Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • savemoney
    • By savemoney 27th Dec 19, 11:38 AM
    • 13,203Posts
    • 11,794Thanks
    savemoney
    Dyson v11 absolute amazing product
    • 27th Dec 19, 11:38 AM
    Dyson v11 absolute amazing product 27th Dec 19 at 11:38 AM
    Dyson v11 absolute is an amazing product. Yes it costs a lot of money. I paid 499.00 (discounted black Friday) just before Christmas so we could give whole house a good clean. We usually wash what carpets we have with vax washer.

I cant believe how much dirt this picks up even when we have had two Dysons in house one of which we now given away.

On the Torque Drive Motorhead if you close the two slots at front it literately sucks carpet up and remove ground in dirt my two dysons missed. We tried this on full power but even on eco and auto modes they still suck up dirt you cant see with naked eye.

The only carpets we have is stairs/landing and one bedroom (3 bed house) it was also good as removing ground in dirt on a large rug we vaccumed with other Dyson and have washed before with the vax.

Before we got the V11 we did buy a 32v Vax blade around 160 at the time, absolute terrible machine in every way, bin very small pain in backside to clean filters, a real pain. Doesnt pick up much stuff at all.

Moral in this story is you get what you pay for. Yes Dysons are expensive, very expensive but a lot of that has come in a brilliant product in every way and research.

Oh and I dont get paid for this one bit no connection with Dyson
Page 1
    • rollingmoon
    • By rollingmoon 30th Dec 19, 10:39 PM
    • 38 Posts
    • 37 Thanks
    rollingmoon
    • 30th Dec 19, 10:39 PM
    • 30th Dec 19, 10:39 PM

That's brilliant, James, just brilliant. Keep 'em coming!
    • Pollycat
    • By Pollycat 31st Dec 19, 7:18 AM
    • 24,549 Posts
    • 65,993 Thanks
    Pollycat
    • 31st Dec 19, 7:18 AM
    • 31st Dec 19, 7:18 AM

Originally posted by rollingmoon
    There's no need for that.
    The OP is a long time member of MSE with lots of posts.
    • photome
    • By photome 31st Dec 19, 7:27 AM
    • 14,413 Posts
    • 9,911 Thanks
    photome
    • 31st Dec 19, 7:27 AM
    • 31st Dec 19, 7:27 AM

wow, thats funny !!!
    • Hasbeen
    • By Hasbeen 31st Dec 19, 7:32 AM
    • 1,601 Posts
    • 1,261 Thanks
    Hasbeen
    • 31st Dec 19, 7:32 AM
    • 31st Dec 19, 7:32 AM

Totally agree with Op. We bought one in black Friday sales 499 but it is a great machine and cleans far better than our old dyson ball.

Also to Rolling moon. Op is long time poster with over 3000 posts.

You have 37, to infer OP is James Dyson is ridiculous and your post is childish.
    • Nick_C
    • By Nick_C 31st Dec 19, 7:49 AM
    • 5,819 Posts
    • 9,887 Thanks
    Nick_C
    • 31st Dec 19, 7:49 AM
    • 31st Dec 19, 7:49 AM
    Glad to hear Dyson are still making some good machines. The hand held we bought is only really good for picking up cob webs, and I had read that they were only making battery operated models now. Shan't discount them completely when my current plug in Dyson eventually dies.

Thanks OP for this useful post.
    • savemoney
    • By savemoney 31st Dec 19, 10:26 AM
    • 13,203 Posts
    • 11,794 Thanks
    savemoney
    • 31st Dec 19, 10:26 AM
    • 31st Dec 19, 10:26 AM
    Thats was almost funny. Dont give up your day job though to become a comedian.

oh and I see you real reason you wanted to have a dig was your bad experience in the product and decided to vent it on me yawn.

Oh here is my receipt from Argos via online 450 with staff discount (wife, Mrs Dyson) and black Friday Although of course I had to disguise myself as someone else don't want to be seen as James

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=76538589&postcount=22

I only posted this because I am giving a truthful account of the product, yes its very expensive vacuum cleaner but if you cared to see online reviews unbiased ones that take a in-depth analyses it comes out usually on top even after 9 months of usage

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8qn-zJQ1dQ
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wk-1d8T0mmY&t=1510s

Last edited by savemoney; 31-12-2019 at 11:11 AM.
    • savemoney
    • By savemoney 31st Dec 19, 10:31 AM
    • 13,203 Posts
    • 11,794 Thanks
    savemoney
    • 31st Dec 19, 10:31 AM
    • 31st Dec 19, 10:31 AM
    Yes thats right all the research is going into battery operated and have invested large sums of money into battery research too

Glad to hear Dyson are still making some good machines. The hand held we bought is only really good for picking up cob webs, and I had read that they were only making battery operated models now. Shan't discount them completely when my current plug in Dyson eventually dies.

Thanks OP for this useful post.
    Originally posted by Nick_C
    Last edited by savemoney; 31-12-2019 at 11:15 AM.
    • savemoney
    • By savemoney 31st Dec 19, 10:32 AM
    • 13,203 Posts
    • 11,794 Thanks
    savemoney
    • 31st Dec 19, 10:32 AM
    • 31st Dec 19, 10:32 AM
    They will be back at school soon. To be honest I dont post much now because of trolls like them and ungrateful people who cant be @rsed to thank you when you try to help them. I usually dont want to waste my time with them anymore.

There's no need for that.
    The OP is a long time member of MSE with lots of posts.
    Originally posted by Pollycat
    • tgon
    • By tgon 31st Dec 19, 10:50 AM
    • 682 Posts
    • 336 Thanks
    tgon
    +1 Dyson v11 - very positive experience from me too.
    • savemoney
    • By savemoney 31st Dec 19, 11:13 AM
    • 13,203 Posts
    • 11,794 Thanks
    savemoney
    Me too I am amazed how much ingrain dirt it lifted, My large rug just keeps giving dirt all time even though I washed it. Because you can alter the suction via the gates on the brush, when the gates are down I can suck carpet up never had this before with any vacuum cleaner including Dysons corded

I bought some zorb cleaner when it comes to clean a few bits of dirt that wont go

+1 Dyson v11 - very positive experience from me too.
    Originally posted by tgon
    • coffeehound
    • By coffeehound 31st Dec 19, 11:39 AM
    • 3,782 Posts
    • 7,432 Thanks
    coffeehound
    Useful review, thanks for posting it.

Personally I don't get the popularity of, or emphasis by Dyson on, cordless, though. Is it really such a problem to plug a vacuum cleaner into those conveniently located power sockets?

I suspect it's a ploy by Dyson to make people see it as The Way Forward because they are ahead with the motor and electronics technology to run it.
    • savemoney
    • By savemoney 31st Dec 19, 12:28 PM
    • 13,203 Posts
    • 11,794 Thanks
    savemoney
    I was sceptical whether cordless would be better as I had my fingers burnt with a vax blade 32v I just thought wow the price at the time for a v8 I think was silly like it is even more for the v11

But how wrong I was its far better than corded Dysons and I have had about 3 over the years and still have one now for car.

I couldn't believe how good it was sucking up dirt ingrained in my rug even corded Dysons couldn't shift it. The cord is a issue as you always stuck to how long it is and sometime it gets in way like the stairs. I didn't realise just how much is its a issue until I got this, I thought that too like you are.

You do pay for the technology but from what I seen no other manufacturer comes close in terms of suction and the battery life is good. I clean house in a totally different way and its no longer a chore as its so easy to pick up from the charger whip round a few rooms (plenty of charge left) and back on charger

Personally I don't get the popularity of, or emphasis by Dyson on, cordless, though. Is it really such a problem to plug a vacuum cleaner into those conveniently located power sockets?

I suspect it's a ploy by Dyson to make people see it as The Way Forward because they are ahead with the motor and electronics technology to run it.
    Originally posted by coffeehound
    Last edited by savemoney; 31-12-2019 at 12:32 PM.
    • yorkiechick
    • By yorkiechick 15th Jan 20, 3:56 PM
    • 16 Posts
    • 9 Thanks
    yorkiechick
    Another vote for the V11 here, it's brilliant!
    I had a Dyson ball previously which was great too but I wanted cordless for ease of use up and down stairs. I honestly feel this thing would suck up the dog given half the chance, it's so powerful!
    It really makes it so much easier and quicker to clean when you don't have to faff with the cord. It's even restored the pile on my living room carpet which is 50+ years old and the last remaining relic in my house left over from my Grandma.
    • oldagetraveller
    • By oldagetraveller 15th Jan 20, 4:44 PM
    • 3,512 Posts
    • 1,996 Thanks
    oldagetraveller
    I'm sure it is a good machine, for that price it needs to be!
    I wonder when they are going to produce a cordless vacuum with a removeable battery though?

• greyteam1959
    • By greyteam1959 15th Jan 20, 6:25 PM
    • 2,796 Posts
    • 1,349 Thanks
    greyteam1959
    Gawd............
    What an appalling price for a vacuum that probably costs 50 to make in Malaysia.
    • LadyDee
    • By LadyDee 15th Jan 20, 6:36 PM
    • 3,984 Posts
    • 4,309 Thanks
    LadyDee

Originally posted by coffeehound
    After tripping twice over a cord plugged into one of those conveniently located power sockets, as a safety feature alone battery operated vacuums are No.1 for me!

A Vax cordless is quite sufficient in my small fully carpeted home though at a third of the Dyson.
    • savemoney
    • By savemoney 15th Jan 20, 6:55 PM
    • 13,203 Posts
    • 11,794 Thanks
    savemoney
    Supply and demand. Its not just the cost to make but also the R&D. They make some of the best cleaners for the price. You find premium vacuum cleaners arent cheap

You can buy cheaper ones that do a decent enough job, the Dyson has some advanced features many others dont have like better filtration, smart brush that various speed depending on floor type

You can of course say this about any product pay top price you get advanced cutting edge features, pay lower price get job done just not as good.

This cleaner actually picks up ground in dirt my 3 years old rug looks like new even old corded Dyson couldn't do that

Gawd............
    What an appalling price for a vacuum that probably costs 50 to make in Malaysia.
    Originally posted by greyteam1959
    • savemoney
    • By savemoney 15th Jan 20, 6:58 PM
    • 13,203 Posts
    • 11,794 Thanks
    savemoney
    I had the vax blade 32v worse cleaner I have ever had, often pick up dirt when motor is off it would fall back down the suction just barely kept it in the vacuum pole, also a real ball ache to clean and minute bin. Maybe blade 2 is better but blade 1 I cant even call it a cleaner it was that bad.

After tripping twice over a cord plugged into one of those conveniently located power sockets, as a safety feature alone battery operated vacuums are No.1 for me!

A Vax cordless is quite sufficient in my small fully carpeted home though at a third of the Dyson.
    Originally posted by LadyDee
    • savemoney
    • By savemoney 15th Jan 20, 7:00 PM
    • 13,203 Posts
    • 11,794 Thanks
    savemoney
    Yes I agree price is steep I did get a 100 off plus staff discount make it 450 from 599. dont resent buying it though its definitely a game changer at a price

I'm sure it is a good machine, for that price it needs to be!
    I wonder when they are going to produce a cordless vacuum with a removeable battery though?
    Originally posted by oldagetraveller
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,843Posts Today

6,351Users online

Martin's Twitter