Spam message?

Options
I got a message last night on my BT phone from 07953966066 with a recorded message saying please call 07953966066 from this numner

Who is this number? Can you help? It is on the net already so I posted it here.
I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Quick Grabbit, Freebies, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning and the UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards.
If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.
All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Comments

• Heinz
    Heinz Posts: 11,191 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    How do I opt out from ever receiving Text to speech calls?

To stop receiving any 'text to speech' calls on your BT residential landline, you need to call 0800 587 5252 from the line that you want to stop receiving text to speech messages on.

An explanatory message is played and then you'll hear a number of 'curfew' options (Option 5 is to switch the facility off completely).text to voice
    Time has moved on (much quicker than it used to - or so it seems at my age) and my previous advice on residential telephony has been or is now gradually being overtaken by changes in the retail market. Hence, I have now deleted links to my previous 'pearls of wisdom'. I sincerely hope they helped save some of you money.
  • heatherw_01
    heatherw_01 Posts: 6,554 Ambassador
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    I have an sms home phone
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Quick Grabbit, Freebies, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning and the UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards.
    If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.
    All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • intel
    intel Posts: 6,404 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Yes!!! You have recieved a text to speech call from a T- Mob customer on your landline.

To stop receiving text to speech calls from T Mobile you need to call 07953966066 from the line that you want to stop receiving text from. Note Mobile call rates apply.

So you have to spend money to stop something you didnt want anyway. :mad:

Reverse the charges if you can. :T
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family