PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Conveyancer/solicitor for land purchase

Options
Hi

I'm looking at buying a small plot of land with a prefab garage on it next to my house. It is up for auction. Will I need a solicitor or conveyancer? I will be paying cash for the purchase with no mortgage. The land has no legal pack and is freehold.

Also any idea how much this will cost?
Starting MB- looking for Raf offers.

Amazon Club Sellers member 0015 come and join us make some space and get hold of some cash, we're on the Ebay and other auctions, Car Boot and Jumble Sales Board

Comments

• G_M
    G_M Posts: 51,977 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 17 May 2019 at 9:21PM
    Options
    Well depending how much you are planning to bid/pay, you might just wing it without - have you at least obtained the Land registry Title and read that?

But if there's real money involved, then you need someone to check the deeds/title before you bid.

Cost? Get some quotes locally. But apart from the actual solicitor's fees it willdepend how far you investigate, how many/which searches etc. Your solicior will help you decide what's essential and what the risks of skipping some searches would be.
  • babyblade41
    babyblade41 Posts: 3,933 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    First point of call is LR , 3.00 will download the deeds which will give you good indications.. I would never buy anything be it land or property without my solicitor checking first
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure