Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • pmorrison
    • By pmorrison 16th Sep 19, 4:38 PM
    • 257Posts
    • 69Thanks
    pmorrison
    0 WOW
    Norwegian Airlines change flight time by over 11hrs
    • 16th Sep 19, 4:38 PM
    0 WOW
    Norwegian Airlines change flight time by over 11hrs 16th Sep 19 at 4:38 PM
    Hoping someone will be able to offer some advice.

Flying to New York with Norwegian Airlines on 5th December, the original flight time from Gatwick was 06:10 but I have had an email today to say they are changing our flight time to 17:10 instead. Donít know if it makes a difference but itís a different flight number from the original.

The email says I can ask for a full refund but to buy new flights is going to cost a lot more; the idea was to land early New York time to get a full first day so this essentially reduces our 4 day trip by a day.

Are we entitled to any compensation or do I just need to accept the change?
Page 1
    • vegasvisitor
    • By vegasvisitor 16th Sep 19, 5:17 PM
    • 2,222 Posts
    • 1,454 Thanks
    vegasvisitor
    • 16th Sep 19, 5:17 PM
    Flight
    • 16th Sep 19, 5:17 PM
    Hoping someone will be able to offer some advice.

Flying to New York with Norwegian Airlines on 5th December, the original flight time from Gatwick was 06:10 but I have had an email today to say they are changing our flight time to 17:10 instead. Donít know if it makes a difference but itís a different flight number from the original.

The email says I can ask for a full refund but to buy new flights is going to cost a lot more; the idea was to land early New York time to get a full first day so this essentially reduces our 4 day trip by a day.

Are we entitled to any compensation or do I just need to accept the change?
    Originally posted by pmorrison
    I don't think you are entitled to compensation (you are more than 14 days notice), but at least they give you the option of cancelling. Can you fly out a day earlier and get your extra day? Have you booked a hotel? Could you just completely change your plans?
    • Caz3121
    • By Caz3121 16th Sep 19, 5:34 PM
    • 12,392 Posts
    • 8,074 Thanks
    Caz3121
    • 16th Sep 19, 5:34 PM
    • 16th Sep 19, 5:34 PM
    they are showing a flight at 09:50 also...I would ask for that one
    • CM66
    • By CM66 17th Sep 19, 4:35 PM
    • 583 Posts
    • 3,148 Thanks
    CM66
    • 17th Sep 19, 4:35 PM
    • 17th Sep 19, 4:35 PM
    If the flight number has changed then it looks like a cancellation rather that a schedule change. You might be able to ask them to book you with another airline, you might also be entitled to compensation!

As Caz said there is a 09:50 flight on the same day, i would be asking them to put you on that one instead!
    Last edited by CM66; 17-09-2019 at 4:47 PM.
    • Ganga
    • By Ganga 17th Sep 19, 5:48 PM
    • 1,806 Posts
    • 1,035 Thanks
    Ganga
    • 17th Sep 19, 5:48 PM
    • 17th Sep 19, 5:48 PM
    If the flight number has changed then it looks like a cancellation rather that a schedule change. You might be able to ask them to book you with another airline, you might also be entitled to compensation!

As Caz said there is a 09:50 flight on the same day, i would be asking them to put you on that one instead!
    Originally posted by CM66
    If they give you ample notice they do not have to pay compensation
    ITS NOT EASY TO GET EVERYTHING WRONG ,I HAVE TO WORK HARD TO DO IT!
    • pmorrison
    • By pmorrison 17th Sep 19, 7:23 PM
    • 257 Posts
    • 69 Thanks
    pmorrison
    • 17th Sep 19, 7:23 PM
    • 17th Sep 19, 7:23 PM
    Thanks for the info, spoke to Norwegian and got booked on the 09.50 flight - pushed for an upgrade but they were having none of it!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,089Posts Today

5,777Users online

Martin's Twitter