Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • luiza8
    • By luiza8 13th Jan 20, 4:11 PM
    • 88Posts
    • 23Thanks
    luiza8
    History of house on market
    • 13th Jan 20, 4:11 PM
    History of house on market 13th Jan 20 at 4:11 PM
    Is it possible to see the listing history of a current house, SINCE THE LAST SALE date?

I know I can view history of a house and when it was sold, but is it possible to see if it has been taken off the market and put back on without selling?

Thanks
Page 1
    • tommyedinburgh
    • By tommyedinburgh 13th Jan 20, 5:17 PM
    • 50 Posts
    • 57 Thanks
    tommyedinburgh
    • 13th Jan 20, 5:17 PM
    • 13th Jan 20, 5:17 PM
    Zoopla sometimes shares this kind of information with links to which selling agent advertised it.
    • AdrianC
    • By AdrianC 13th Jan 20, 5:22 PM
    • 27,591 Posts
    • 27,774 Thanks
    AdrianC
    • 13th Jan 20, 5:22 PM
    • 13th Jan 20, 5:22 PM
    There's no single point of saying "Here's the address, here's all the listings."

You might be able to find previous listings, but they certainly aren't guaranteed. All that's officially kept is the LR listing of previous sale dates/prices (and not all transactions are recorded there).
    • luiza8
    • By luiza8 13th Jan 20, 7:08 PM
    • 88 Posts
    • 23 Thanks
    luiza8
    • 13th Jan 20, 7:08 PM
    • 13th Jan 20, 7:08 PM
    Thanks for the replies.

So in short, 5e answer is no/potentially.

This means anyone selling a property could list it and if they don’t get the price they want in 6 months or so, take it off the market for a bit and resist? That means potential buyers wouldn’t be put off by the length of time it’s been on the market...
    • Splatfoot
    • By Splatfoot 13th Jan 20, 8:05 PM
    • 67 Posts
    • 159 Thanks
    Splatfoot
    • 13th Jan 20, 8:05 PM
    • 13th Jan 20, 8:05 PM
    Ours was in the market two years ago. If you put my address into Google it does pull up the old listing on Zoopla. We took it off after 3 months because we changed our minds. It's probably about to go back on again in February. We just weren't ready.
    MFW #96 Goal 2020 £600
    • markin
    • By markin 13th Jan 20, 10:20 PM
    • 967 Posts
    • 792 Thanks
    markin
    • 13th Jan 20, 10:20 PM
    • 13th Jan 20, 10:20 PM
    Every listing is possibly recorded on sites like zoopla if it sells or not. But If people have been watching the target market for a year or 2 they will possibly just remember it anyway.

And the EA may tell them!
    • Puflet
    • By Puflet 13th Jan 20, 10:38 PM
    • 58 Posts
    • 27 Thanks
    Puflet
    • 13th Jan 20, 10:38 PM
    • 13th Jan 20, 10:38 PM
    I know when I first put my house on the market, one of the questions on the seller's information form was whether there had been any failed transactions within the last twelve months - and to give details, if so.

There are many, many reasons why a property may be withdrawn from the market and then put back on again, which aren't necessarily to do with the seller not getting the price they wanted.

As regards the length of time before a house can be relisted as a new instruction, there are rules about this: https://hoa.org.uk/2017/02/the-new-rules-for-selling-your-home-on-portals-like-rightmove/
    • markin
    • By markin 14th Jan 20, 11:23 AM
    • 967 Posts
    • 792 Thanks
    markin
    • 14th Jan 20, 11:23 AM
    • 14th Jan 20, 11:23 AM
    I know when I first put my house on the market, one of the questions on the seller's information form was whether there had been any failed transactions within the last twelve months - and to give details, if so.

There are many, many reasons why a property may be withdrawn from the market and then put back on again, which aren't necessarily to do with the seller not getting the price they wanted.

As regards the length of time before a house can be relisted as a new instruction, there are rules about this: https://hoa.org.uk/2017/02/the-new-rules-for-selling-your-home-on-portals-like-rightmove/
    Originally posted by Puflet

And yet prices going up and then back down to be listed as reduced and bumped still seems to happen.
    • MobileSaver
    • By MobileSaver 14th Jan 20, 11:48 AM
    • 2,024 Posts
    • 3,111 Thanks
    MobileSaver
    • 14th Jan 20, 11:48 AM
    • 14th Jan 20, 11:48 AM
    is it possible to see if it has been taken off the market and put back on without selling?
    Originally posted by luiza8
    Quite simply, no.

Even if such information existed, what possible use would it be given there are 101 different reasons why a house may be temporarily taken off the market?
    Respect to 3 of the greatest actors of all time; amazing people who are totally believable as the characters they play & almost single-handedly make the shows they starred in:

Peter Dinklage as Tyrion Lannister in Game of Thrones
    Daniel J. Travanti as Frank Furillo in Hill Street Blues
    Claire Danes as Carrie Mathison in Homeland
    • luiza8
    • By luiza8 14th Jan 20, 11:08 PM
    • 88 Posts
    • 23 Thanks
    luiza8
    Quite simply, no.

what possible use would it be
    Originally posted by MobileSaver
    What possible use? Youíre joking right? More data is better than less data. iIf you know a property has been on the market for 1 month, rather than 11 months on the market, 4 months off and then 1 month on the market again, you might not look at it in the same way...
    • MobileSaver
    • By MobileSaver 15th Jan 20, 12:02 AM
    • 2,024 Posts
    • 3,111 Thanks
    MobileSaver
    Youíre joking right? More data is better than less data.
    No, as I said, there could be 101 different reasons why the property was taken off the market and you would have absolutely no idea what that reason was. (E.g. joint owners breaking up, joint owners reconciling, owner losing their job, owner getting new job, owner becomes pregnant, owner has a baby, owner has serious accident, owner dies, owner can't find suitable next property, owner's onward sale falls through, the list goes on...)

What exactly do you perceive to be the benefit of knowing a property was "4 months off and then 1 month on the market?"
    Respect to 3 of the greatest actors of all time; amazing people who are totally believable as the characters they play & almost single-handedly make the shows they starred in:

Peter Dinklage as Tyrion Lannister in Game of Thrones
    Daniel J. Travanti as Frank Furillo in Hill Street Blues
    Claire Danes as Carrie Mathison in Homeland
    • Davesnave
    • By Davesnave 15th Jan 20, 10:49 AM
    • 30,173 Posts
    • 103,686 Thanks
    Davesnave

This means anyone selling a property could list it and if they don’t get the price they want in 6 months or so, take it off the market for a bit and re-list? That means potential buyers wouldn’t be put off by the length of time it’s been on the market...
    I fail to see what's wrong with that. We have some people locally who listed their house last spring, took it off in the autumn and now it's just appeared again. Yes, higher price too.

I think they're a bit premature. Here, it looks lovely in May, so early summer's the best time to sell. Right now, the roads are full of mud and !!!! and like rivers in places, so with a lack of colour, other than grey and brown, it's less easy to sell the rural dream.

But whatever time anyone looks, the same question will be asked: 'What's this property worth to me?' and it's the only one that matters.
    You have been warned!
    • markin
    • By markin 15th Jan 20, 3:04 PM
    • 967 Posts
    • 792 Thanks
    markin
    The longer its on the more desperate 'Some' will be and more willing to take a lower offer so it could be big advantage to the buyer, Its how WebuyAnyHouse companies tend make a profit.

Many will just tell you go do one, and will gladly sit for months and years for the price they want, but you don't know until you try.
    • Crashy Time
    • By Crashy Time 15th Jan 20, 3:13 PM
    • 8,794 Posts
    • 3,074 Thanks
    Crashy Time
    No, as I said, there could be 101 different reasons why the property was taken off the market and you would have absolutely no idea what that reason was. (E.g. joint owners breaking up, joint owners reconciling, owner losing their job, owner getting new job, owner becomes pregnant, owner has a baby, owner has serious accident, owner dies, owner can't find suitable next property, owner's onward sale falls through, the list goes on...)

What exactly do you perceive to be the benefit of knowing a property was "4 months off and then 1 month on the market?"
    Originally posted by MobileSaver
    Because usually that indicates people in denial about how much their house is worth, PropertyLog is also useful as a seller sentiment gauge, but of course there are ways to list and de-list to avoid the asking price history from being too obvious. Most properties listed at sensible prices don`t jump off and on the listings for years/months IMO.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,912Posts Today

5,387Users online

Martin's Twitter