IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

DCBLegal LoC UkPCL

Options
Date: July 2023
Vehicle - Motorbike
Location - Lidl Crawley 
Parked between Disabled bays (

Hi All, 

I Have received a letter from DCBlegal "letter of claim" no reply forms included, 

I have parked in a spot between two disabled bays, but there's no hatched area separating them with lots of room in between.  

@ created as per newbies thread,

Could you please advise on the next step 

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,814 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 19 March at 11:22AM
    Options
    Yes: send the LBC response in the NEWBIES thread.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • 32one
    32one Posts: 5 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    thanks Coupon-mad, 
  • nopcns
    nopcns Posts: 511 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Just go through the motions as advised. This will end in a discontinuation just well over 300 similar DCB Legal/UKPC claims as shown in this thread:

DCB LEGAL RECORD OF PRIVATE PARKING COURT CLAIM DISCONTINUATIONS

• D_P_Dance
    D_P_Dance Posts: 11,503 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    I think that hey would struggle in court, that spot looks perfectly legitimate to me.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • 32one
    First Post
    Options
    @ received
  • 32one
    First Post
    Options
    Could you please advise on the next step 
  • Coupon-mad
    edited 30 March at 1:48AM
    Options
    Report DCB Legal online to HMRC today please.  Not the parking firm & not DCB Ltd.  This is a suspicion.  No firm is being accused.  HMRC need to check the truth.

Say that, due to their reply to your questions about VAT, where DCB Legal have replied trying to have you believe the £170 is exempt, rightly or wrongly you suspect them of possibly not applying VAT on the £70 DRA fee (added on top of their client's £100 parking charge, which is VAT exempt).  DRA fees are certainly not exempt and DCB Group (Ltd and Legal) has collected multi-millions of £170 in the past 5 years or more.

They are suspected by many consumers of treating their extortionate £70 fee (per PCN) wrongly as if it's a parking charge. If this is the case, it will be hundreds of millions of times.

When you answer the question about how much is involved say £millions.  Use the word 'suspect' because this is not proven.  

Tick the 'VAT' option.

Either upload the evidence letter at the end or state you have it & invite HMRC to investigate.

HMRC will not tell DCB Legal who is reporting them.  More than one person has but your letter from them is pretty damning IMHO.

Why can no DRA so far, give the right answer and just say the £70 is nett of VAT, which is separately accounted for?
  • 32one
    First Post
    Options
    Thanks, Coupon-mad! I've just reported to HMRC. Any idea what will happen next?
  • Coupon-mad
    edited 28 March at 11:56PM
    Options
    Hopefully they might investigate.  We won't be told whilst HMRC think about it but if this concern has legs, we'll hear in the end as this is worth millions.  It'll all come out in the wash!

I've also reported another roboclaim solicitor to HMRC myself this month.  Just got fed up with not seeing ANY of them telling any consumer the right answer re VAT. The consumer cannot be charged that element so the £70 must be nett of VAT.  It really looks like they might not be charging the PPCs VAT on top and then sending £14 per DRA fee to HMRC. That's what they should be doing.

If they are, why don't they answer?!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback