Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • tabath
    • By tabath 17th May 19, 2:49 PM
    • 464Posts
    • 99Thanks
    tabath
    Conveyancer/solicitor for land purchase
    • 17th May 19, 2:49 PM
    Conveyancer/solicitor for land purchase 17th May 19 at 2:49 PM
    Hi

I'm looking at buying a small plot of land with a prefab garage on it next to my house. It is up for auction. Will I need a solicitor or conveyancer? I will be paying cash for the purchase with no mortgage. The land has no legal pack and is freehold.

Also any idea how much this will cost?
    Starting MB- looking for Raf offers.

Amazon Club Sellers member 0015 come and join us make some space and get hold of some cash, we're on the Ebay and other auctions, Car Boot and Jumble Sales Board
Page 1
    • G_M
    • By G_M 17th May 19, 7:16 PM
    • 47,993 Posts
    • 58,729 Thanks
    G_M
    • 17th May 19, 7:16 PM
    • 17th May 19, 7:16 PM
    Well depending how much you are planning to bid/pay, you might just wing it without - have you at least obtained the Land registry Title and read that?

But if there's real money involved, then you need someone to check the deeds/title before you bid.

Cost? Get some quotes locally. But apart from the actual solicitor's fees it willdepend how far you investigate, how many/which searches etc. Your solicior will help you decide what's essential and what the risks of skipping some searches would be.
    Last edited by G_M; 17-05-2019 at 8:21 PM.
    • babyblade41
    • By babyblade41 17th May 19, 8:05 PM
    • 653 Posts
    • 758 Thanks
    babyblade41
    • 17th May 19, 8:05 PM
    • 17th May 19, 8:05 PM
    First point of call is LR , 3.00 will download the deeds which will give you good indications.. I would never buy anything be it land or property without my solicitor checking first
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,782Posts Today

7,086Users online

Martin's Twitter