Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Renee Lou
    • By Renee Lou 7th Jan 20, 11:15 AM
    • 9Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Renee Lou
    Stretch Marks Treatment Refund
    • 7th Jan 20, 11:15 AM
    Stretch Marks Treatment Refund 7th Jan 20 at 11:15 AM
    I've had eight sessions of a cosmetic treatment for stretch marks and have not noticed any difference. I have before and after pictures and was wondering if I have any rights as a consumer to receive a partial/full refund?
    Last edited by Renee Lou; 15-01-2020 at 7:04 PM.
Page 1
    • Aylesbury Duck
    • By Aylesbury Duck 7th Jan 20, 11:34 AM
    • 5,233 Posts
    • 7,104 Thanks
    Aylesbury Duck
    • 7th Jan 20, 11:34 AM
    • 7th Jan 20, 11:34 AM
    I've had six sessions of microneedling treatment for stretch marks and have not noticed any difference. I have before and after pictures and was wondering if I have any rights as a consumer to receive a partial/full refund?
    Originally posted by Renee Lou
    Depends on the legitimacy of the company concerned and what their terms and conditions are.
    • Renee Lou
    • By Renee Lou 7th Jan 20, 11:47 AM
    • 9 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Renee Lou
    • 7th Jan 20, 11:47 AM
    • 7th Jan 20, 11:47 AM
    I guess not then. I just read their terms and conditions and it states that they do not guarantee specific results. I'm honestly feeling very angry right now because the treatment was expensive yet made no difference whatsoever. During the consultation they made it seem like the treatment would most definitely work which obviously was not the case.
    • Aylesbury Duck
    • By Aylesbury Duck 7th Jan 20, 12:01 PM
    • 5,233 Posts
    • 7,104 Thanks
    Aylesbury Duck
    • 7th Jan 20, 12:01 PM
    • 7th Jan 20, 12:01 PM
    Don't give up too easily, it may be that their terms and conditions are unfair and unenforceable.

What's the company, when did you have the treatment and how did you pay?
    • Renee Lou
    • By Renee Lou 7th Jan 20, 12:04 PM
    • 9 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Renee Lou
    • 7th Jan 20, 12:04 PM
    • 7th Jan 20, 12:04 PM
    It's a Harley St company. I had the treatment from summer - winter and paid by direct debit.
    • Aylesbury Duck
    • By Aylesbury Duck 7th Jan 20, 12:09 PM
    • 5,233 Posts
    • 7,104 Thanks
    Aylesbury Duck
    • 7th Jan 20, 12:09 PM
    • 7th Jan 20, 12:09 PM
    Which company? Are their terms and conditions available for us to read on their website, for example?

I appreciate you may want to keep a degree of confidentiality but without some specific information, you're not going to get well-informed advice.
    • Renee Lou
    • By Renee Lou 7th Jan 20, 12:22 PM
    • 9 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Renee Lou
    • 7th Jan 20, 12:22 PM
    • 7th Jan 20, 12:22 PM
    I sent the company's terms and conditions to you in a private message.
    • hollydays
    • By hollydays 7th Jan 20, 12:27 PM
    • 17,909 Posts
    • 14,023 Thanks
    hollydays
    • 7th Jan 20, 12:27 PM
    • 7th Jan 20, 12:27 PM
    Is having Harley street in your name, or being situated in Harley Street any recommmendation? Genuine question.
    • davidmcn
    • By davidmcn 7th Jan 20, 12:30 PM
    • 14,385 Posts
    • 16,806 Thanks
    davidmcn
    • 7th Jan 20, 12:30 PM
    • 7th Jan 20, 12:30 PM
    Is having Harley street in your name, or being situated in Harley Street any recommmendation? Genuine question.
    Originally posted by hollydays
    It means they can afford to pay Harley Street rents. That's about it.
    • Aylesbury Duck
    • By Aylesbury Duck 7th Jan 20, 3:54 PM
    • 5,233 Posts
    • 7,104 Thanks
    Aylesbury Duck
    I sent the company's terms and conditions to you in a private message.
    Originally posted by Renee Lou
    They don't make good reading. Considering they purport to be a 'Harley Street' practice, their terms are full of disclaimers, and littered with odd grammar and spelling errors.

How many Harley Street practitioners run facebook competitions?!

If you're sure you've complied with the many obligations you agreed to, persevere and see what you get.
    • shaun from Africa
    • By shaun from Africa 7th Jan 20, 4:29 PM
    • 11,468 Posts
    • 13,082 Thanks
    shaun from Africa
    I suppose that to qualify as a "Harley street practice", all you need is an office there, something that is very cheap and easy to set up:
    • Renee Lou
    • By Renee Lou 7th Jan 20, 4:39 PM
    • 9 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Renee Lou
    They don't make good reading. Considering they purport to be a 'Harley Street' practice, their terms are full of disclaimers, and littered with odd grammar and spelling errors.

How many Harley Street practitioners run facebook competitions?!

If you're sure you've complied with the many obligations you agreed to, persevere and see what you get.
    Originally posted by Aylesbury Duck
    Thanks for the reply. I'll send them an email and see what they say but I don't have much hope though.
    • hollydays
    • By hollydays 7th Jan 20, 6:00 PM
    • 17,909 Posts
    • 14,023 Thanks
    hollydays
    I suppose that to qualify as a "Harley street practice", all you need is an office there, something that is very cheap and easy to set up:
    Originally posted by shaun from Africa
    That looks a bit like 29 Harley Street mentioned here .

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2016/apr/19/offshore-central-london-curious-case-29-harley-street
    • Pollycat
    • By Pollycat 8th Jan 20, 8:07 AM
    • 24,514 Posts
    • 65,925 Thanks
    Pollycat
    No help from me regarding your refund issue but try Bio-oil on your stretch marks.
    Recommended to me by medical staff for a scar after an operation.
    Obviously I don't have a comparison but the scar is looking pretty good.
    • Renee Lou
    • By Renee Lou 15th Jan 20, 7:04 PM
    • 9 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Renee Lou
    Okay, so I forgot that I was given a separate terms and agreement during the consultation. In that one, it says that they cannot guarantee how many sessions would yield results and that also for a small number of people they may not respond to treatment at all. That means I have no case, right?
    • Dr Crypto
    • By Dr Crypto 15th Jan 20, 10:51 PM
    • 244 Posts
    • 92 Thanks
    Dr Crypto
    It would be very unusual for any medical procedure to come with an absolute guarantee of results, especially cosmetic procedures. How the human body reacts to the treatment is unpredictable and with cosmetic procedures the outcome is subjective (eg the surgeon can give a patient DD boobs but can’t guarantee they will be happy with how they look).
    • bris
    • By bris 16th Jan 20, 12:46 AM
    • 8,974 Posts
    • 7,888 Thanks
    bris
    You would need to investigate further and try and find evidence that the treatment doesn't actually work.

If there is successful clients then there is no hope, if you cant find any then there is.

A small claims action could yield results as they would have to show it actually does work on some clients.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

99Posts Today

1,570Users online

Martin's Twitter