New Post Advanced Search

Welcome to the new MSE Forum!

If you were registered on the old Forum BEFORE 6th February 2020, you will need to reset your password (here) before you are able to log in. When you've reset your password, you can close this message with the 'X' in the top-right corner to make it disappear. If you need any help getting started, click here.

History of house on market

edited 30 November -1 at 12:00AM in House Buying, Renting & Selling
13 replies 1.1K views
luiza8luiza8
88 posts
Forumite
edited 30 November -1 at 12:00AM in House Buying, Renting & Selling
Is it possible to see the listing history of a current house, SINCE THE LAST SALE date?

I know I can view history of a house and when it was sold, but is it possible to see if it has been taken off the market and put back on without selling?

Thanks

Replies

• tommyedinburghtommyedinburgh
    54 posts
    Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10 Posts
    Zoopla sometimes shares this kind of information with links to which selling agent advertised it.
  • AdrianCAdrianC
    28.6K posts
    Forumite
    25000 Posts Sixth Anniversary Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's no single point of saying "Here's the address, here's all the listings."

You might be able to find previous listings, but they certainly aren't guaranteed. All that's officially kept is the LR listing of previous sale dates/prices (and not all transactions are recorded there).
  • luiza8luiza8
    88 posts
    Forumite
    Thanks for the replies.

So in short, 5e answer is no/potentially.

This means anyone selling a property could list it and if they don’t get the price they want in 6 months or so, take it off the market for a bit and resist? That means potential buyers wouldn’t be put off by the length of time it’s been on the market...
  • SplatfootSplatfoot
    81 posts
    Forumite
    10 Posts First Anniversary
    Ours was in the market two years ago. If you put my address into Google it does pull up the old listing on Zoopla. We took it off after 3 months because we changed our minds. It's probably about to go back on again in February. We just weren't ready.
    MFW #96 Goal 2020 £600
  • markinmarkin
    1.1K posts
    Forumite
    1000 Posts First Anniversary Photogenic
    ✭✭✭
    Every listing is possibly recorded on sites like zoopla if it sells or not. But If people have been watching the target market for a year or 2 they will possibly just remember it anyway.

And the EA may tell them!
  • PufletPuflet
    58 posts
    Forumite
    I know when I first put my house on the market, one of the questions on the seller's information form was whether there had been any failed transactions within the last twelve months - and to give details, if so.

There are many, many reasons why a property may be withdrawn from the market and then put back on again, which aren't necessarily to do with the seller not getting the price they wanted.

As regards the length of time before a house can be relisted as a new instruction, there are rules about this: https://hoa.org.uk/2017/02/the-new-rules-for-selling-your-home-on-portals-like-rightmove/
  • markinmarkin
    1.1K posts
    Forumite
    1000 Posts First Anniversary Photogenic
    ✭✭✭
    Puflet wrote: »
    I know when I first put my house on the market, one of the questions on the seller's information form was whether there had been any failed transactions within the last twelve months - and to give details, if so.

There are many, many reasons why a property may be withdrawn from the market and then put back on again, which aren't necessarily to do with the seller not getting the price they wanted.

As regards the length of time before a house can be relisted as a new instruction, there are rules about this: https://hoa.org.uk/2017/02/the-new-rules-for-selling-your-home-on-portals-like-rightmove/

And yet prices going up and then back down to be listed as reduced and bumped still seems to happen.
  • MobileSaverMobileSaver
    2.1K posts
    Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    luiza8 wrote: »
    is it possible to see if it has been taken off the market and put back on without selling?

Quite simply, no.

Even if such information existed, what possible use would it be given there are 101 different reasons why a house may be temporarily taken off the market?
    Respect to 3 of the greatest actors of all time; amazing people who are totally believable as the characters they play & almost single-handedly make the shows they starred in:

Peter Dinklage as Tyrion Lannister in Game of Thrones
    Daniel J. Travanti as Frank Furillo in Hill Street Blues
    Claire Danes as Carrie Mathison in Homeland
  • luiza8luiza8
    88 posts
    Forumite
    Quite simply, no.

what possible use would it be

What possible use? You’re joking right? More data is better than less data. iIf you know a property has been on the market for 1 month, rather than 11 months on the market, 4 months off and then 1 month on the market again, you might not look at it in the same way...
  • MobileSaverMobileSaver
    2.1K posts
    Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    luiza8 wrote: »
    You’re joking right? More data is better than less data.

No, as I said, there could be 101 different reasons why the property was taken off the market and you would have absolutely no idea what that reason was. (E.g. joint owners breaking up, joint owners reconciling, owner losing their job, owner getting new job, owner becomes pregnant, owner has a baby, owner has serious accident, owner dies, owner can't find suitable next property, owner's onward sale falls through, the list goes on...)

What exactly do you perceive to be the benefit of knowing a property was "4 months off and then 1 month on the market?"
    Respect to 3 of the greatest actors of all time; amazing people who are totally believable as the characters they play & almost single-handedly make the shows they starred in:

Peter Dinklage as Tyrion Lannister in Game of Thrones
    Daniel J. Travanti as Frank Furillo in Hill Street Blues
    Claire Danes as Carrie Mathison in Homeland