Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Lozzaface
    • By Lozzaface 14th Jan 20, 10:00 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Lozzaface
    Replacing hob, oven and worktop
    • 14th Jan 20, 10:00 PM
    Replacing hob, oven and worktop 14th Jan 20 at 10:00 PM
    I'm planning on replacing the kitchen worktop, electric hob and integrated electric oven in my flat. The hob is above the oven.

I need to replace the oven asap, as it's broken. I'm then thinking of replacing the hob and worktop later, but I'm wondering whether the oven will need to be removed to replace the hob?

Also, I'm thinking that there's no point replacing the hob now and paying to get this fitted, as it will need to be totally removed to fit the worktop, so would it make sense to change the oven now, then sort the worktop, then get the hob fitted?
Page 1
    • TELLIT01
    • By TELLIT01 14th Jan 20, 10:15 PM
    • 7,554 Posts
    • 8,077 Thanks
    TELLIT01
    • 14th Jan 20, 10:15 PM
    • 14th Jan 20, 10:15 PM
    The oven should basically just slide out of the unit. They are generally only retained by a couple of small screws. It should be possible to stand it on the floor still connected (obviously isolated) when the worktop and hob is changed.
    • flashg67
    • By flashg67 14th Jan 20, 11:50 PM
    • 2,906 Posts
    • 1,971 Thanks
    flashg67
    • 14th Jan 20, 11:50 PM
    • 14th Jan 20, 11:50 PM
    As above, I slid mine out and put it on the floor whilst changing worktops & hob - there's usually enough wire to do this without disconnecting fully. It is an easy job to remove thought - 4 screws on mine at the door edges
    • FreeBear
    • By FreeBear 14th Jan 20, 11:54 PM
    • 3,528 Posts
    • 4,567 Thanks
    FreeBear
    • 14th Jan 20, 11:54 PM
    • 14th Jan 20, 11:54 PM
    It should be possible to stand it on the floor still connected (obviously isolated) when the worktop and hob is changed.
    Originally posted by TELLIT01

Some ovens come with a 13A plug fitted on the end of the cable. If this is the case, then it can simply be unplugged and moved to a safe place.
    Her courage will change the world.

Treasure the moments that you have. Savour them for as long as you can for they will never come back again.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

147Posts Today

2,224Users online

Martin's Twitter