Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Zoe151
    • By Zoe151 14th Jan 20, 9:52 PM
    • 3Posts
    • 1Thanks
    Zoe151
    Direct Debit ĎAdminí charge
    • 14th Jan 20, 9:52 PM
    Direct Debit ĎAdminí charge 14th Jan 20 at 9:52 PM
    Iím a season ticket holder at a premier league club (you donít need to know which one!) The window for renewal has been announced and prices are the same as last season (Hoorah!)
    I usually pay in one go from a stash I put aside after my dad died) but looked at spreading payments by DD out of interest. Iím shocked to see that they charge a £40 Ďadministration feeí which is just under 10% of the cost log the season ticket! Is this standard practice/acceptable?
    I have no idea! 🤷!♀️
Page 1
    • GTR King
    • By GTR King 14th Jan 20, 10:09 PM
    • 917 Posts
    • 160 Thanks
    GTR King
    • 14th Jan 20, 10:09 PM
    • 14th Jan 20, 10:09 PM
    Some Prem Clubs/Championship clubs do it as they like you to pay up front instead of DD Payments

At my Club (League 1) it's About £10 more with DD but hay ho still happy with the price
    • ffacoffipawb
    • By ffacoffipawb 14th Jan 20, 10:58 PM
    • 3,027 Posts
    • 2,169 Thanks
    ffacoffipawb
    • 14th Jan 20, 10:58 PM
    • 14th Jan 20, 10:58 PM
    Iím a season ticket holder at a premier league club (you donít need to know which one!) The window for renewal has been announced and prices are the same as last season (Hoorah!)
    I usually pay in one go from a stash I put aside after my dad died) but looked at spreading payments by DD out of interest. Iím shocked to see that they charge a £40 Ďadministration feeí which is just under 10% of the cost log the season ticket! Is this standard practice/acceptable?
    I have no idea! 🤷!♀️
    Originally posted by Zoe151
    Everton charges a £40 fee. Seems a bit of a rip off really.
    Retired: Financial Independence achieved in June 2019.

Cofiwch Dryweryn
    • jonesMUFCforever
    • By jonesMUFCforever 14th Jan 20, 11:36 PM
    • 26,347 Posts
    • 13,519 Thanks
    jonesMUFCforever
    • 14th Jan 20, 11:36 PM
    • 14th Jan 20, 11:36 PM
    I have no idea! 🤷!♀️
    Originally posted by Zoe151
    Do you have the option of paying by credit card?
    A new purchase promotional rate card would be free to use?
    What goes around - comes around
    give lots and you will always receive lots
    • yksi
    • By yksi 15th Jan 20, 12:31 AM
    • 183 Posts
    • 326 Thanks
    yksi
    • 15th Jan 20, 12:31 AM
    • 15th Jan 20, 12:31 AM
    An "admin charge" is their way of disguising things, basically it's a loan you're repaying at 10% total interest.

My car insurance has a similar overall difference in the amount you pay if you opt for the pay-by-the-month, so I opt to pay it in full. If you can't afford to pay it one hit, then I'm with jonesMUFCforever, it would be cheaper for you to get yourself a credit card with an introductory 0% purchase offer, and pay it with that, as long as you can get an offer with a long enough term to pay it off.
    £3 a Day January £61/93
    £2020 in 2020 £61/2020
    • Zoe151
    • By Zoe151 15th Jan 20, 8:23 AM
    • 3 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Zoe151
    • 15th Jan 20, 8:23 AM
    • 15th Jan 20, 8:23 AM
    At the moment I donít have a credit card - my history with them is painful and having learned the hard way Iím steering clear for now. But a good thought - thanks!
    • Zoe151
    • By Zoe151 15th Jan 20, 8:31 AM
    • 3 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Zoe151
    • 15th Jan 20, 8:31 AM
    • 15th Jan 20, 8:31 AM
    I’m going to continue to pay in full - I looked at the DD options just out of interest. I’m trying the penny a day saving challenge so I’ll earmark some of that to boost my stash. My dad would be proud of me ��
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,376Posts Today

4,583Users online

Martin's Twitter