it is only £6, you think "Brucey Bonus!" and put the other £4 in your PIN money tin - you would have spent the money anyway as you were willing to, so you should'nt notice that it is missing! An ideal thing to put it in is a Sealed Jar so you can't get your grubby mitts on it until nearer Christmas. This was an idea from the Debt Free Wannabe forum and also on the Organised Christmas thread this/last year and people tend to like it, so I'm gonna put my PIN money in a sealed jar I think and be honest and good and put it in when I'm charged less than expecting.

4. When does the challenge start?
    I was going to say officially 1st September, but I sense some excitement, so lets just go for it, a couple of extra days won't matter. I declare the challenge officialy OPEN!

5. When does the challenge end?

Well I'm open to this one really. I tend to think something like the 31st October? If you think something different let me know. That gives you 9 weeks and is about 7 weeks before Christmas, so also gives you enough money and time to shop. Although all good moneysavers have probably done their shopping for 2010 by now !

5. The Tiers
    Well what's a good challenge without something to aim for? If you didn't partake last time, I'd say 80% of challengers earned over £100 in the 5 weeks that it ran for. Some earned over £600!!!!:T (Yes you Rusty :D). But we don't want to terrify some people, so we had tiers of achievment so everyone could join in, and there was a challenge element for all. So here is what I propose:

1. Thrifty Gifty Coal Status - £25
    2. Thrifty Gifty Wrapping Paper Status - £50
    3. Thrifty Gifty Ribbon Status - £75
    4. Thrifty Gifty Bauble Status - £100
    5. Thrifty Gifty Star Status - £150
    6. Thrifty Gifty Sparkling Star Status - £200
    7. Thrifty Gifty Christmas Tree Status - £300
    8. Thrifty Gifty Sleigh Status - £500
    9. Thrifty Gifty Angel - £750
    10.Thrifty Gifty Santa Status - £1000
    11.Thrifty Gifty SUPERSTAR status - £2000

(I have to put the high levels on for those who like to go for it :D)

PLEASE can I add my £100 cashback that I just got from my new 02 SIM?? :o:D

(The small print: I have to categorically state that whilst cashback is fine to add to your total, I will be expecting some evidence of money making rather than just money spending to earn cashback. Yes Chocolate.Orange, that does mean you :p)

So you can state which level you will be aiming for if you like, but all I need is for you to say if you are IN or not and I'll put your names on the first post and update as we go along when I ask for updates :)

I have to also state I am virtually not here for the next couple of weeks, but as soon as my time frees up I'll be cracking that whip. Oh yes. I . Will! :D

:D:xmastree::xmassign::rudolf:

Edit: Any vouchers you have hoarded up to now can also be included :)

I can see these nicelist.jpgnaughtylist.jpg making a re-appearance at some point!

• rainmac
    rainmac Posts: 7,063 Forumite
    Home Insurance Hacker! Cashback Cashier
    Options
    Beautiful Jammy, I am IN IN IN for the challenge, I have only just started to realise how fast Christmas is coming :eek:
    :wave: If you want the rainbow, you've got to put up with the rain :wave:
  • jamtart6
    Options
    oops I just clicked LIKE instead of EDIT on post 1. So I have now recommended my own thread for the weekly e-mail. Oh dear!

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport