Norwegian Airlines change flight time by over 11hrs

Options
Hoping someone will be able to offer some advice.

Flying to New York with Norwegian Airlines on 5th December, the original flight time from Gatwick was 06:10 but I have had an email today to say they are changing our flight time to 17:10 instead. Don’t know if it makes a difference but it’s a different flight number from the original.

The email says I can ask for a full refund but to buy new flights is going to cost a lot more; the idea was to land early New York time to get a full first day so this essentially reduces our 4 day trip by a day.

Are we entitled to any compensation or do I just need to accept the change?

Comments

• vegasvisitor
    Options
    pmorrison wrote: »
    Hoping someone will be able to offer some advice.

Flying to New York with Norwegian Airlines on 5th December, the original flight time from Gatwick was 06:10 but I have had an email today to say they are changing our flight time to 17:10 instead. Don’t know if it makes a difference but it’s a different flight number from the original.

The email says I can ask for a full refund but to buy new flights is going to cost a lot more; the idea was to land early New York time to get a full first day so this essentially reduces our 4 day trip by a day.

Are we entitled to any compensation or do I just need to accept the change?

I don't think you are entitled to compensation (you are more than 14 days notice), but at least they give you the option of cancelling. Can you fly out a day earlier and get your extra day? Have you booked a hotel? Could you just completely change your plans?
  • Caz3121
    Caz3121 Posts: 15,545 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    they are showing a flight at 09:50 also...I would ask for that one
  • CM66
    CM66 Posts: 602 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 17 September 2019 at 5:47PM
    Options
    If the flight number has changed then it looks like a cancellation rather that a schedule change. You might be able to ask them to book you with another airline, you might also be entitled to compensation!

As Caz said there is a 09:50 flight on the same day, i would be asking them to put you on that one instead!
  • Ganga
    Ganga Posts: 4,157 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    CM66 wrote: »
    If the flight number has changed then it looks like a cancellation rather that a schedule change. You might be able to ask them to book you with another airline, you might also be entitled to compensation!

As Caz said there is a 09:50 flight on the same day, i would be asking them to put you on that one instead!

If they give you ample notice they do not have to pay compensation
    ITS NOT EASY TO GET EVERYTHING WRONG ,I HAVE TO WORK HARD TO DO IT!
  • pmorrison_2
    Options
    Thanks for the info, spoke to Norwegian and got booked on the 09.50 flight - pushed for an upgrade but they were having none of it!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure