aktive8.com - Rip-off merchants?

Options
[size=+2]WARNING![/size]

Aktive8 are an online Outdoor Gear & Leisure store based in Edinburgh with only a few staff (source: corporate192.com). I just thought I'd mention my recent experience with using Aktive8. If you decide to buy from Aktive8 be warned should anything go wrong and you need to return a faulty product, expect potential trouble.

Active8 seem to be only interested in taking money and not providing any quality support or customer service.

Ordering was fine but the product was faulty. Returned following instructions on website. The level of response I received was in stark contrast to that suggested in the Warranties section of the Aktive8 website.

Nearly four months later I had still not received a refund or replacement. I eventually received a refund, without an apology or explanation of the delay.

Aktive8 has a telephone number (premium rate) that only answered by a recorded message stating 'all lines are busy'. If you call at midnight on Sunday you’ll hear the same message. If you call on one phone and get the message, then call on another simultaneously, the second phone gets an engaged tone.

Emails are read, but not responded to. I did receive a single email stating that 'there has been a delay'. No apology or explanation of why.

Appalling customer services. I would AVOID at all costs. I'd personally recommend www.wiggle.co.uk - they have a tried and tested reputation and offer discounts too.

It appears I'm not alone in this either. If you read the reviews at
www.reviewcentre.com/reviews173957.html

If you need to contact Aktive8 don't use the costly 0871 231 8888 number it has the recorded all lines are busy message, so does 0131 228 5047. Use the shop number on 0131 228 3003. There's no guarantee that anyone will answer it took many days of trying before anyone answered.

Comments

• MakingEndsMeetToo
    Options
    Sadly I can echo the comments made above. I cancelled an order when I found that they could not fulfil it for several weeks. Despite this they took money from my account and are now impossible to contact. I have written to them informing them of my intention to press for return of the original sum, plus expenses incurred. Does anyone know if the small claims procedure includes businesses based (and presumably registered) in Scotland? Thanks.
  • peter_the_piper
    peter_the_piper Posts: 30,268 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Sadly I can echo the comments made above. I cancelled an order when I found that they could not fulfil it for several weeks. Despite this they took money from my account and are now impossible to contact. I have written to them informing them of my intention to press for return of the original sum, plus expenses incurred. Does anyone know if the small claims procedure includes businesses based (and presumably registered) in Scotland? Thanks.
    Presuming you paid by credit card then you should be able to do a chargeback as they did not have the authority to take the money.
    I'd rather be an Optimist and be proved wrong than a Pessimist and be proved right.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure