Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Bobb12345
    • By Bobb12345 11th Jan 20, 2:00 PM
    • 27Posts
    • 16Thanks
    Bobb12345
    UK CPM - Fined for parking in my own space
    • 11th Jan 20, 2:00 PM
    UK CPM - Fined for parking in my own space 11th Jan 20 at 2:00 PM
    Hi All,

I know this has been covered a lot recently in other parts of the forum, but I had a situation the other day, where the permit I have from UK CPM fell off my dashboard and onto the floor of the car. I only noticed a day or so later, and as luck would have it in that time they have sent me a letter saying I now need to pay a 60 fine.

Never mind the fact that it's wholly immoral that I have been fined for parking in the allocated parking space for my own vehicle. I have refused to pay the fine and really don't want to have to go to court to fight it.

I have sent a letter to UK CPM asking for the charge to be dismissed - Lack of landowner rights and signage stating it should be an invoice rather than a fine. I have also written to the Property Management Company to get involved as it was they who asked UK CPM to manage the car park.

I'm hoping that the charge will be overturned, but would welcome any advice anyone has here. Many thanks.
Page 2
    • DoaM
    • By DoaM 14th Jan 20, 1:26 PM
    • 8,697 Posts
    • 8,595 Thanks
    DoaM
    Post #6 is where OP states that they are allocated a space. I agree that the OP needs to make sure the evidence to support that claim is clear and available (in writing).
    Diary of a madman
    Walk the line again today
    Entries of confusion
    Dear diary, I'm here to stay
    • Bobb12345
    • By Bobb12345 15th Jan 20, 7:36 PM
    • 27 Posts
    • 16 Thanks
    Bobb12345
    Hi Nosferatu1001,

That's correct. However, it says in the tenancy inventory 'The property benefits from an allocated parking space.'
    This forms part of the AST I signed. It doesn't exactly specify which space, but that's not really relevant. There is nothing that states I need to pay for a parking permit, nor anything that states I need to pay a penalty.
    • Bobb12345
    • By Bobb12345 15th Jan 20, 7:47 PM
    • 27 Posts
    • 16 Thanks
    Bobb12345
    Clarification
    I have to admit the tenancy doesn't state that that particular space is allocated to me. This is going to be difficult to find. The letting agents won't provide a copy of the lease, and I have no other way of getting that information.
    In this instance, would it make more sense just to pay the Parking Charge? Obviously, I don't want to have to do this, but if it's going to cost me more in time and effort to get a copy of EXACT wording, then I may have no choice.
    Any advice?

Edit - If the Property Management Company also can't provide a copy of the lease. Where do I stand? I really don't want to have to pay this, as, as we all know, it's highly immoral. What can I do?
    Last edited by Bobb12345; 15-01-2020 at 8:02 PM. Reason: More info added
    • Bobb12345
    • By Bobb12345 17th Jan 20, 12:55 PM
    • 27 Posts
    • 16 Thanks
    Bobb12345
    An update on my parking charge situation.

I have been hassling the Property Management Company very heavily to get this cancelled (as they employed the Parking Firm). I received the following reply today.

'I write further to your recent email and telephone calls to this office concerning your parking notice issued on 31 December 2019 for vehicle REDACTED.

Contact has been made to the car parking management company for that ticket to be void and for your car to be exempt from parking tickets in bay 2 until the expiration of your current Tenancy Agreement – which you advised is in REDACTED.

This goes to show that if you keep the pressure on whoever employed the parking firm then it will eventually come good. It's basically an admission by them that they had no authority to employ the parking firm and they shouldn't be operating in the area anyway.

I'm not stopping here though, I'm going to contact the residents in the flats to put the pressure on as well and request that my MP write to the property management company. I don't believe this PPC should be operating anywhere near where I live and if I am ever to receive any further parking tickets, then they can take me to court.

Anyways, that's the latest news and the persistence is key.
    Last edited by Bobb12345; 17-01-2020 at 12:58 PM. Reason: Changed data
    • Le_Kirk
    • By Le_Kirk 17th Jan 20, 12:56 PM
    • 8,009 Posts
    • 9,072 Thanks
    Le_Kirk
    Well done; you might want to remove your VRM from your most recent post.
    • Bobb12345
    • By Bobb12345 17th Jan 20, 12:58 PM
    • 27 Posts
    • 16 Thanks
    Bobb12345
    Hi Le_Kirk,
    Good advice! Whoops. Done.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,269Posts Today

7,382Users online

Martin's Twitter