New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

Replacing hob, oven and worktop

3 replies 258 views
LozzafaceLozzaface Forumite
1 posts
I'm planning on replacing the kitchen worktop, electric hob and integrated electric oven in my flat. The hob is above the oven.

I need to replace the oven asap, as it's broken. I'm then thinking of replacing the hob and worktop later, but I'm wondering whether the oven will need to be removed to replace the hob?

Also, I'm thinking that there's no point replacing the hob now and paying to get this fitted, as it will need to be totally removed to fit the worktop, so would it make sense to change the oven now, then sort the worktop, then get the hob fitted?

Replies

• TELLIT01TELLIT01 Forumite
    10.2K posts
    10,000 Posts Sixth Anniversary Name Dropper PPI Party Pooper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The oven should basically just slide out of the unit. They are generally only retained by a couple of small screws. It should be possible to stand it on the floor still connected (obviously isolated) when the worktop and hob is changed.
  • flashg67flashg67 Forumite
    3.3K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    As above, I slid mine out and put it on the floor whilst changing worktops & hob - there's usually enough wire to do this without disconnecting fully. It is an easy job to remove thought - 4 screws on mine at the door edges
  • FreeBearFreeBear Forumite
    5.7K posts
    Fifth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    TELLIT01 wrote: »
    It should be possible to stand it on the floor still connected (obviously isolated) when the worktop and hob is changed.

Some ovens come with a 13A plug fitted on the end of the cable. If this is the case, then it can simply be unplugged and moved to a safe place.
    Her courage will change the world.

Treasure the moments that you have. Savour them for as long as you can for they will never come back again.