Stretch Marks Treatment Refund

Options
Renee_Lou
Renee_Lou Posts: 24 Forumite
First Anniversary First Post
edited 15 January 2020 at 8:04PM in Consumer rights
I've had eight sessions of a cosmetic treatment for stretch marks and have not noticed any difference. I have before and after pictures and was wondering if I have any rights as a consumer to receive a partial/full refund?

Comments

• Aylesbury_Duck
    Aylesbury_Duck Posts: 14,005 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Renee_Lou wrote: »
    I've had six sessions of microneedling treatment for stretch marks and have not noticed any difference. I have before and after pictures and was wondering if I have any rights as a consumer to receive a partial/full refund?
    Depends on the legitimacy of the company concerned and what their terms and conditions are.
  • Renee_Lou
    Options
    I guess not then. I just read their terms and conditions and it states that they do not guarantee specific results. I'm honestly feeling very angry right now because the treatment was expensive yet made no difference whatsoever. During the consultation they made it seem like the treatment would most definitely work which obviously was not the case.
  • Aylesbury_Duck
    Options
    Don't give up too easily, it may be that their terms and conditions are unfair and unenforceable.

What's the company, when did you have the treatment and how did you pay?
  • Renee_Lou
    Options
    It's a Harley St company. I had the treatment from summer - winter and paid by direct debit.
  • Aylesbury_Duck
    Options
    Which company? Are their terms and conditions available for us to read on their website, for example?

I appreciate you may want to keep a degree of confidentiality but without some specific information, you're not going to get well-informed advice.
  • Renee_Lou
    Options
    I sent the company's terms and conditions to you in a private message.
  • hollydays
    hollydays Posts: 19,812 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Is having Harley street in your name, or being situated in Harley Street any recommmendation? Genuine question.
  • davidmcn
    davidmcn Posts: 23,596 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    hollydays wrote: »
    Is having Harley street in your name, or being situated in Harley Street any recommmendation? Genuine question.
    It means they can afford to pay Harley Street rents. That's about it.
  • Aylesbury_Duck
    Options
    Renee_Lou wrote: »
    I sent the company's terms and conditions to you in a private message.
    They don't make good reading. Considering they purport to be a 'Harley Street' practice, their terms are full of disclaimers, and littered with odd grammar and spelling errors.

How many Harley Street practitioners run facebook competitions?!

If you're sure you've complied with the many obligations you agreed to, persevere and see what you get.
  • shaun_from_Africa
    Options
    I suppose that to qualify as a "Harley street practice", all you need is an office there, something that is very cheap and easy to set up:
    hs.jpg
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport