Resort Point Services Cheap Holiday???

Options
These guys have been in contact with me sending info about the Golf Del Sur (or something like that) in Tenerife. They are offering 1 week holiday for £195 for 4 of us as long as my husband and i attend a 90 minute meeting! Obviously timeshare. Has anyone ever done this before?

Comments

• robinski
    Options
    Hi there, I live in Tenerife very close to where this outfit is operating. I have spoken to several of their 'customers' over there. The whole thing is a scam, there is no such thing as a free lunch, apart from the one the rep will enjoy when he's sold you points in the one and only property they have any interest in. Just book direct with the Aguamarina Golf Hotel or Apartments thru someone like alpha beds and you will have a lovely holiday with top class service without someone trying to make their weekly commisssion out of you!! Avoid them like the plague or be prepared to be plagued all the way thru your cheap 'holiday'.
  • maxervice
    Options
    Just had my third call from them this month. As I'm getting mightily poffed by them, I asked them to stop calling me and remove my name from their database. "Sorry Sir, we can't do that I'm afraid." was the reply!

I was astounded. "How about I report you to the ASA?" I asked.

"You can if you like" the caller said, "but it won't do you any good, they have no authority outside the UK."

"OK then, every time you call me I'm going to invoice you for my time; How about that?"

"You haven't got our address," he said.

Anyone got an address for them, or a UK based parent company or subsidiary?

MX
  • sharkbane
    Options
    I have been to Tenerife as an RPS guest. As long as you stick to the advice of reputable holiday companies that says "don't sign anything or hand over any money" you'll be fine.

The 90 minute meeting can be pleasant enough. The content seems too good to be true - buy our points, have lots of holidays. The reps are very amiable, that's their job, to make friends and put you at ease.

They then introduce you to their supervisor who is also your best buddy. His job is to close the deal. He goes over the benefits of membership of their scam ... er ... scheme. It must be true, it’s just what the other guy said.

Once you've fulfilled your obligatory time just say thanks but no thanks and leave. This is when your best buddy seems to be somewhat offended and cross that you've wasted his time. He doesn’t say that but his manner totally changes (a bit of a giveaway) and he’s off. Oh, the feeling of guilt is priceless. :)

Remember, you've got a letter which says you're under no obligation to buy or rent anything (take a copy of your letter of confirmation email).

We weren't badgered during our stay. The resort was very nice. We had a lovely holiday at a very reasonable price.

We checked some of the relevant details we’d remembered from our presentation upon our return and found that we had been told some lies ... but they were told very nicely.

If you have a wicked sense of humour and stay calm it’s an amusing diversion.

If you get a phone call offering a promotional week:
    Don’t take up the first telephone offer. Ask for details and a website where you can view any resort on offer. Make sure there’s no obligation to buy or rent anything.
    Ask them to call you back next week after you’ve reviewed the offer.
    If you take up the offer, enjoy your holiday. If you don’t take up the offer and later wish you had, don’t worry, there’ll be more.
  • happyholiday
    Options
    I am not sure why all the posts above have been bad about this company. I went to the Golf Del Sur with them at the start of the year and had a great holiday. The reps were very friendly and at no time during the presentation did I feel uncomfortable. The accommodation was excellent with a lovely sea view and had everything we needed.
    We did join the points system and have found since then everything we were told has happened, and have just come back from our first holiday as a member. That again was fantastic in a lovely resort in Florida. With these guys you get a genuine product, unlike one of these holiday clubs that people quite rightly have cause for complaint.
    Like everything all the negative comments seem to be from people who go to these things with a closed mind and by doing so miss out on all these great opportunities.

My advice is simple. If you get a call go along and keep an open mind and you might be surprised by what you see. If it is not for you then use your god given right and say no. You will still have had a great holiday in a really nice resort in the sunshine.
  • fierra
    Options
    I Would Like To Say I Have Now Visited This Company, But Before Doing So I Read This Page And Saw What Robinski Had Written I Asked Him For More Details As He Had Now Some What Scared Me, He Never Replied, To Cut A Long Story Short, We Had A Fantastic Time, We Were Not Pressuerd Or Pestered We Did Not Purchase There Product As It Would Not Suit Our Needs But I Would Recommend The Holiday To Anyone The Services And Curtesy We Were Shown Puts This Company In Such A Good Light I Would Go Again
  • richardw
    richardw Posts: 19,458 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Timeshare is something to be very careful of.
    Posts are not advice and must not be relied upon.
  • nico26
    nico26 Posts: 823 Forumite
    Options
    These guys have been in contact with me sending info about the Golf Del Sur (or something like that) in Tenerife. They are offering 1 week holiday for £195 for 4 of us as long as my husband and i attend a 90 minute meeting! Obviously timeshare. Has anyone ever done this before?

Be very careful with schemes like this. Might seem a bargain but can turn into a nightmare. See a lot of new posters praising this resort as well.Makes me even more wary.
  • fierra
    Options
    all i can tell you is we have just come back from holiday there and had a great time, the only reason i put my comments on as i had read the sight asked advise but never got a response, im so pleased i went
  • hollydays
    hollydays Posts: 19,812 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    be wary of replies by new posters
  • fierra
    Options
    i take exception to the fact that i have just posted on this forum. what difference does it make how long someone has been subscribing, i first used this forum back in April or there abouts to look into this company before i went on holiday and find it unfair that you find my opinion is invalid.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure